It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Devil

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

originally posted by: vethumanbeing
What is the big deal with the Devil?

Have you ever had an encounter with a demon? I have. More than once. It's a big deal.

I can say such irreverent things as I have encountered that entity many times in my trials (not numbed to it yet continue to be fascinated by its trickery). It has yet to win a single paring with me in battle. I hesitate to speak of this ugly thing (give it any credence/recognition). It is 'unclean' and needs to pay some attention to its personal hygiene. Tell me more; I am interested (point to a direction).
edit on 6-1-2015 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

What is the big deal with the Devil?

Have you ever had an encounter with a demon? I have. More than once. It's a big deal.

I can say such irreverent things as I have encountered that entity many times in my trials (not numbed to it but fascinated by its trickery) IT HAS NOT WON A SINGLE PARING. I hesitate to speak of this ugly thing (give it any credence). Tell me more; I am interested (point).

I have seen two people possessed. Others say impossible, but what I saw, there's no other explanation.

It isn't something found only in third world countries full of superstitions.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: WarminIndy
a reply to: windword

Show me the evidence of teenage boys having to be married.

Arranged marriages are an Asian concept, that is all.

Sigh, this is the last time I'll address this issue in this thread, as it's off topic.

23. Steven M. Lowenstein Professor of Jewish History

“The next great life cycle event in Jewish life after the bar Mirzvah is marriage. In most traditional societies (Jewish and Non-Jewish), marriages were arranged between families, with only the most perfunctory consultation with the couple to-be, and often involved complex financial arrangements such as dowries and trousseaus. In the middle ages the age at marriage seems to have been around puberty throughout the Jewish world….”
discover-the-truth.com...

edit on 6-1-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: backcase
a reply to: vethumanbeing

Well Jesus had to deal with the Devil, and by his dealings he taught us to deal with the Devil. By saying 'get thee behind me, Satan!'

So do us all (not to outshine Master Jesus here) same efforts to thwart if you know what your dealing with; a ridiculous manipulative destroyer being that wants total control. What say you to the many non-Christians in this audience (Jesus saves?).

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   
originally posted by: WarminIndy
originally posted by: veteranhumanbeing

WarminIndy: I have seen two people possessed. Others say impossible, but what I saw, there's no other explanation.
It isn't something found only in third world countries full of superstitions.

I have seen family members become so, pick the weakest link in your heart (that which is loved) and attack them to get at you. Its insidious; a very low blow (cannot use that tactic anymore as I am on to it, recognize it immediately).

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 04:45 PM
link   

God did not create the Devil, He created the angel. The angel is by no means on the level that God is on, but the Devil fooled himself, being blinded by his own pride he said to himself, I am like God.

I do not believe that the Devil is the opposite of God, although the word used in the thread is the anti Christ, I believe that St. Michael the Archangel illustrated their relationship well when he said "who is like God?".

Exactly; Lucifer is not on a 'human level' and yes has an enormous egocentric personality. But are we not all of God as components of? I can see where there would be confusion; Lucifer thinks mankind should possess freewill is all. This is not a terrible concept (very progressive actually). As an arch/angel/angle; are demons, or Satan its bald headed step children offspring and did this get out hand?

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 05:31 PM
link   

I believe it is God that wants our free will, without out there would be no merit for man. There would be no great love in that Mary said yes to become the Mother of the man God born to die.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 05:45 PM
link   

I believe it is God that wants our free will, without out there would be no merit for man. There would be no great love in that Mary said yes to become the Mother of the man God born to die.

God always gets the last laugh or word as It created everything and all eventual outcomes.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Ooh, that's dark man, lol.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Ooh, that's dark man, lol.

Its a very complicated being, unique in that in the creation of the human it learns from us what it is (we mirror it). We are both used/ utilized by this non-specific force in order for it to KNOW ITSELF/DEFINE what it is; as we are its reflection. At the same time knows all outcomes, or purpose and allows for the flub ups. It is almost as if God is watching itself evolve; playing a chess game with itself.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Why are things always repeating themself then? Is this god forgetful?

I mean, I understand, but it's a flawed idea, because then it would mean that God is in error as we are in error. God would be no more powerful than a weak man, not to say that he did not take on this weakness, but this is not His nature as it is ours.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 01:26 AM
link   

I mean, I understand, but it's a flawed idea, because then it would mean that God is in error as we are in error. God would be no more powerful than a weak man, not to say that he did not take on this weakness, but this is not His nature as it is ours.

