It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Devil

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: OpinionatedB
a reply to: akushla99

HE came to me and told me this was HIS truth. I believe HIM. If another God ever comes to me I will let you know, but this one saved my life, twice, and showed me heaven, once in person, and gave me HIS Holy Spirit who is with me continually.

I am clear. And I have spoken all I need to speak. Enjoy your freewill, as I do so enjoy mine!

No-one (least of all moi) is assailing you (certainly no devil)...enjoy your creation...

HNY

Å99

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: akushla99

I did not think you were. Nice speaking to you.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 09:28 PM
link   
a reply to: backcase

I am curious if you have any comments on my previous post or not.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 09:34 PM
link   
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

The soul is something different than the body. It has a different nature than the body. Its nature is different in that the soul is immortal. Once born, the soul does not die, but to grace.

Do you understand or do you wish that I speak further on the subject?

EDIT:

I am sorry for not answering you by the way. Your post deserved reply more than many I have read, I am now sorry I skipped yours
edit on 093131p://333 by backcase because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 09:45 PM
link   

I wish to speak further on the subject!

To be honest I don't understand how your reply is a response to my post.

(It was a lengthy post.)

Perhaps it was meant as a quick rebuttal to annihilationism?

At any rate, the first verse I posted clearly implies the soul is not immortal:

Do not fear those who kill the body but are unable to kill the soul; but rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell. Mathew 10:28

Once born, the soul does not die, but to grace.

Do you mean once born again?

I am sorry for not answering you by the way. Your post deserved reply more than many I have read, I am now sorry I skipped yours

No problem. Not only am I an atheist but sometimes I come off a little stronger than intended. Sometimes my posts get no responses because of those things. I just assumed that's what happened here. No biggie either way.
edit on 12-31-2014 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Well the soul is the part of man that is made in the Image of God. It has a purpose, a destiny, if you will. If that destiny is not sought after we will be mock after by what we sought.

Remember how Jesus said that man does not live on bread alone? Our souls need life too, and without the Word of God which has become bread for man, man becomes tormented by a hunger that is not from his stomach. That hunger is fierce too. Plus, if there were no hell, and souls were not immortal, why does satan still live, and why do demons still live.

These beings condemn to hell are the angels who rebelled, dead to grace because they chose themselves over the source of Life. I'll get back to you tomorrow if you wish to speak further.
edit on 103131p://333 by backcase because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 11:42 PM
link   
originally posted by: akushla99
originally posted by: WarminIndy
originally posted by: CagliostroTheGreat
a reply to: WarminIndy

all those gods are the same God then why all the in-fighting? Why, if Muslims and Christians worship the same God, do they constantly seem to want to kill each other? Will I still be burning in hell if I choose not to worship this God?

Perhaps we are burning now by being caught up in this crazy place.

VHB: I thought we all volunteered for this mission/hell on earth/we the experimental humans live on the ONLY experimental planet ever existed.
Same God created us all; why the infighting of the subspecie indeed?

Waminindy: That idea is not in my religious world view.
Why would we voluntarily volunteer for crappy lives? Were we stupid?

Acushla99: Kinda looks that way...doesn't it? Definitely AS stupid as 'believing' a curtailed version of Almightiness - that would credit the creation for the ministrations for the less-than-default setting of an imperfect system created by an Almighty being...who (it is shouted) would allow the level of imperfection encompassed by a renegade character left unchecked...that logic springs direct from the mind of man...i.e. Could never be a hallmark of Almightiness...and the obvious question resulting from this way of arranging the process always remains...How almighty do you believe the Almighty IS, if it cannot - or will not (for the sake of ITS own creation) *poof* the renegade faction into oblivion? (And/or retain the components of a perfected system 'that I created to reflect the perfected love I so 'desire' in the most perfected way').
A spanner in the spokes, indeed...badly concieved, badly executed and less than a little fault-free...

Å99

Both ideas should thwart the original bad idea that butts heads; (render it useless/incomplete). Imperfection is allowed as crazy as that is, because it allows for growth in that chaos/imperfection to improve itself. Perfection has no meaning; as is perfect and not able to be improved upon. There is a method to the madness and as you say A99; lies within the process of discrimination, determinism to change SOMETHING. I desire all things perfect; not going to happen as the dark and light battle it out is the causative for true change (its the energy emitted; random chaos that forces something to organise).
edit on 31-12-2014 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 11:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: WakeUpBeer

No problem. Not only am I an atheist but sometimes I come off a little stronger than intended. Sometimes my posts get no responses because of those things. I just assumed that's what happened here. No biggie either way.

