It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What was in the skies above Jersey (CI) yesterday, any ideas?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Hi ATS, I'm sorry for the delayed reply, I'm at home with the kids on my tod at the moment so as you might imagine things are a little hectic around here, well that, and I would have posted a reply earlier but instead of pressing delete to fix a mistake, I pressed back, boom, start again!

I'll finish starting off by saying a big thank you to everyone for all of your replies and kind words! You all make some interesting points, but if I'm totally honest, I'm still at a bit of a loss with this one, so here goes,...

Elevenaugust, thanks for your input but it seems that the aircraft making the 90-degree turn in your FR24 screenshot was roughly 40 - 50 miles northwest of me, so we can discount that one (that's what this is all about right? The process of elimination,
).

The image below shows my location (I'm OK sharing this, I'm an outspoken advocate for medicinal cannabis law reform and I'm already well known locally, so this information is already out there). The red lines show my rough field of view from my front door, where I first spotted this strange trail. My front door is somewhat set back into the front of the building, hence the field of view being rather narrow. I've also circled the compass in red incase anyone may have missed it, as you can see, my home faces roughly south-southeast,

It appeared to have headed in from the east, then headed off in a southerly direction, away from the UK (sorry Markymint!) and back down towards the Brittany Peninsular. It's impossible for me to know what it's altitude or distance was, but in the below image I've tried my best to illustrate my perception of it's track, I've also marked my viewing location (give or take 100ft),

For those interested in seeing the other images I took (seven in all), I took some (lots actually, I'm a noob at this, can't you tell?) time to put them in order in one single image. Other than further cropping and some ever so slight noise reduction, I've applied no further processing. As you might be able to tell, there seems to have been a slight gap in time between taking photos 4 and 5, this was likely due to me faffing around with the camera trying to get the focus right. All photos were taken in pretty quick succession, and it must have taken me no longer than 45 seconds to a minute tops to take all photos,

All I really have to add at this point is that it's fairly common practice for me to look out at the sky in this direction, not only as my home faces this way, but it's also the direction in which the benches in the park across the road face, and in all of the countless hours I've spent staring up at the sky in this direction, this is the only time I've ever seen an aircraft take this track.

Whether or not we come to any definite conclusions on this, I've had fun making this thread, so once again thank you all for your valued input.

I do love a good mystery,

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: MerkabaTribeEntity

They were playing with a UAV. That looks like a good area to test one. Envelope expansion testing would put it at higher altitude and high speeds.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Nice pics.

One question, when you saw the normal aircraft did you notice any bizarre sounds? Or was it a normal engine sound?

S&F for you, if anyone can solve it, your in the right place!!

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Which UAVs leave contrails?

To OP , thanks for bringing this. I wouldn't call that a strict 90 degree turn but still intriguing to consider the possibilities.

Too bad you didn't see it occur. Whatever made that was hot enough to make a vapor trail. That implies heat exhaustion from ablation if a meteor, or engine exhaust from aircraft. Maybe it was a flare dispensed by the jet?

Meteor? Only if oddly shaped (like an airfoil) that twisted its flight path radically. That "puff" at the end (looks like) a break up.

Combat aircraft pulling a high g turn at slow speed? Not sure why, its dangerous… unless both jets were engaged in training.

Or a UFO… lol. I don't remember many reports of vapor trails from them.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Any flying high enough in the right conditions.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 06:56 PM
link   

en.wikipedia.org...

I am sure this guy can pull some WTF maneuvers when needed. They may also be testing something else, you never know.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 08:22 PM
link   

I can confirm I have seen this in the sky before, but never have figured out what it's actually been.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Nice freaking first post
Better than my lame ass first time.

You came with concrete evidence of something to show just what you saw. You totally get it!

Looking forward to your posts and WELCOME to ATS

By the way, I have no idea what I am looking at

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

I can totally vibe with that Gortex. But you gotta admit, the OP's post is awesome since it includes evidence of what she/he saw.

