It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nasa scientist has created a warp drive in his garage and demonstrated it

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 11:10 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Ooooooo! I see what you did there!

Actually, I have to admit, that popped into my head too while reading the article. Thunderstorms - Natural Warp bubbles - missing airliners....

Good one!

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Not hard to imagine how it may work. Building it is another story. Magnetism for movement. He said power was a problem. My solution. Building it is yet another problem. Lots of this on the moon. Helium-3 (He-3) is a light, non-radioactive isotope of helium with two protons and one neutron. It is rare on Earth, and it is sought for use in nuclear fusion research.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Ahhh my dry humor over the pond friend an AK-47 is the WW2 jeep of armaments and in the right hands it can be your friend.. Warp drive in a garage ... you may have a point but maybe, just maybe, it is better there than same richly funded alphabet agency who would never let the thing be known to all but the few, No?

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 11:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: eriktheawful

Actually, I have to admit, that popped into my head too while reading the article. Thunderstorms - Natural Warp bubbles - missing airliners....

Good one!

Well its all conjecture.

Nothing is proven yet Im just throwing stuff out there.

Still so many navigation errors and anomolys out there, something must explain them. So many theroys and random natural warp bubbles no more crazy than other idea floated.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Hey, I won't sit here and say "Nope! You're wrong!"

Like I said: the idea popped into my head too while I was reading the article.

I wouldn't worry about him squeezing the solar system though. He most likely only has a 200 to 400 amp breaker panel in his garage.

Heh.

You were talking about "crazy" earlier? I sometimes wonder if one of the reasons we have so much "crazy" down here on our little ball of rock is because of "cabin fever". If getting us out there would help with that.

Just throwing it out there too.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 11:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky

Ahhh my dry humor over the pond friend an AK-47 is the WW2 jeep of armaments and in the right hands it can be your friend.. Warp drive in a garage ... you may have a point but maybe, just maybe, it is better there than same richly funded alphabet agency who would never let the thing be known to all but the few, No?

I dont know.

Only a few trusted people may be the right thing at the moment.

Im sure you would not want the US to publish exact intructions on how to make a H bomb and would blow a nut if the UK
Or china posted a how too online for every crazy to see.

A warp had the potential to cause maginitudes more damage than the tsar bomb.

The idea goes that as a warp bubble travels it picks up debries that get destroyed but the energy clings to the bubble
If the bubble breaks that energy is then flung forward as a intense burst of em radiation. Not just a little bit either but on a long enough journy enough to turn a whole planet into toast.

Such a device I would not want to fall into certain hands like nukes.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Hey, I won't sit here and say "Nope! You're wrong!"

Like I said: the idea popped into my head too while I was reading the article.

I wouldn't worry about him squeezing the solar system though. He most likely only has a 200 to 400 amp breaker panel in his garage.

Heh.

You were talking about "crazy" earlier? I sometimes wonder if one of the reasons we have so much "crazy" down here on our little ball of rock is because of "cabin fever". If getting us out there would help with that.

Just throwing it out there too.

Its not him im worried about

Imagine north korea with something like that or your typical crazy islamic fanatic.

Maybe spreading out would help.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Great thread S&F...I am highly interested in this subject as to recently reading articles about NASA's theoretical warp drive ship...

What boggles my mind, that Humans will travel the stars, before Intelligent Life visits Earth? Seems to fit too perfectly with the line of thought the past viewed Earth as the center of the Universe.

1. The government deny's the existence of UFO's

2. NASA deny's photoshopping their photo's, or encountering any UFO/Intelligent or Alien Life

3. Ancient Astronaut Theory is constantly attacked as nonsensical.

4. Alien Abductions are constantly attacked as nonsensical.

Now we are going to:

1. Discover a civilization on an exo-planet

2. Communicate with them

3. Travel to them

Or will we travel covertly? What would we actually do? Are Humans the most advanced beings in this area of the Universe? Is that how our future or destiny will pan out? We will colonized the Galaxy? How can we be the most intelligent and powerful? What are the odds of that? Is there a name for this paradox? Seems strange if this turns out to be true. There has to be some other friendly or unfriendly Intelligent Life out there in the Universe in our time of existence. I feel like there is more of a possibility for multiple alien civilizations traveling our Galaxy at any given time (relative to our existence), than there not being any, as they are all extinct or are yet to evolve.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Heres another thought.

That EM drive that NASA says seems to work but has no idea why.

Wonder if thats has related anomaly to this?

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Well, if what he's theorizing is correct, then it would take a very large amount of power to do a serious amount of damage.

If in fact thunderstorms are able to create them (making a BIG assumption here on my part), they do so with out too much harm that we can see (and you're talking about a LOT of energy in a single thunderstorm).

