It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible ship hijacking?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol
Reports of second ship in the area also sending a distress signal.

I'm watching Moldova TV now, I will see if they report anything.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   
LOL... Feed us so that we may continue with our ISIS invasion! You cant make this stuff up! Spit coffee on my PC.

I got my 16oz soda and off to cross the Mojave Desert.
edit on 30-12-2014 by ttropia because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   
This story got so strange.
So fast. And on page one of the OP.
Not sure which is sticking at the moment.

Sure as heck didn't leave Moldova for better prosperity in Greece?
Yes an impending invasion is the only answer if that's where they originated..

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: WarminIndy

originally posted by: Soloprotocol
Reports of second ship in the area also sending a distress signal.

I'm watching Moldova TV now, I will see if they report anything.

This Moldovan tv channel is showing an American tv show...and a lot of commercials.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   
hosted.ap.org...

so now it seems they are headed to Italy, this keeps getting stranger

A coast guard official said the Greek frigate had contacted the cargo ship's captain, who said the ship wasn't in any danger and wasn't requesting any assistance. The ship headed toward Italy.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I am now watching Alto Adije Italian News
and so far I haven't seen it, but I just clicked on it. They seem to be showing news.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Then in that case. I'll recant my comment for the moment.
So no conflict in Moldova.

And still not buying the 700 ISIS making a call saying they need water and blankets. That would ruin a surprise attack.
Back to what versacroe said.

So how long before it arrives in Italy?
Curiouser and curiouser ..

A reply to: Thishereguy
edit on 30-12-2014 by Bigburgh because: reply didnt show

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

hosted.ap.org...

ATHENS, Greece (AP) -- Italian authorities are sending two helicopters to meet a cargo ship believed to be carrying hundreds of migrants after a passenger sent a distress call earlier in the day when the ship was off Greece. Air force spokesman Capt. Stefano Testa said Tuesday the Moldovan-flagged Blue Sky M ship was about 20 miles (30 kilometers) off Santa Maria di Leuca, on the southernmost tip of the "heel" of boot-shaped Italy. Port officials in Bari said the teams were landing on the ship as a precaution to see if there were any problems on board and ensure the situation was under control. Greek authorities had scrambled a navy frigate and helicopter after a passenger called emergency services when the ship was near Corfu. The ship continued on its own toward Italy.

looks to be soon.by the updated report.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: thishereguy

Thanks..
The link didn't crash on me this time.
I was completely unaware of the passage made by immigrants on a what's seems usual practice.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   

yeah, but why would they carry these people with little to no food,and why would one of them make a distress call and not the captain of the ship?

that's why i'm following this closely, none of it makes sense to me. i'm just weird that way, lol .

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: thishereguy

yeah, but why would they carry these people with little to no food,and why would one of them make a distress call and not the captain of the ship?

that's why i'm following this closely, none of it makes sense to me. i'm just weird that way, lol .

It seems this is not an isolated event, it happened in January. Moldova Ship 2014

700 people, crews of Syrians and Egyptians, distress signal...this could just be a regular occurrence.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Like another said.
They did not prepare.
They got a free trip to a new world.
Lack of preparations constituted an emergency.
If the trip takes 2 days longer than the last time someone had water.
That is deadly..

But I too will be watching this.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I wouldn't be surprised if the Italian Authorities sent them back. This happens way too often. They must be getting real peeed off with it.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   
never mind

edit on 30-12-2014 by thishereguy because: broken links

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Possible hijacking

Roy Paul, programme director at the Maritime Piracy Humanitarian Response Centre, told Channel 4 News that this was unlike any case he has heard of and could be a hijacking

the ship seems to have made an unscheduled change of direction

www.marinetraffic.com... ais/home/centerx:19.34506/centery:39.79202/zoom:8/mmsi:214180618/shipid:148213

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   
so what happned? , media blackout is in full swing

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   
took awhile to find anymore on this

www.telegraph.co.uk... ml

Three coastguard officials landed from one of the helicopters, but there were no reports of encounters with armed men. Officers suspect the ship may have been abandoned by people smugglers, and was advancing towards the coast on autopilot.

The Italian navy estimates the ship is carrying around 600 migrants. On Tuesday night, the coastguard officials were assessing whether the Blue Sky M was able to navigate safely.

edit on 30-12-2014 by thishereguy because: (no reason given)

arrgg the link won't go but it's at The Telegraph
edit on 30-12-2014 by thishereguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: thishereguy
took awhile to find anymore on this

www.telegraph.co.uk... ml

Three coastguard officials landed from one of the helicopters, but there were no reports of encounters with armed men. Officers suspect the ship may have been abandoned by people smugglers, and was advancing towards the coast on autopilot.

The Italian navy estimates the ship is carrying around 600 migrants. On Tuesday night, the coastguard officials were assessing whether the Blue Sky M was able to navigate safely.

so the italians and the res of the eu countries will let them carry on there journey tho calais then uk as usual, remember this...www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   
www.independent.co.uk...

Text

A cargo ship carrying hundreds of migrants had been abandoned by the crew and put it on course to be wrecked on the Italian coast before it was rescued. Almost 1,000 migrants, possibly Syrian and Kurdish refugees, were taken off the Blue Sky M to safety overnight after coast guards moored it in Gallipoli. More than 100 people had to be treated for hypothermia. The Italian coast guard said 970 migrants were on board the ship, mostly believed to be Syrians fleeing the country's ongoing civil war and the advance of Isis.

the aftermath of the story.

Gilberto Busti told the BBC World Service he believed the passengers could be Syrian and Kurdish refugees and said they were taken away in coaches.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join