Could be a time thing but, your picture "appears" to be much larger in size, the anomaly that is.

Are my eyes playing tricks on me

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 09:13 AM
link   
what is wrong with this forum.
is it broken or something??
bad orgenisation?

i used to have an account here. but that seems to no longer exist.
i then try to make a new account and it takes me several tries with diffrent e-mails before the page finnaly loads and i get an activation e-mail.

anyway after struggeling to make an account.
i press the new topic button and all i get is an empty page......

although i simply wanted to make a topic about something i saw on newyears eve.

i saw a craft (or well it's lights) fly over.
it was either huge or flying pretty low.
anyway.
the strange part was it had only 2 lights.
1 outfront and 1 in the back.
bolth extremely bright red lights, (yes bolth are red this is what makes me go to the forum to try and ask if someone knows what kindof craft it was and even if it may have been a ufo)
they were alternating in a set rythme making it obvious they were artificial lights and not those chinese lanterns
also no sound (most of the fireworks were long gone already)

if anyone has any idea .
please let me know

(ps this was in tilburg in the netherlands. at about 2 am)
and the reason i don't have footage of this is because i was at a party with chicks.
any ufo related stuff would have ruined my chances
wich i kindof regret right now because even with my google skills i cannot find something similar.
this was clear as day right above us.
moving east with one light infront and one on the back.
even with my samsung s2 i could still have made quite a clear shot of it.

wait a sec.
this is basicly it
imgur.com...
only this photo looks fake. this does seem like the right spacing between em.
even though the lights were slowly alternating.
not the flashing lights like airplanes have.
but like the warning lights of a rail crossing
only then if it was higher up.
and they were alternating with blinking
edit on 1-1-2015 by darkracer125 because: found something similar

edit on 1-1-2015 by darkracer125 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Interesting picture

I suspect the contrail started off straight but due to high altitude winds took that shape .

I was thinking the same thing. Strong winds quickly pushed it in to that shape. Although it is an almost perfect 90 degree angle. Wouldn't it have to push just half of the contrail? A bit unlikely.

It is an interesting picture either way. Thanks for sharing MerkabaTribeEntity

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Ive seen this before a few years ago here in Arizona. At the time there was that jet sound outside. like a jet was parked outside your house. i went outside to look around. When i happen to glance to the east, a flash, caught my eye in the sky. It looked as if something made a 90 degree turn and as i did the sun reflected off the craft and it also left the weird 90 degree contrail behind. As this happened the roaring sound in the sky increase a little. This video i recorded a few days before seeing the flash. in the vid u can hear the jet sounds, but no jets in the sky and there was no clouds alsowww.youtube.com...
edit on 1-1-2015 by rickyjohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I looked at the contrail sequence pics and which part was dissipated could tell me the direction the craft might be travelling. I enlarged the screen and looked at the bottom left pat of th OP's first pic he posted and there is an aircraft there that I couldnt see until I zoomed. Im on a tablet so I dont have anything to "paint" where I see it.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Hello ATS community. I'm posting as a reply to this topic because it is a similar area to where my experience took place and when I click new thread I end up on a grey blank page basically with no where to type....

*Possible Abductee

*Online Alias - Apoc4lypse

*Date and Time (approx) November-ish 2011 in a Suburban area in Central/North Central New Jersey.
I'm not giving the exact location because well.. I live there and the last thing I want is attention.

*---Experience---

Its hard to know if the date was 2011 or 2010 because I went through a lot of emotional problems from 2009 till now, but I'm definite it was in November or late October. Some of them I believe may have been inflicted on me on purpose to make my words un-accountable for or just not believable. I'll explain my experience / Encounter first and then after I'll explain my ongoing emotional issues.

