It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

7 Largest Corporations paying NEGATIVE Taxes!!! &%*#$!# Leeches!!!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   
lol @ the idiocy of mobs

Why in gods name would anyone want to advocate more taxation, especially of business? - so that we can do more large scale armed social services for the Kandahar Province?

Businesses are not people, despite what you've heard and they pay alot of taxes, why do they need to pay more? Business should pay 0 tax - it's personal income taxation that should be made fair - flat tax etc.

If your a manufacturer than the taxes on your goods are paid by the reseller, the jobs at your company all come with hefty personal income tax attachments

If your unfortunate to produce something of real value than you've got all kinds of other tax, like lawyer tax, regulation tax, government greed tax, "ecological tax", media tax, stock market tax (when your borrowing interest swings up as your stock goes down) and cost uncertainty tax (#becauseOPEC)

This whole tax debate seems to be drifting towards more taxation "to make it fair" instead of less taxation "to make it count".

more taxes/more government = less freedom, not more.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: amfirst1
a reply to: buster2010

US Corporations pay the highest taxes in the world. These guys are the ones that Democrats and some Republicans give exemptions to while everyone else pays higher taxes to compete at a disadvantage. Specifically these corporations back Democrats, so in return they eliminate other competition for them by claiming more regulations and taxes so everyone else lose.

I think you are confusing Democrats with Republicans. It is the Republicans that scream give the companies what they want and let's give the wealthy more tax breaks. Also do a little checking into who gets the most money from Wall Street you will it is the Republicans because Wall Street owns them.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue_Jay33
a reply to: Huggiesunrise

I enjoyed reading your post, very insightful, but please answer one question for me, why did Wesley Snipes go to jail ?

I think he tried to in real terms to implement what you speak of, and look what happened.

I think the better question is why did only wesley snipes go to jail? People are doing it the right way checks are being issued for correct "remittance" for all their money back. obviously Wesley used an argument and not the real law. Im speaking about the law and learning to follow it nothing more and nothing less.

I had to look into it myself. I believe in results following an "argument" validates said argument. but the slippery slope of arguing law is that while we are all human theres a color by law and theres statutes by law. In the realm of court you usually end up there when you've screwed up. Snipes definitely screwed up using a 861 argument. This stems from the pile of dead horses and grasping at straws the tax honesty movement has perpetually screwed itself over the years. There IS a right way. Its just like opening a can of snakes speaking about it in a private board where the owners prescribe to vary devout beliefs of what is kosher and what isnt.
edit on 31-12-2014 by Huggiesunrise because: Had to look up the snipes thing myself.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: circuitsports

Maybe you can answer my question. Who is going to pay for three wars without taxes? Who is going to pay for rescue missions for downed planes? Who is going to pay for the thousands of veterans with lifetime injuries and the obligation to their families? Who is going to pay for the next big financial bailout? Who is going to pay for border patrol? Who is going to pay to keep the roads in condition and the rivers dredged for commerce? Who is going to pay for floods, tornadoes, hurricanes state of emergencies?

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
So what about these LEECHES ?

46 Percent of Americans Exempt From Federal Income Tax in 2011

Some 76 million tax filers, or 46.4 percent of the total, will be exempt from federal income tax in 2011.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

Talk about GD false outrage.

False equivalence, and you're kind of ignorant as to who those people are:
Who are Mitt Romney's 47 percent? A breakdown

Why they don't pay:
—About half don't earn enough money for a household of their size to owe income tax. For example, a family of four earning less than $26,400 would owe no taxes using the standard exemptions and deductions.
—About 22 percent get tax breaks for senior citizens that offset their income.
—About 15 percent get tax breaks for the working poor or low-income parents.
—Almost 3 percent get tax breaks for college tuition or other education expenses.

So, 1/4 of those 46% (who don't pay federal income taxes) are senior citizens and students (11.5% of total). Is that OK?
About 1/2 of those 46% are near the federal poverty line or below it (~23% of total). Is that OK?
3/20 of those 46% are still poor enough to get tax breaks (6.9% of total). Is that OK?
If so, that's 9/10ths of the 46%, or 41.4% of the nation justifiably not paying income taxes. What about the last 10th - the other 4.6%?

Who they are:
—The vast majority have below-average earnings: Among all who don't owe, 9 out of 10 make $50,000 or less.
—But some of the wealthy escape taxes, including about 4,000 households earning more than $1 million a year

Ah. Perhaps these 4.6% are the leeches you are referring to:
The Rise of the HINTs–High Income, No Taxes

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

Workers already pay.