God is not us and God is not one of us. That's the big huge secret (well, not so secret). Stop limiting God to your "human level" perspective.

By the way, what is this terminology anyway? "Human level" "God level"? There is God and there are humans. No amount of thinking about it will ever make someone God. No one "ascends" levels, they might think they do, but at the end of the day, they are still human beings.

Remember, what goes up, must come down, so if you ascend, you can always descend. Inevitable. Tell me, on these threads and throughout history, who, except Jesus Christ, ever ascended to a higher level? Jesus was born that way, no one else ever was. Buddha wandered around a lot, begging for food while claiming to reach something, but he died under a tree. He didn't even apologize to his wife and child for abandoning them while wandering around begging for food.

When you die, you either go to be with God or go not to be with God. Humans will never through their own efforts reach anything else. No matter how hard they try, no matter how much they study, no matter how much they think about it, at the end of the day they go to sleep in the same condition and wake up in the same condition.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 04:37 AM
link   
a reply to: WarminIndy

Yes, I agree with you. I understand that we are not God and that Christ is no ordinary man but God incarnate.

The idea that I was aiming to get across was just that. My view Gnosticism is that it is a train of thought that is on a sliding scale, one side being an average human Jesus Christ, the other being average man deified.

God is nowhere near that scale except in the man's good works for his fellow man, which are always done in the name of the Lord.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 06:21 PM
link   

a reply to: veteranhumanbeing

Not forgetful; just using the human to tell itself who it is (we are in control) as we are its definition point. Of course its not perfect; this is a work in progress.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Yes, I agree with you. I understand that we are not God and that Christ is no ordinary man but God incarnate.

The idea that I was aiming to get across was just that. My view Gnosticism is that it is a train of thought that is on a sliding scale, one side being an average human Jesus Christ, the other being average man deified.

God is nowhere near that scale except in the man's good works for his fellow man, which are always done in the name of the Lord.

We are just as valid as Jesus; as we are also "God Incarnates" (just lacking in formalized instruction) as to why we are here and what our purpose is. It is to be a mirror. You do not realize 'god' has Asperger's syndrome/is bi-polar/is an ADHD CHILD let loose to create without objective parenting or discipline (NO RULES APPLY).
edit on 7-1-2015 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Forgive me for the way I quote your words, I'd rather do this than go through a headache.

"just using the human to tell itself who it is (we are in control) as we are its definition point. Of course its not perfect" - VHB

So are you saying that God does not know itself? That would mean that God has no control and that we(the reckless, vacillating, unstable) are the ones put in charge of Him Who created us. That does not make sense to me. Maybe if you meant to say that God is the Father Who lives and learns through THE Son in a symbiotic and complete existence of PERFECT love.

I cannot see imperfection in God, and I refuse to say that man is God for that reason.

"We are just as valid as Jesus; as we are also "God Incarnates" (just lacking in formalized instruction) as to why we are here and what our purpose is."" -VHB

I do not think the parenthesis are necessary here, a comma would be better. To get to the point, I would like to know if you ignore Jesus' most intimate words about His Being, His death, and His Glory. Prophets have never pointed to themselves as being the 'way, the Truth, and the Life'. I have never heard of a mystic telling people that he will give them 'living water', which will extinguish their thirst. I do not see buddha, nor mohammed, nor any other 'god', open their arms up and let their hands be nailed to a cross in a way that says 'Come to Me! This is what your soul seeks. Your hunger his for this broken Body, and your thirst is for this blood which I shed for you out of love. All else is poison, all else tastes bitter! This only is pure, this only is Love. It is I for whom you seek from within the depths of your heart.'

"It is to be a mirror. You do not realize 'god' has Asperger's syndrome/is bi-polar/is an ADHD CHILD let loose to create without objective parenting or discipline (NO RULES APPLY)." - VHB

Do you really believe this?

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 10:39 PM
link   

And your good works, are they enough?

How much good can you do in the name of Lord? Really, gnosticism seems to be about your own idea of thinking how good you look in your own eyes and doing things you think is good and somehow you receive some kind of knowledge.

As the Bible says, "I must decrease that He may increase". In other words, forget about you, forget about your intellect, forget about your ego, forget about your knowledge because your knowledge is so far vastly inferior to God that you will never get remotely close to being like God in knowledge and wisdom.

