It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Devil

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 08:13 PM
link   
The Antichrist is to be anti-cross,
for the Devil is he who hates discipline.

The Devil appeared to Jesus in the desert,
and he appeared again in St. Peter,
and Jesus spoke the same words when being tempted away from His Cross:

Get thee behind me Satan!

Why was it that a beloved apostle,
the one of whom the church was to be built upon,
called 'Satan?'

Look back to when Jesus said it the first time.
He said it in reply to all manner of things the world could offer.
Shortcuts leading away from the Cross,
was the offer.

Peter also said to take the glory,
but leave the Cross,
And for that he was called 'Satan.'

As you all should know, Peter repented.
He repented many times,
being a rugged and impetuous fisherman.

I see many not repenting of the same mistake but glorifying it!
Willingly taking in the spirit of the Antichrist!

If you reject the Cross you reject Christ!
Know that this is the truth!

Before we sin, Jesus forbids it,
man seeks his freedom and notices the ability to rebel.
The Devil takes the side of the man and says: 'Free will is thine! Do what thou wilt and be without guilt!"

After we sin where is Jesus? Where is the Devil?

Jesus bid you come back to Him
and the Devil calls you condemned!

The Devil coaxes you to despair,
and Jesus bids you repent and be forgiven!

Do not listen to those who say 'there is no sin',
for they are lying.

Arm yourself with these weapons against evil and against temptation:

1- The Holy Name of Jesus - For every knee will bow to the Name of Jesus, on and under the earth!
2- The Invocation of the Blood of Christ - for without the shedding of blood there is no remission of sin.
3- Devotion to the Blessed Mother - For She has crushed the head of the serpent beneath Her heel!

Love the Cross, because that is the straight way to Heaven and away from Satan.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 08:24 PM
link   
why should anyone feel guilty for their nature? Mankind is rebellious and subservient. Religion can be a lead box for your brain sold as a sail boat sometimes. I don't think ATS was built to be a digital church, I find posts like this very silly, because I don't get the point of it. What are you trying to sell me?

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

The Lord. You get God in exchange for your life.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: backcase

If you reject the Cross you reject Christ! Know that this is the truth!

I'm fully aware of this fact. I have made a fully conscious decision to reject your Christ. I don't believe he ever actually existed in the capacity that the Bible would have us believe.

You should turn and repent your unholy boredom for Eris Kallisti Discordia is the true architect of our world. Just kidding, that crazy goddess can't even get the coffee order right but I love her just the same. You should too, Eris doesn't mind when we color outside the lines, dig?

See what I did there?

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 08:33 PM
link   

why should anyone feel guilty for their nature? Mankind is rebellious and subservient. Religion can be a lead box for your brain sold as a sail boat sometimes. I don't think ATS was built to be a digital church, I find posts like this very silly, because I don't get the point of it. What are you trying to sell me?

And if you don't take god in exchange for your life. Just remember...

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I think soliciting the ATS community with your Religion is against the T&Cs & even so I don't think people appreciate the "accept Jesus or suffer hellfire" routine...

I've seen it in thread posts...

I've never seen a thread based on that premise.

You're probably a wonderful person...
But I think it's poor form to be honest.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Whats the point? God creates angels including the devil. God creates man and everything else. God makes man choose between what man has to fight, kill, eat and destroy in front of mans very eyes to be told that man has to be sorry for because God was **cking with him? To be honest, if I was religious I would have to say that Man and the Devil have alot in common, both were created by God however, Man and Devil both rebel, God can't rebel God created everything. I don't understand. Don't get me wrong, I am not trying to insult you, I just never "get" posts like this and often find many of the themes very silly. I was once told if I talked to God I'd get it, I even tried sincerely even, I never got it.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: backcase

Sounds like a zonk to me, no deal. If I'm wrong may (your) God smite me where I stand!

