It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

7 Largest Corporations paying NEGATIVE Taxes!!! &%*#$!# Leeches!!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+32 more 
posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 07:07 PM
link   
I don't have much to say about this other than it pisses me off to no end. We all know this is happening and yet we all stand by like good slaves being sucked dry in every way possible while the largest Corporations on the planet don't just pay No taxes, they actually get paid with our tax dollars. Now there is some NLBS for ya!!

Just to be perfectly clear about my view on Income Taxes however. I think all Income Tax is BS. So while it's bad enough getting screwed into paying them, what makes it worse is having to pay them while others get away without having to even though they make more profit than anyone. That's some serious Double Penetration right there.....

Boeing Co, Ford Motor Co, Chevron Corp, Citigroup Inc, Verizon Communications Inc, JPMorgan Chase & Co and General Motors Co. — reported a tax rate of -2.5 percent despite claiming more than $74 billion in combined pre-tax profits.

They paid their chief executives an average of $17.3 million, according to the study by two Washington think tanks — the Institute for Policy Studies and the Center for Effective Government.

Seven of the 30 largest U.S. corporations paid their CEOs more last year than they paid in federal income taxes

Negative Tax Rates For The Biggest Companies That YOU Pay For

+51 more 
posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Be careful... Everyone knows that we didn't create that and that the job creators are Gods. You'd be safer, in these parts, blaming the homeless and poor for the depression/recession. Because Ayn Rand and Reagan say so.

Hopefully this thread will educate some folks on why Oligarchy does not work.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 07:15 PM
link   

+5 more 
posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

amazing isnt it the businesses should be paying a massive amount of tax and doing their bit to contribute ...and yet we hear people blame the little guy for leeching off the system...its a fools world where brainwashing rules supreme

+11 more 
posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide

Ha.....Let the haters hate all they want. Can't take any more away from me at this point. To quote star trek, "All I've got left are my Bones."

In all honesty if the Ayn Rand lovers and Capitalists out there know half as much as they claim, they would also be on my side about this. The reason these Corps can get away with this is because we don't have true Free Markets and Ayn Rand herself never in a million years would be in favor of our current system. This stuff happens because of Government Assistance for Corporations and Regulating real competition into the ground. A real Free Market wouldn't allow for this kind of Government Favor and hand outs to big business. Only Crony Capitalism does that.

+9 more 
posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 07:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
despicable.

in contrast ...
Slide Show of The 25 U.S. Corporations That Pay The Highest Taxes

Did you read the date on the link you posted? It's 2013 this is 2014. Also the article as usual whines how it's the high taxes in America that drives jobs overseas but never mention anything about how foreign investors have no problem opening up companies here in America. I guess the foreigners aren't as greedy as the Americans.

+2 more 
posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

You've got a point there. That's the other side of the crap sandwich right there. The rich blaming the poor for their problems!! Makes me want to rip the hearts out of every white collar "Business Man" and "Wall Street Banker" I see.

The super rich just love a good ol' pity party in their honor and it makes me sick every time it happens.

"We had to sell our Vacation home in the Hamptons because our employee's now get paid 50 cents more an hour."

Ya, cry me a river why don't ya!!! It must be tough livin' on a low 7 figure income rather than a high 7 figure one!! Oh the humanity!!

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 07:56 PM
link   
The whole idea, the whole concept of corporations paying taxes is bottom line completely absurd, and getting angry that some corporations manage to pay little or no taxes is even MORE absurd. What is heaven's name are you thinking? Do YOU (Yes, YOU, the ones complaining about this) ENJOY paying taxes?

Do you?

Because YOU are the one paying every cent, every nickel, every dime of taxes collected in the name of "corporate taxes." Your typical rhetoric of "corporations are greedy, blah, blah, blah, and it's UNFAIR that THEY skip out on taxes, blah, blah, blah COMPLETELY IGNORES the fact that it is YOU who pays them.

How do you think corporations account for taxes? They roll taxes into the prices of their items. And then you buy those items and a certain portion of the cost of those items accounts for corporate taxes. DUH!