Building a nuke would be easier (IMHO).

I have a feeling that even if this works the way he's suggesting, we still run into the energy issue.

If I remember right (and as old as I'm getting, I may be remembering wrong here), even nuclear fission/fusion energy release is not enough. You need something approaching total energy conversion (hence the matter/antimatter idea).

Of course, THAT idea is actually the scary part for me. Anyone that figures out how to make antimatter in large amounts cheaply.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 11:44 PM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

That is a fair point.

Guess we need to see how it pans out.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Reports of ball lighting doing strange things like traverling through solid walls and detonating in front rooms, again would be intresting explanation.

I have seen some odd ball "lighting" myself.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 12:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
Reports of ball lighting doing strange things like traverling through solid walls and detonating in front rooms, again would be intresting explanation.

I have seen some odd ball "lighting" myself.

But that is just "hearsay" without video evidence. Just because you "saw" it, doesn't mean you "saw" anything.
Just kidding, guy

Seriously, too many "scientists say" and not enough jetpacks and rocket cars!!!

+4 more 
posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 12:09 AM
link   
a reply to: NiZZiM

I remember telling my wife a couple of years ago that the future breakthroughs in science will be largely accomplished by shade-tree mechanics and professors in their garages. The scientific community has always been a deliberately methodical and slow-moving beast of an institution and it has served us all well. Unfortunately, the time has come in our evolution where the current structure and system we have in place to attain funding and recognition is holding us back. This means people like this fella in the garage are going to be what pushes us forward.

I'm willing to bet that the first person to discover the key to anti-gravity will be a guy in overalls and a southern accent. Or maybe some recluse in rural Africa. We have so much accessibility to cheap tech and information these days that the average intelligent person with enough time on their hands can create and invent with the same aptitude as many top-tier engineers and scientists.

Free energy? I'm pretty sure a highschooler will invent it. Cure for cancer? Probably a stay-at-home mom who dropped out of college.

What this guy is doing is exciting and should inspire people.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 12:43 AM
link   
a reply to: game over man

Or we find an exo planet with an extraterrestrial civilization and "liberate" it just like what we did in Iraq, Afghanistan and Libya.

With a warp drive I can see ourselves becoming a militaristic empire a la Star Wars.
edit on 30-12-2014 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Wow this sounds cool! Just think if this technology could be used by everyone in our civilizations on earth for free! Honeybooboo could see the rest of the Milky Way galaxy and be back in time for her next interview!

Seriously I think this kind of tech could really help our civilization advance in every sector and should be developed rather than shelved. I would love some warp speed shoes that let me go anywhere with a thought and allowed me to quantum tunnel through things like Bukaroo Banzai!

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Always wondered if the key to FTL maybe so simple, that we actually are over looking it.

A Forest/Tree thing.

Let's assume UFOs are real. There are some ebooks and papers about the supposed FTL drives UFOs use.
They seem indeed not "too complicated", some alleged UFOs seem really nothing more than a half-sphere over a giant electric magnet. Some alleged UFOs are not larger than a tiny car, drive included and everything : )

The problem seems to be (knowing about) the physics behind it, the concept, not so much implementing it.

(Differently: Compare your average "UFO" to any random fantasy space ship from the movies, like the Enterprise : ) To me it looks UFOs are so simple...as if some hypothetical aliens have them in their garage and take trips with them in the same way as we do when we take a ride to the a store on the corner. Those are NOT spaceships built for interstellar travel as we understand it. This (simplicity) actually WOULD make sense if we realize that a FTL drive means that the craft, the UFO, itself is not "moving" in a physical sense, it is bending space. The craft experiences no acceleration forces etc., there is no tons of rocket fuel burmned. From that point of view a hypothetical UFO could be extremely simple). I mean, a flashlight is also simple...but 100 years ago it was like magic : )
edit on 12/30/2014 by NoRulesAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 01:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
No problems either with the link.

Anyway big claims need big varification.

I hate to say this too, i really hate myself.

But if it s true (not likely) then I hope it gets classfied cause something like thats too dangrous for gennral human use.

doesn't that depend though? I Think it depends on if any of the speed applies after the warp is turned off. most warp drive schemes do not work that way. if the speed cannot be used to propel an object at relativistic speed in real space then i see no problem from it. otherwise yeah. you'd have an atomic bomb sized weapon of mass destruction without the need for the infrastructure and resources of a nation to do it.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 01:49 AM
link   
antigravity would probably be dangerous for that reason. instant relativisitic impact bomb. in the hands of over a billion madmen.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Good one!
there is actually a web page by what would be termed a fringer about natural warps of that mature that cites missing aircraft or incidents of anomolous time passage experienced by pilots.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join