It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Devil

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: CagliostroTheGreat

God came in the flesh of man that we may know not only Who He is, but that we may be able to know Who He is. Before Christ we were not able, notice that man even changed his calender according to Christ.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

I love reading his works, but I definitely do not retain or understand all that he says.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: backcase

Okay cool story but you didn't answer my question. What makes your God more ontologically concrete than any of the others? Is Eris real?

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Wow, tough thread.

I'm just wondering why it bothered people so much that the guy posted about Satan. He didn't go too far to proselytize, IMHO.

It's as if ...

The minions of Satan have awoken and are defending him in this thread!!

Lmao

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 09:35 PM
link   

This is why I do not go down the religious road.

They will tell you that Satan was an angle who could not get along with God and was cast out of heaven. Right?

Well if so why would he create a place where HIS followers are punished in Hell FIRE for all eternity?

Ok so God creates such a place, Humm I do not wish to follow a God that would punish you this way for just following the other side. As that seams to be what the religious are telling you all the time.

The fact is that MAN created both GOD and SATAN for his own purpose and that was Money and Power. Still is, nothing changes.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 09:37 PM
link   

God's name is YHWH meaning 'I Am'.

Your eris, is not.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 09:46 PM
link   

I am too, does that make me God? All I have to do is say, I am. How do you know Eris isn't real? I see evidence of entropy every day. Eris is real to me, yet I do not feel the need to make everyone else a disciple of my goddess (she has enough as it is), why do you feel the need to indoctrinate others into your faith? I could care less if you are Muslim, Christian, Pastafarian or a follower of the Great Olde One (do you even know who he is?) it's none of my business really. I just don't like it when humans try and condemn my soul to imaginary torture worlds, dig?

So unless you repent your ways and disembrace the yoke of the boring Greyface you will certainly spend eternity in THUD.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: MAC269

Hell has to do with the choice of man to wander away from God. He is able to do so, and usually is willing because it is at first pleasurable. Then one day they wake up in chains and fetters as slaves to their beloved sin, now held over their head by the devil as a mockery of their choice.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Once again I will say that punishment for sin is not imaginary, read my last above post for a small elucidation of what hell is.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 09:51 PM
link   

1- The Holy Name of Jesus - For every knee will bow to the Name of Jesus, on and under the earth!

If we are to place such importance on the "name" of Jesus, we have to at least get his name right. The Levantines would not have known the name Jesus, but would have been familiar with Yehoshua, Yeshua, or Yeshu.

Also, according to Matthew 7:21-23, the utterance or belief in his name is not a key to Heaven:

“Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.

Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?’

Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’

2- The Invocation of the Blood of Christ - for without the shedding of blood there is no remission of sin.

As mentioned in Matthew 7 above, invocation is of little consequence. Jesus mentioned that the Kingdom of Heaven is the result of action, by mentioning the one who; "does the will of the father," and those who are "evildoers."

We are responsible for our own actions, there is no scapegoat:

"Now he that planteth and he that watereth are one: and every man shall receive his own reward according to his own labour."
(1 Corinthians 3:8)

"The fathers shall not be put to death for the children, neither shall the children be put to death for the fathers: every man shall be put to death for his own sin."
(Deuteronomy 24:16)

"But every one shall die for his own iniquity: every man that eateth the sour grape, his teeth shall be set on edge."
(Jeremiah 31:30)

"The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him."
(Ezekiel 18:20)

"Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap. For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting. And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not."
(Galatians 6:7-9)

Children are not saturated in Sin, because Jesus said;

"But Jesus said, Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven."
(Matthew 19:14)

3- Devotion to the Blessed Mother - For She has crushed the head of the serpent beneath Her heel!

If Mary defeated Satan, we have nothing to worry about

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 09:59 PM
link   
If you have no consciousness of that being you named (ignore it) it has no power to actually manifest in your life. I disallow the contemplation of; so poof!! it does not exist (probably not a good idea anyway as I hear this is not a positive/progressive thinking entity/helpmate to the human experience; more a boomerang negative banana peel slip).

edit on 29-12-2014 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Sahabi

They brought out the big guns!

My claims are all rooted in scripture, yours are too, but they differ in interpretation. I do not wish to go through all the scripture and elucidate my interpretation as compared to yours.

I will say though, that these weapons are very strong. They came down from heaven and enable us to abide safely in the will of God. Do not worry so much about being 'scripturally correct', for that is the letter of the law and not the Spirit of the Law. Abide always in the Spirit to know what it is that God wills, thus you will know personally, and not based on words, but on the Word; on the Essence.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: vethumanbeing

My conscience is evidence of God, and if I ignore my conscience I get anxiety, fear, sleeplessness, etc.

God is my Peace and I accept that, therefore my conscience screams I move away from God.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 10:08 PM
link   

The only sins I have ever committed are lying and the one about not believing in your God. If its is all real like you say and your God sends me to hell for those small transgressions then he/it is one twisted dude. Push come to shove if the above should come to fruition and I end up in hell for lying and blaspheming I am sure Satan is a reasonable man. Surely he should be plotting a new rebellion and if what Christians say is true, that's a whole lotta dead sinners in Satan's army. So if you are indeed correct, perhaps our immortal souls shall one day meet in a glorious battle!

I don't think that's what will happen though. I prefer any myriad of deities to your yhwh. He seems an utterly despicable entity.

I, however, wish your immortal soul, if indeed, there is such a thing, nothing but the utmost peace and tranquility for eons to come, despite your theological choices.

Kallisti my friend

edit on Cpm10Monday1120154631Mon, 29 Dec 2014 22:11:46 -06002015 by CagliostroTheGreat because: cannot abide a typo

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 10:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: backcase
a reply to: veteranhumanbeing

My conscience is evidence of God, and if I ignore my conscience I get anxiety, fear, sleeplessness, etc.

God is my Peace and I accept that, therefore my conscience screams I move away from God.

So then; you understand God created Satan in ITS infinite wisdom (as what; a joke, a trial). Your peace exists within your being why not be quiet for a moment and listen to the voices of your higher self trying to speak to you (hopefully not in Latin, or pig English).

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Its nice of you to reply, however I work with Catholic Priests every day and your answer to my logical conclusions are as poor as theirs.

My conclusion to this is the religious in general have NO ANSWER to common logic.

Don’t get me wrong I envy those who can blindly follow religious doctrine, as it would be nice to be so sure of everything, even certain of eternal peace.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 10:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: backcase

God came in the flesh of man that we may know not only Who He is, but that we may be able to know Who He is. Before Christ we were not able, notice that man even changed his calender according to Christ.

I don't know about your experiences; but my very vocal 'back and forth dialogs' with God are hilarious (I am the one with the raised voice). Being in Christ Consciousness (awareness) had nothing to do with this because I have a bone to pick (crying FOUL).

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 10:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: MAC269

Its nice of you to reply, however I work with Catholic Priests every day and your answer to my logical conclusions are as poor as theirs.
My conclusion to this is the religious in general have NO ANSWER to common logic.
Don’t get me wrong I envy those who can blindly follow religious doctrine, as it would nice to be so sure of everything, even certain of eternal peace.

You realize you are contributing to the Religion Faith and Theology forum index? Apologies to all others who might mistake themselves similarly.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 10:51 PM
link   
You had me in the OP all the way until Blessed Mother. Obviously you are Catholic and I choose to not worship statues.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 11:03 PM
link   
I like fishing. But I don't like trolling.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join