It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret Nazi nuclear bunker discovered in Austria

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky

I'd swear I've played that level before.

Cool video

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: NOTurTypical

There was no such thing as guided weapons in WWII. Trying to hit London would have taken an aircraft.

V2 and V1 were able to hit London, not accurately but still managed it

You dot need to accurate with a nuke.
edit on 30-12-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

There was no such thing as guided weapons in WWII. Trying to hit London would have taken an aircraft.

V2 and V1 were able to hit London, not accurately but still managed it

You dot need to accurate with a nuke.

Did you see how huge the 1st generation nukes were? There was no rocket on earth that could carry that payload to London from Germany.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: daaskapital
One of my many ww2 books mentioned the rumour that the krauts developed atomic bombs before the US, and tested them on this one soviet division that was mysteriously wiped out. It would have been far lower yield than the american ones. But the whole thing is speculation.

They certainly had the ability and were creating heavy water for the very use, until it was foiled by Operation Gunnerside.

Ive been told stories by soldiers of what they found seeming to be experiments on people in (deliberately) flooded basement areas, who knows what else we'll discover. Remember that one German mayor who received anonymous death threats after discovering one such underground facility?

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Did you see how huge the 1st generation nukes were? There was no rocket on earth that could carry that payload to London from Germany.

No but it would not have been hard to make one. In fact that was always one of Von Braun boasts that he would make any size rocket.

The difficulty would be finding the resources.
edit on 30-12-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: NOTurTypical

en.wikipedia.org... they had a few although they were in their infancy

Anti-ship missiles were used operationally against allied shipping in 1943, notably in the Mediterranean Sea, guided by the Funkgerät FuG 203 Kehl series of MCLOS radio guidance systems aboard the deploying aircraft: Fritz X armored, anti-ship PGM Henschel Hs 293 air-to-ship boosted gliding guided bomb
anti ship missiles were used via radio guidance but nothing like our satellite guided bombs of today

en.wikipedia.org... primitive air-air/air to ground wire guided missile ,never deployed but they were working on it

www.1jma.dk... interesting article on some of the programs they worked on regarding guidance
www.tfcbooks.com...

and as a final note while not as prevalent as the japanese the germans did have a few "guided weapons" that they intented to deploy in ramming/suicide attacks if necessary and would have relied on a live pilot to guide them to their target
www.worldcrunch.com...

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: RalagaNarHallas

I can halfway believe something very crude and in it's infancy, but I don't see how it could be guided without satellites or computer chips. And especially any rockets with the capabilities of carrying the 1st generation nukes. Does anyone know how much Fat Man and Little Boy weighed off hand? They were HUGE, not like the warheads on today's ICBMs.

edit on 30-12-2014 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
Pretty amazing discovery and impressive bit of sleuthing on the discoverer's part. I would be interested to hear if they find a lot of art down there. There are so many still missing masterpieces from that time that it would be a virtual priceless mine of amazing pieces should any of them have been stored in this tunnel system.

Göring was in charge of the area and was caught trying to move looted art at the end of the war.
Maybe you were thinking of the abandoned salt mine in Austria (Steinberg, established in 1319)?

www.salzwelten.at...

This might prove false the romanticized notion that Hitler kept all this priceless artwork hanging out in the open on the walls of Neuschwanstein castle. Perhaps the art was in fact safely hidden away in a climate controlled escrow?
edit on 30-12-2014 by Cauliflower because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 07:39 PM
link   

a reply to: RalagaNarHallas

I can halfway believe something very crude and in it's infancy, but I don't see how it could be guided without satellites or computer chips. And especially any rockets with the capabilities of carrying the 1st generation nukes. Does anyone know how much Fat Man and Little Boy weighed off hand? They were HUGE, not like the warheads on today's ICBMs.

Doesn't need to be guided, just good math with trajectory and speed...

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 09:05 PM
link   
a reply to: WP4YT

I was saying it needed to be guided if they wanted to hit London specifically. Now if they kinda wanted to hit somewhere in the UK, okay I'll buy that. Still need an enormous rocket to carry the 1st generation nukes though.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 04:23 AM
link   

They probably would never even attempt it , the V2 was highly unreliable , they launched dozens and a lot of them exploded because the fuselage was to weak to handle the high velocity , so i can imagine them not wanting to nuke themself from the launchpad if they would have developed nuclear weapons.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 08:45 AM
link   

is it just my cynicism run amok - or does this entire tail have a stench of bovine excremental biomass ?

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

I'm still waiting for anyone to produce any concrete evidence that's what it was used for. Or if it is any more real than, say, Al Capone's Vault.

Given it's a "filmmaker", I would expect it to be something on the order of a nuclear Blair Witch project.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Wouldn't it be funny if they found a working version of the Bell inside, and a note saying '2nd Bell borrowed to some American chap'

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheGreazel

They probably would never even attempt it , the V2 was highly unreliable , they launched dozens and a lot of them exploded because the fuselage was to weak to handle the high velocity , so i can imagine them not wanting to nuke themself from the launchpad if they would have developed nuclear weapons.

I agree, I don't see it feasible whatsoever with WW II-era rockets. That's kinda why I was saying that even if they did build the bomb, by that time in the war, I don't think they had the aircraft capabilities to deliver it to London or Moscow.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   
The old I. G. Farben building in Frankfurt has five (5) basement levels. Most are all bricked up.
The former 95th Army Hospital has multiple basement levels, also all bricked up.
The backside of Fleigahorst Kacern has multiple deep bunkers full of water.

Same in Japan...a lot of old places...

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   

The V2 weak fuselage was sorted before they went into full production.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Ridhya
They are alleged to have used a tactical nuclear weapons on the opening day of the battle of kursk.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Phatdamage
Don't think so,I'm sure Allen Dulles and Kammler left nothing

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Ha Ha, they just find this bunker but are so convinced that Hitler was killed. Yeah I am not so convinced now lol. I am shocked they just now found this.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join