It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ALL MEMBERS: Important Notice On Creating Threads - STOP THE MADNESS!!!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I understand that people should definitely check the "new" section for breaking news to stop duplicates...
It's my go to button to be honest...

I'd definitely say that if it's an interesting topic that was discussed 2 years ago...
You could maybe fix the rubbish-ish search engine...
Bare in mind that what people are searching for might have a completely different title of it's not a Breaking News article.

I know the Mods have a busy job as it is...
But I've seen OP edits from Mods countless times, so I don't think it would add much to their work to edit such a disclaimer out of threads.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
Has anyone thought it might be code to identify members of the secret societies? Like, "I have been a lurker here…" posts in the intro threads.

Both simultaneously irk and puzzle me. its the puzzle part I want an answer to.

There's a different code for that.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 07:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified

Has anyone thought it might be code to identify members of the secret societies? Like, "I have been a lurker here…" posts in the intro threads.

The sound of a beer can cracking?

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Being there are tons of serious issues out there...
let me slip in this one
but without the intentional deflection that is hopefully sounding sincere by the thread-starters that S.O. is talking about

in this case:....would this be something Akin to....something is new again?

on 26 dec...I lingered on a channel that had WWE... and Hulk Hogan was strutten...

I Swear---- he wears a fake mustache... the dude is like 75... he gotta wear a biker rag over his bald head,
but that durn thick white lip hair is thicker than ever and looks likes Jack Van Imps helmet hairstyle (frozen-in-time)

see if you can get the video to work & look at his face...mustache & tell me its not a prop

tune.pk...

thanks for patience and openmindedness
edit on th31141990398829462015 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Now I want to start a thread like this...

I did not do a search to see if this has been posted before and I dare a mod to move it anywhere else!

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified

The sound of a beer can cracking?

Shhhhh! Now you've gone and said it. The cat...er...the beer is out of the bag.

On topic:
I think Disraeli hit the nail on the head...

I understand why people find the opening irritating, but I don't think it's laziness. I think it's "I'm afraid of doing the wrong thing" rejection anxiety. The same could be said of another popular opening, "This is my first thread". The writers need to muster the confidence that having a thread moved to a different forum or even closed as a duplicate won't count as a "black mark" against their names.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

As much as I do think it's sincere, it really needed to be said. lol

Grump on

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 09:13 PM
link   
OMG everybody. The mystery is over.There IS,,,,a Mrs. Overlord.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Why will Mrs. Overlord thank us?

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 11:36 PM
link   
For this of us who have put that disclaimer up front, myself included, and for those who appreciate the thought behind it, myself included, this kind of smacks of a big middle finger to posters... Many use it the same way I do -- when the busted search turns up nothing, but the topic may be popular regardless. And we've seen the search go toes up on a subject search many times for people, and we end up with multiple threads because of it.

Not complaining that you're complaining at all. Just a little hurt at the notion that I'm a lazy poster when I try to make sure it's not a double thread first, but still feel it's worth a CMA gesture just in case. Thanks...

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 11:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

I'll stop throwing things.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 11:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
Just a little hurt at the notion that I'm a lazy poster when I try to make sure it's not a double thread first, but still feel it's worth a CMA gesture just in case. Thanks...

I never implied it was lazy, just that if you feel so compelled that you must do it, put it at the end of your opening post.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 12:26 AM
link   
*claps*

Thank you. Now maybe people will focus on creating real attention grabbers.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Oops im guilty of that aswell! But certainly not because im lazy, just because i don't really trust the search function its let me down before with things i luckilly didnt post & duplicate, and i do check through the new threads that is just common sense especially if its a breaking news story, but yeah my bad.

(post by IsItSafe removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 06:01 AM
link   
a reply to: IsItSafe

Ahaha you cheeky little bugger

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 06:54 AM
link   
I almost started a thread a while back mentioning how annoying those "notes to mods" were at the tops of postings. It seems like a form of politeness but comes off a bit patronizing TBH. No need to tell mods how to do their job.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord

originally posted by: rickymouse

I'll stop throwing things.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Aha! Me too, SO, and I've indicated this on many a thread in the past. My reason? You don't have to ask a mod to move it. If it's in the wrong place, they will move with or without your suggestion or approval. ( I speak from experience.) So it's completely unnecessary.

My other irritating comment: "There's already a thread on this", and they give a link, and it is, alas THEY who have put up the first thread, and the second one is doing better than theirs.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 01:45 AM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

I don't know what thread this should go in. I searched but didn't find anything. Move it if it's in the wrong thread. All joking aside, I think it's a bit annoying, too but then I probably did it, too. You can hit me with your keyboard now lol.

I like your avatar, by the way. Young Frankenstein is a great movie.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join