Don't worry, I'm sure he is cooking something up.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

That's a really cute meme lol it actually looks alot like my little sister and I am not joking its a spitting image.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Some background into religion would be good for you. Knowing what the teachings of the Abrahamic faiths are, knowing what things are like souls, angels, demons, evil, good, the commandments. The list goes on and it would be great to start with St. Thomas Aquinas if you are interested. He was a very logical man full of reason, you would immediately understand that statement by reading any few paragraphs of his. One gets the idea while reading his work that this man does not err in words and in philosophy.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 09:00 PM
link   
It's the boogeyman. As per your childish superstitions.

Do as the church says or the big bad supernatural omnipotent entity will get you.

Oooh. We better get to church quick to keep the scary devil away, better sleep with all the lights on too. That might help.

Yes it would be fun if Satan was real, but just because he's made up doesn't mean you have to stop believing in him and following his made up work. Think of him as like Santa Claus, very cool but eventually you just have to grow up and face reality.

Control propaganda of great antiquity consisting of far fetched children's stories aimed at uneducated ignoramuses with the ultimate goal of scaring all the peasants into paying their taxes and rents on time. = The Bible.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 09:00 PM
link   

I used to have it rammed down my throat, I still don't buy it. I still don't get why this is ATS material, I still don't understand (I hope I'm not coining the term) this Digital crusade/ digital pilgrimage. Whats next, religious hackers that will deny me satanic games by shutting down my internet cause thats what posts like this feel like to me. I do wish you the best holiday season and respect you but I do not think I can continue in this thread.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 09:09 PM
link   
why is it most people who believe in god always have a great idea of what he/she wants and is up to? i mean if we are going for facts here...... the bible with all its contributions and i'm pretty sure on this one was written by man weather he was talking to the almighty god or not he wrote his own interpretations of events.

if i see a green car pass me at 60ks i would describe it as " a green car passing me at speed"

you might describe it as "a green car moving fast"

do you see the problem with translation here? well it is carried on in every aspect of life and while i admire your determination and strong belief. For me i need a little more your words can simply be interpreted a thousand different ways and offer no real proof.

what i can tell you from my experience is that god or not once you are conscious of yourself and your surroundings you know whats good and you know whats bad belief has nothing to do with it.

And as far as im concerned if there is a god as long as your a good person he would not give two shakes of a dogs balls weather you beleived in him or not. this whole belief thing makes me laugh what if i dont belief then it somehow angers him? maybe it makes him weaker? maybe you are worshipping lucifer all along

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Aquinas was a very intelligent and perceptive man, as well as a gifted writer. There are a few of his quotes I have always liked...

The truth of our faith becomes a matter of ridicule among the infidels if any Catholic, not gifted with the necessary scientific learning, presents as dogma what scientific scrutiny shows to be false.

The things that we love tell us what we are.

Beware of the person of one book.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 09:14 PM
link   

am I wrong in presuming these quotes are directed to me, lol. I'm a man of MANY books actually, Aquinas included.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Inventing our Gods I guess is can be a good thing. But inventing a devil because we couldn't invent a Great Enough God is a sad, sad thing. Ditch the devil and go with An Even Greater God.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Inventing a god is not a good thing actually. God and the devil are both very real.

The devil is the antichrist which aims to lead man away from the path that his soul is set for.

See man has an inner tension and that tension is between his body and his spirit. To follow either is to follow either God or the devil.
edit on 093131p://111 by backcase because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 09:26 PM
link   

The Antichrist is to be anti-cross,

Dang parallel lines!

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Eris is just as real! What makes your God any more real than any of the others (some of which pre-date your god)?

Or are you going to tell me Eris isn't real?

edit on Cpm9Monday2920153031Mon, 29 Dec 2014 21:29:30 -06002015 by CagliostroTheGreat because: eris deliver me from autocorrect

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 09:29 PM
link   

am I wrong in presuming these quotes are directed to me, lol. I'm a man of MANY books actually, Aquinas included.

Lol. No. Sorry if it seemed that way. Those are just a few quotes of his I've remembered. Though I had to go look them up to remember the exact wording. I remembered him from my days as a Xtian.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join