Now, the plain truth is that every single employee of those corporations pays taxes on THEIR earnings, from the over-paid, greedy SOB who is the CEO down to the janitor. And every single shareholder who sells a share of said corporation pays FULL TAXES on any dividends received, so if the corporation pays their owners (their shareholders) a dividend, those recipients pay FULL TAXES on that money. And of they sell a share and manage to make some money off of it, they pay capital gains taxes on that money they have gained. But what of they sell at a loss? Does it work the other way around? Noooo! You can deduct $3000 a year, and carry it forward over the years until your loss is used up, but of it's a big loss, you'll never recoup the taxes paid on the money you used to make the investment on the first place. Never.

The fact is that every single dollar a company receives is taxed unless it is invested back into the company, which is a GOOD thing because it expands the company, expands jobs, and ultimately results in more people paying more taxes.

And, for the record, the United States has one of the HIGHEST corporate taxes in the world: 40%. (Global Average: 27%) Source

Now, just WHO pays no Federal taxes at all? About half the population. Here's a good article that is not from a conservative partisan group that waffles and whines and shows that things are complicated, oh, dear, but STILL admits about half pay no Federal taxes at all.

So about half of us pay no federal Taxes and have the gall to complain about corporations, who shouldn't be paying taxes at all and griping about the greed of the people who are actually paying their way,

and yours, too.

link   

I really hope this thread turns into a healthy debate.

I think there could be a ton of valuable information presented from each side.

It would be even better if you could all could do so in a civil manner.

Yeah,

I know....

link   

First, the problem is politicians using the tax code to dole out favors. If the companies are following the tax code, then your beef is with the politicians who set the tax laws. A simpler and fairer flat tax with no deductions and loop holes is needed, but it will never happen because then your favorite political hack could not pay off their lobbyist. Second, corporations generally do not pay taxes. Taxes are passed through to consumers in the prices that you pay for goods and services. Raising taxes on corporations does nothing to help the little guy. In fact, it hurts a lot of us average Joes because the taxes that are being collected are being taken by the government instead of returned to the shareholders. Your 401k, pension, or other retirement benefits are negatively affected.

Note, I am not arguing that government shouldn't collect any taxes, but this constant screeching about how much taxes corporations pay is just petty class warfare.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hefficide

Be careful... Everyone knows that we didn't create that and that the job creators are Gods. You'd be safer, in these parts, blaming the homeless and poor for the depression/recession. Because Ayn Rand and Reagan say so.

Hopefully this thread will educate some folks on why Oligarchy does not work.

Not sure I've ever done, this.. What to say.. Oops.

It's the Truth.

If you dam a river and you have a Giant lake of billions of gallons of water, and some other people are so thirsty they are begging and counting on water buckets being brought down from the lake... If the Dam is stealing water from those DOWNSTREAM.... You the Dam builder should be thankful that all they ask for is water buckets to drink from...

You were the ones who stopped the flow.
Retards.

And by retard I mean Rich people are SLOW.. Invest in the biggest returns.. Invest in making people poor.. Oh you'll get some returns on that one.. Good luck surviving.
edit on 29-12-2014 by KnightLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Then get rid of Capitalism.

Or at the very least. Make admendments to the consitution that Garentee things like Power Water Food And Housing to be publically Run and publically funded and publically owned by everyone who pays into the *Tax*.

Instead of just voting for people to *Run our country or something* (All they deal with is laws right)

We should have voting for all these things, Who Runs our food our water and our infrastructure.

This isn't democracy, What we are living in is a oligarchy owned by nobility who make their own laws and don't give a damn if we want them out of their office.

We should have REAL democracy. No single person should have full control over our vital resources.
This is the Real problem.
Is Capital privitization.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Yeah, the tax problems in this country have nothing to do with the fact that fewer than half of the population even pays income tax.

If only we could force the most successful and productive organizations to give us a huge chunk of annual earnings...I mean it's not like they could use that money to hire people or research amazing new products which could benefit all of mankind.

Waaaait a minute, what's this?
www.cnbc.com...
dailysignal.com...

