It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret Nazi nuclear bunker discovered in Austria

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 01:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phatdamage
Wouldn't it be funny if they found a working version of the Bell inside, and a note saying '2nd Bell borrowed to some American chap'

I think they made sure everything pertaining to the alleged Bell was removed to south america

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 02:01 AM
link   
The bomb could also be deployed as a naval asset.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 02:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1
I am not too sure if that technology really exist or how good it might work . Remember that Israel was surprised at the tunnel systems they found in Gaza with their last incursions . a reply to: Xeven

Except.... Israel with that tech also failed horribly at telling the difference between sewage drains and Hamas tunnels reporting a very much larger number of tunnels than what is actually true.

The Israelis are all a bunch of inhuman liars and toturers

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 06:53 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyingFox

Correct they were developing the first ballistic missile submarines as well and the horten brother's were developing a intercontinental bomber capable of reaching new york or washington.

Still we were ahead of them and had the war dragged out it would have been berlin that got nuked first.

The British research team were actually leading the race about a year ahead of the American's and 18 months ahead of the Germans, when the yank's entered the war the British researcher's and resources were moved to the state's and put under the heading of openheimer therefore the Atom bomb was not an american invention but a joint allied invention even though history remember Openheimer as the father of the A bomb but then that should really be Albert Einstein who theorized it in the first place.

The British were ahead in Jet engine's but not airframe's having had one since the early 1930's though the poo poo's at the air ministery were so thick they ignored frank whittles invention until they heard about the me262.
Ahead in Radar technology able to fool the german radio direction finding so that they dropped there bomb's on open countryside instead of city's.
Ahead in optical camoflauge.
Ahead in computer technology (Bletchley park the world's first true electronic computer).
Ahead in maritime technology using degausing to render german magnetic mine's useless etc.

So what did the germans get right.

Swept wing air frame's.
Wire guided anti ship missiles (We shot the test plane down after it successfully sank a troop ship and suppressed the information about the loss so the germans did not know that this war changing invention that could have reversed the battle of the atlantic as late and 44 was a success.
Plan's for beam based weapon's though none were actually developed.
Hypersonic rocket weapon's like the V2.
The STG 44 the world's first assault rifle that entered the war too late to make a change but impacted the eastern front even in limited number's slowing the Russians down despite it's typical german over engineering and poor field reliability.
The war was a race and we were just ahead of them after Hitler stopped bombing the RAF, indeed had he continued to bomb the RAF air field's we would have lost as the Germans were on the verge of attaining air superiority but through misdirection we had convinced them that the RAF was about ten time's larger than it was so operation sea lion the invasion of Britain was put on hold indefinitely as Hitler wanted to concentrate on his ill thought out operation barbarossa.

To coin an old soldier, we survived by the grace of god alone as the nazi's more or less had us.

edit on 1-1-2015 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767
...but then that should really be Albert Einstein who theorized it in the first place.

He actually had diddly to do with the nuclear weapon development. He was off doing something else at the time.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam

...but then that should really be Albert Einstein who theorized it in the first place.

He actually had diddly to do with the nuclear weapon development. He was off doing something else at the time.
Yes he is not the one to come up with e=mc2.
Something else meaning eldridge?

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

Actually the nuclear physics was based on his work E=mc2, other physicists expanded on his theory but it was einstein whom postulated the immense energy that could be released by splitting the atom and yes he did work on the philedelphia project which as you know was ostensibly to use magnetic field's to block radar but they got something much much more with story's of sailor's half in and out of deck plating when the ship rematerialized (it was never supposed to dematerialize or rather phase as it did), the cover up included placeing survivors into mental hospitals.
It is possible that the US Eldridge experiment was more important than the manhattan project but one get's the feeling the physicists including einstein were not really certain what they had achieved.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Actually the nuclear physics was based on his work E=mc2..

Actually, the physics of nuclear weapons was based on several peoples' work, but if you had to put a finger on one person, it would likely be Leo Szilard.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: NOTurTypical

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: NOTurTypical

There was no such thing as guided weapons in WWII. Trying to hit London would have taken an aircraft.

V2 and V1 were able to hit London, not accurately but still managed it

You dot need to accurate with a nuke.

Did you see how huge the 1st generation nukes were? There was no rocket on earth that could carry that payload to London from Germany.

you do realize that the nuclear carrying missiles, and even manned spacecraft for both the US AND Russia were derived both from German missile technology AND German rocket scientists? both the Russians and Americans both actively ought to capture and take any German technology and those that designed and worked with it. in fact the same Von Braun that worked to develop both the US's intermediate range ballistic missiles (IRBM), and chief architect of the Saturn V launch vehicle, the super-booster that propelled the Apollo spacecraft to the Moon, AND was director of the US's Marshall Space Flight Center. was the exact same Von Braun that was the central figure of NAZI Germany's rocket program. so even if Germany didn't have any currant rockets able to carry a nuke, it is not far fetched that they could have designed (if designs didn't already exist and/or being worked on already) a rocket that could carry one.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Thank's for that I will look him up, I do know though that openheimer would likely have been in third place especially as the american nuclear program was the last one to get off the ground, it was the first to finish because of not only british but other european scientists who had fled the nazi's and escaped to america were they helped in the manhatten project but britain was actually ahead of the Nazi's - though realisticaly that estimate is only based on the little we know and much nazi research was either destroyed or else like Generik points out taken by both the US under operation Paperclip (including nazi war criminals such as werner von braun who was whitewashed and turned into an american hero) and the Russians who were perhaps a little less gentle with there human aquisition's.

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Wow... I'm living rather close to this place and for me it's really exciting when things like these are discovered in Austria... and I think it's kind of funny that I only learned about this on ATS now... and not in local media

Maybe I will visit St. Georgen and have a look what's going on there! But as many of of you already said, it will probably not be allowed to enter the base... and I don't know if I really wanna go in there... as long as there may be rotten corpses inside

EDIT: after a quick search I found some articles in austrian and german media, stating that Sultzer's work was stopped by the police and that there will be an investigation team from an institute in Graz, which wants to investigate this case scientifically. There was also a photo of one of the helmets Sultzer found in the base. I thought this may be of interest for you...

edit on 2.1.2015 by Tiyana because: additional info

edit on 2.1.2015 by Tiyana because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join