See, the true understanding is accepting that you do not understand and knowing that you do not know. You can read a billion lines in a book and never really know what the author was thinking. That's because you aren't the author.

See, that's what gnosticism seems to me, trying to achieve godlike knowledge, with a human mind.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 10:42 PM
link   

We are just as valid as Jesus; as we are also "God Incarnates" (just lacking in formalized instruction) as to why we are here and what our purpose is. It is to be a mirror. You do not realize 'god' has Asperger's syndrome/is bi-polar/is an ADHD CHILD let loose to create without objective parenting or discipline (NO RULES APPLY).

How are you just a valid as Jesus?

Can you tell me what qualities that you possess that make you like Jesus?

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 10:58 PM
link   

"How much good can you do in the name of Lord? Really, gnosticism seems to be about your own idea of thinking how good you look in your own eyes and doing things you think is good and somehow you receive some kind of knowledge." -WI

I can't reply to this sentence. It lacks coherence.

" As the Bible says, "I must decrease that He may increase". In other words, forget about you, forget about your intellect, forget about your ego, forget about your knowledge because your knowledge is so far vastly inferior to God that you will never get remotely close to being like God in knowledge and wisdom. "

I agree that God is the main priority. I can still have the love of wisdom that God has placed within my heart though. All the gifts that God has given me have been given for a reason, that I may use them. Why not use my intellect to know God?

"See, the true understanding is accepting that you do not understand and knowing that you do not know. You can read a billion lines in a book and never really know what the author was thinking. That's because you aren't the author. "

Then how do you come to any conclusions in the bible at all? How am I or anyone supposed to believe your words on the bible as valid and true if you just betrayed yourself basically said that all interpretations and insights to God are untrue? I think it would be better to say that the Author is to be the goal. The Author is the one that is to be asked for interpretation.

The gifts of God are not wrong to practice and use justly. Be grateful for the gifts God gave you, and show it by giving glory to Him through those gifts.
edit on 113131p://333 by backcase because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: veteranhumanbeing

backcase: Forgive me for the way I quote your words, I'd rather do this than go through a headache.

"just using the human to tell itself who it is (we are in control) as we are its definition point. Of course its not perfect" - VHB
So are you saying that God does not know itself?

That is what I am saying; it is a binary field of 1s and 1s (information gathering only) that has force and so being can organize itself and create. We are not that far from doing this ourselves; mimicking it.

backcase: That would mean that God has no control and that we(the reckless, vacillating, unstable) are the ones put in charge of Him Who created us. That does not make sense to me. Maybe if you meant to say that God is the Father Who lives and learns through THE Son in a symbiotic and complete existence of PERFECT love.

God HAS control over the positive and negative as the system IT designed is self aware and anything non productive to its existence will cease to exist. We humans the feckless are just experiments as are the eco systems of this planet/impact upon. The fact we humans have created an incredible feast of information (good/bad) brilliant minds that have explained itself is of benefit that is Gods graciousness most EVIDENT. Think of us as its children left to define it (and not the absent parent we are seeking).

backcase: I cannot see imperfection in God, and I refuse to say that man is God for that reason.

"We are just as valid as Jesus; as we are also "God Incarnates" (just lacking in formalized instruction) as to why we are here and what our purpose is."" -VHB

I do not think the parenthesis are necessary here, a comma would be better. To get to the point, I would like to know if you ignore Jesus' most intimate words about His Being, His death, and His Glory. Prophets have never pointed to themselves as being the 'way, the Truth, and the Life'. I have never heard of a mystic telling people that he will give them 'living water', which will extinguish their thirst. I do not see buddha, nor mohammed, nor any other 'god', open their arms up and let their hands be nailed to a cross in a way that says 'Come to Me! This is what your soul seeks. Your hunger his for this broken Body, and your thirst is for this blood which I shed for you out of love. All else is poison, all else tastes bitter! This only is pure, this only is Love. It is I for whom you seek from within the depths of your heart.'

My problem would be the necessity of it. If all were in Gnosis (as we should be); there would be no reason for the dramatics.

backcase: "It is to be a mirror. You do not realize 'god' has Asperger's syndrome/is bi-polar/is an ADHD CHILD let loose to create without objective parenting or discipline (NO RULES APPLY)." - VHB
Do you really believe this?

Yes, and there is a reason I have no doubts about this.
edit on 8-1-2015 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join