Turns out corporations aren't living organisms; they're just groups of people working together to offer a profitable good or service. During my exhaustive research I also found that in the process of making a profit, corporations create something called a 'job.' I asked my fiscally conservative friend about the matter, and he informed me that when corporations lose money, they are forced to A) cut jobs, or B) increase prices.

When I asked my Progressive friend about the issue he just said, "Who needs a job anyways? Corporations r evil n stuff."
edit on 29-12-2014 by OpenMindedRealist because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

I don't buy the crap they sell, so I don't care if they roll their tax debt into their prices.

They use my infrastructure to do their business though, and that isn't cheep to maintain. Maybe it would be less expensive to maintain if corporations that use my infrastructure were paying their taxes.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 08:37 PM
link   
When a business takes a loss for the year, the business does not pay tax on its profits because it didn't make a profit.
The last ten years need to be looked at, not just one year.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 08:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: OpenMindedRealist
Yeah, the tax problems in this country have nothing to do with the fact that fewer than half of the population even pays income tax.

I didn't pay tax the last 2 years...
I worked full time.. I take no tax money in benefits.
I payed tax the year before that and it was something like 200 dollars I owed EXTRA, from what I already payed.

It's not livable.. This is your key to understanding.. They would make more people pay if more people had money to pay.. Put those other people on the hook and no debts will ever be repayed in the consumer market or anywhere else..

I know the line for a single person... You pay taxes after like $15,000 a year.. That's not a lot of money.. If you are living alone it's barely manageable and that's without a car or any debt, like student loans..

Minimum wage is nowhere close to 15,000 a year. so for instance working 40 hours a week at $7.50 all year.. That's 15,600... But you won't see that much.. Taxes are taken out no matter what.. And you don't see all of that back.

There are more people than you can imagine who make this kind of wage..
You want them to make up money out of thin air to pay debts??????
Only the rich do that. These people are eating on a budget.

I know.... I worked under the department of Homeland security using some of my military stuff. I made about that much money because I wasn't allowed to have over 30 hours..

People like this have NO taxes to pay...

Corporations always showing GROWTH in Multiple Billions profit.... That's a different story. Grab a billion right there at least.. Jesus #ing Christ.

Quit blocking the flow of money... The flow pools in giant corporations and doesn't trickle down. It doesn't get reinvested.. Ever know a poor person who has no money to not reinvest their money into liquidity???

It's an Artery.. Remove the Blockage.. Or we will have a heart attack soon.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: KnightLight

So you are entitled to all the benefits of a taxpayer, even though you pay no income tax. Do you believe that is acceptable or in any way fair? How about sustainable?

Collectivism solves everything -- until you run out of other people's money.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 08:49 PM
link   

a reply to: KnightLight

So you are entitled to all the benefits of a taxpayer, even though you pay no income tax. Do you believe that is acceptable or in any way fair? How about sustainable?

Collectivism solves everything -- until you run out of other people's money.

I pay as much as I can bud..

I don't have health care.. I don't have a car..

I can't afford such things..

So don't give me your bull# about benefits.

I'm also a Veteran.

I gave you analogies.. Where can you get water from if all the people have no water?? That's the REALIST option.
Don't be an idealist.

Just in case we are confused.. Let's remember what the thread is about.. Don't get it twisted from poor people not paying enough to walk on you rich peoples roads.. Let's remember the thread is about giant NON humans who make more money than I will in 1,000 years.. not paying taxes.

On point?
edit on 29-12-2014 by KnightLight because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 08:53 PM
link   

The old argument that the poor don't pay income taxes - without mentioning that they do pay every other sort of tax in the books... But let's ignore that fact because it does not fit the conservative narrative about bottom feeders and useless eaters.

Let's not even get into tax shelters and the plethora of other tax avoidance mechanisms that the super wealthy can exploit where the common working man cannot.

Oh and your friend, the one who talked about Corporations not beling living organisms? Tell him he might want to read The United States vs Citizens United.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 09:02 PM
link   

yeah man...money just brings out the worst in people and creates god like attitudes ....people with money look down on those that havent as lesser beings...pretty damn sad

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join