WELL; you are enough in belief of SOMETHING resonating enough to be antagonistic toward it; (therein lies a pure passion of disagreement/hatred/confusion). Congratulations, at least you have a belief system.
edit on 31-12-2014 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Better not skip my posts; as are Important infomercials disguised as 'something may be relevant here'.

edit on 1-1-2015 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 12:11 AM
link   
a reply to: vethumanbeing

eh, I don't bother with them to be honest. I can't take you seriously, you're just not my type

I'll get to them in the morning, I'm tired and not thinking so clearly, goodnight.

peace.
edit on 123131p://444 by backcase because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 12:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: backcase

eh, I don't bother with them to be honest. I can't take you seriously, you're just not my type

I'll get to them in the morning, I'm tired and not thinking so clearly, goodnight.
peace.

Not your type (that sounds discriminatory) and you don't even know me.
edit on 1-1-2015 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 12:56 AM
link   

lol.. well you must admit, you are often combative for the fun of it!
That certainly cannot be everyone's type!

edit on 1-1-2015 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: backcase
I'll get back to you tomorrow if you wish to speak further.

I'm willing to speak for as long as you are.

Feel free to continue addressing my post.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Plus, if there were no hell, and souls were not immortal, why does satan still live, and why do demons still live.

IF you can move beyond the point of insults and slander, and realise that people have different views and opinions then yourself... I would like to know of any evidence that such beings exist

And "the bible says so" is not a valid answer

IF on the other hand you prefer to hold a grudge... disregard my question

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon
yes there are many opinions but only one truths

basically you are asking for everyone to respect lies
edit on 1-1-2015 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 06:51 PM
link   

I hold no grudges, and I am always the first person to say sorry, but I will not give that to you because I meant all of what I said and I believe all of it to be true. And I did not insult you, stop being so dramatic, I'm just very frank and do not dance around what I'm trying to say.

I will answer you though "I would like to know of any evidence that such beings exist"

First I will mention that there were many occurrences in the gospel where the devil played a part and where demons were in the bodies of individuals and cast out by Jesus Christ, the Son of the Living God.

Secondly, I will state that there have been many cases where the Catholic church had to interfere in people's lives and cast demons out of them. I will also mention, because I see the retort coming, that they do in the situation what Jesus did to the best of their modern capabilities and understanding.

Saints made saints by the Holy Catholic Church talk about seeing demons. Look at Michelangelo's painting of St. Anthony's torment.

Lastly, I will say that I have been tormented by them, and that I have seen hell.

This is where we to can begin our conversation.
edit on 063131p://444 by backcase because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 06:55 PM
link   

I actually find that my speaking upon your posts would be unrelated. Feel free to private message me if you want to speak to me.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 07:03 PM
link   

I have also seen demons - if you would like to say two huge dragon-like creatures are demonic. HE showed me what was over Islam. Two great beasts, or dragon-like creatures. Huge in size. One was over Shia Islam, the other over sunni Islam. One represented Muhammad, and one represented Ali. Knowing this, was just a certain knowledge when I saw them.

I could also feel their power.. they did seem very powerful. I could feel it emanating from them. But because Jesus was with me, they were powerless against me. They could not hurt me.

Size wise, they were huge, I walked into the place where they were, and was nearly close enough to touch. The top of my head, at my height of 5 feet 8 inches tall, did not come to the ankle of the one I was closest to.

They exist. Demons exist. Their are spirits over things, some spirits are bad indeed.

edit on 1-1-2015 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: OpinionatedB

Every time I have seen them I was able to cast them out with the name of Jesus. Boy, that makes them pissed.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick
yes there are many opinions but only one truths

basically you are asking for everyone to respect lies

Im not asking anyone to respect lies...

IF I have lied call me on it... by all means...

What you people don't seem to understand is that what I say is truth to me, and I have never been proven otherwise...

point out what you call lies... or prove yourself to be one...

I will gladly address such accusations...

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join