But many complain they can't scratch an itch because the two grocery bags they're carrying are too heavy.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

As i stated that's what personal income tax is for

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Well then. The common sense thing is for businesses and corporations to pay workers more, a big pay raise. The average tax payer has no way of hiding money. Then the workers can pay more income tax and relieve the rich of the burden. Like everyone else, if they make less money, they pay less taxes.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Corporations are people too my friend! -Mittens

Don't forget, they take in MASSIVE subsidies, for the duuumbest crap. This STEM girl push - subsidized, green energy crap,- subsidy , military vets - subsidy, every stupid little thing they push they get something for it. So that pushes that negative tax rate even further.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

As the spaniards say, usually while stroking their outlandish conquistador mustaches..."me cago en tus mueeertos" which means "I # on your dead"

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 04:46 PM
link   
originally posted by: Emeraldous

As the spaniards say, usually while stroking their outlandish conquistador mustaches..."me cago en tus mueeertos" which means "I # on your dead":devil
ETA:wait dead parents or ancestors not people you yourself killed...just sayin'
edit on 31-12-2014 by Emeraldous because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Corporations have income because people choose to buy what they make.

Purchases are votes. The only real voting is real life choosing, such as purchases.

Politics is non-producers taking money from producers. AKA Theft.

Taxes reduce profits, taxes are an expense, taxes make the end price higher.

All corporate taxes are paid by the consumer.

Don't buy products from corporations that you don't like. Vote against them.

edit on 31-12-2014 by Semicollegiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Let's get hacking these thieving b****rds and cause them some financial damage.

Pathetic aren't we really, letting it happen. We may not have much choice but there must be something we can do.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: McChillin

a group of people we elect , in order (ideally) to represent our interests make decisions,

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr

"I might be rich/strike-it-big/win-the-lottery someday"-syndrome seems to be quite loud at times.

edit on 4-1-2015 by NonsensicalUserName because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 07:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3

Maybe you can answer my question. Who is going to pay for three wars without taxes? Who is going to pay for rescue missions for downed planes? Who is going to pay for the thousands of veterans with lifetime injuries and the obligation to their families? Who is going to pay for the next big financial bailout? Who is going to pay for border patrol? Who is going to pay to keep the roads in condition and the rivers dredged for commerce? Who is going to pay for floods, tornadoes, hurricanes state of emergencies?

Oh for crying out loud, enough about the "three wars" already.

The Government made plenty of money before the income tax laws, and they actually lived within their means.

This analogy was used for the debt ceiling debate, but it applies here as well.

You live in a house that is flooding, the water is up to the halfway point, and you have two options. 1) get yourself out of the flood zone, and keep the house the same design. 2) Raise the ceiling to accommodate the rising water.

It's the same with taxes. More taxes are not what wee need, less tax, less war, less interference in our daily lives. Less regulation, less ANYTHING that interferes with our freedom.

The Government is like a teenager with a credit card. The higher the limit you give them, the more they will spend.

Again, the Government made enough money to do everything it needed to, before income tax was enacted. Ever since they got away with that, they've taxed our every move since. Freeway taxes, gas taxes, sales taxes, cigarette taxes, property taxes, death taxes, inheritance taxes, etc. We are taxed for most everything we want to do!

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 07:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

First, the problem is politicians using the tax code to dole out favors. If the companies are following the tax code, then your beef is with the politicians who set the tax laws. A simpler and fairer flat tax with no deductions and loop holes is needed, but it will never happen because then your favorite political hack could not pay off their lobbyist. Second, corporations generally do not pay taxes. Taxes are passed through to consumers in the prices that you pay for goods and services. Raising taxes on corporations does nothing to help the little guy. In fact, it hurts a lot of us average Joes because the taxes that are being collected are being taken by the government instead of returned to the shareholders. Your 401k, pension, or other retirement benefits are negatively affected.

Note, I am not arguing that government shouldn't collect any taxes, but this constant screeching about how much taxes corporations pay is just petty class warfare.

This. A flat, simple tax would be much better. The purpose of taxation should be to fund the legitimate roles of government, not to support ideas and individuals in favor of the politicians at the moment nor to create "social justice" and not encourage or discourage behavior. As long as people want the tax code to be so manipulative, there will be this abuse.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: poncho1982

'"h for crying out loud, enough about the "three wars" already."

NO. There are three wars we are in. The first two brought our economy down. Bush got a 3am call from Wall Street in 08 and was told they did not want to pay for wars. You believe that BS that taxes is the problem.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Well, they are using the same tax code that every other business has access to.

But, them being negative in tax is pretty sad.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join