It was late around 11 pm or so in mid/early winter. I went outside to have a cigarette as I often do, and it was a clear night so instead of lighting up right away I was looking at the stars. I had always been fascinated by them and space, and always wanted to since I knew what space was, to go into space by any means necessary, I was even mentally open to meeting Extra Terrestrials (As I'm sure they prefer to be called). The term Alien seems too offensive based on how our media/entertainment portrays them while they do not deny there are "unfriendly" species out there.

Anyway I personally have always seen things moving between the stars... sort of like meteorite trails connecting them, on some nights its more prevalent than others. This night was however different. As I looked at the stars, one of these "mirage like meteorite trails" grew brighter, and brighter, and before I knew it my eyes were following what looked like a shooting star, that was traveling from star to star all around the western hemisphere of the sky and then some. Eventually it came out of near where the Andromeda Galaxy is located in November where I am and grew larger and larger in more now a Southern mostly Westernly location from where I was standing... I had been walking towards the end of our driveway onto the road as this happened. Almost as if it was calling me to some place and I could do nothing else... As this blue light grew larger it finally got to a point where it was hovering almost over me I think but the rest I'm not sure of. Like I don't know if it stopped directly above me, or if it hovered above the woods near my house and I walked to it, I'm unsure of...

But, It was like a Large Triangular craft flying in the sky with Blue orbs of light at each corner and connected by blueish laser lights, making a triangular shape...

The rest I don't recall clearly but what did happen next was, (unfortunately i was too awstruck to even check my cellphone if i even had it on me the time or what not like if time froze or sped up or anything i have no idea...) So, the next thing I know, I'm pacing in the roadway like 20-30 feet from where I last remembered walking towards this triangle in the sky... the sky is completely dark just stars now and I'm smoking a cigarette I don't even remember lighting...

I was sober also... nothing to drink, no hallucinogens.... just a cigarette that my subconscious must have lit and 20-30 feet of "lost space" between when I saw it and when I came back looking at the ground smoking my cig...

To this day I still don't know, but I have a funny feeling that they took me and showed me some things and then put me back.

I could go on about some things, but I wouldn't know for certain and it would just be speculation.

I do have a drawing of this "trangle craft" if anyone wants to see it... but I warn you its not exactly something worth looking at on paper... haha its a triangle floating above the trees... but like thats what it was lol.... maybe these ET's have a sense of humor or something idk....

Anyway Thats my story... I've also been hospitalized multiple times and diagnosed with schitzoaective disorder which is why I only ever really told like 3 people about this. The thing is I think they did this on purpose to make my account for what I saw not too believable as I think I saw but im not sure if its just a dream at this point or part of my imagination or if they seeded my mind with these ideas or what...

Its related to there being a hostile species that wants our planet to themselves... They apparently use CO2 which is linked to a huge conspiracy to keep us polluting our atmosphere so they can have a secondary home or something...

Also... just curious... where can I go to get an un-biased hyptnotherapy type session done to recover what happened after they blacked me out. I believe they do this without any chemicals, they literally manipulate space time so its like ur asleep and dreaming or something like that... then they can get you to move walk or go anywhere they want you to.

Anyways... feel free to move this into its own thread... or even make fun of me because I have mental health issues wgich i dont even think are there really... they were put there by aliens-human hybrids on our planet to make it so people wont listen to a word i have to say. then again that just makes me sound like a paranoid schitzophrenic... so whatever.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I mostly just want some direction on where to go to try and get my lost time back....

I also lost time a few other key times in my life also, and even experienced time freezing.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 04:32 PM
link   
There is a craft on the bottom left! cropped and edited on my htc using picsart. filter chimera

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 08:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickyjohn
There is a craft on the bottom left! cropped and edited on my htc using picsart. filter chimera

Excellent find. It has a circular look, but that could just be the pixels at that distance I guess.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 10:41 PM
link   
There were unexplained loud booms in the sky throughout northeastern PA today. Nothing actually sighted as far as I know.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 10:41 PM
link   

That thing looked like it just went against the laws of physics. Lmao.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: bobo9390

Aren't there a lot of military training exercises usually going on in the Pennsylvania area?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join