It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jeb Bush surges to double-digit lead among 2016 GOP presidential contenders

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 08:54 PM
link   
I can't even begin to relate the insanity of GOP voters putting Jeb ahead of Rand in the primaries.
Welcome to absolute political suicide, and if Jeb gets into the white-house, forget about any semblance of sanity in American politics. That would truly be the final nail in the coffin of American democracy.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

I don't know how it works in Fla. But under Bush in Texas, things were pretty good.

Although, Bush didn't really do much. The the Lt Gov is where the power is in Texas.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I don't really hate Bush's policies, but he wouldn't be the worst leader. That said, I will probably leave the country if he's elected. I'll goto some European country where there's a real royal family and they've ceded power instead of this roundabout system where everything is unofficial and power is concentrated.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 11:04 PM
link   
The elections are #. You vote for the lesser of two evils. Guess what? They are all evil. I think it's human nature that everyone has a price. If you don't have a price, they will ruin you. It's over. The end.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 11:27 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Jeb actually lost his first attempt at governor of Florida to Lawton Chiles, the incumbent. I really can't say much negative about his governorship except the 2000 election debacle.

This is not much of a surprise to me. He will do well with the latino vote, that is pretty much a given. It will be interesting who will be his running mate.(In my opinion the GOP has already chosen him)

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 12:06 AM
link   
If Jeb is the next president, we're going to war. His family has a history on profiting from war. Prescott Bush on up! Scripted before I was even born. New World Order looks to be a little closer than I thought.

www.theguardian.com...

How does a man who is charged with Trading with the Enemy Act, get to have a dynasty of brood who all become presidents?

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 02:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: LOSTinAMERICA
If Jeb is the next president, we're going to war. His family has a history on profiting from war.

We've been at war, it never stopped.

How does a man who is charged with Trading with the Enemy Act, get to have a dynasty of brood who all become presidents?

Lots of money as well as his son helping kill Kennedy, and attempted to kill Reagan. Bush Sr did some real dirty things for that power.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Thing is, as horrible as many see the Bush years, republicans after that have just had crappy selections among the party. There isn't really any standout person. So as horrible as those years were, as seen by many, new Bush is seen as a safe fallback plan because he at least has some presidential quality....namely that his brother and dad were president.

Look at the McCain run, and that was the best supposedly they could come up with....quite the odd couple that was.

edit on 12/30/2014 by Turq1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 03:44 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

No more Bush's, Clinton's, or Obama's! In fact, no career politicians at all! I'd love to see an honest, hard working man (or woman) take a jab at it. One who knows how it feels like to have to get up at five in the morning, work a good ten to fourteen hours workday just to supply the basics for themselves or their family. Someone who has made actual sacrifices in their lives, someone who truly knows hardships. Not someone who has a shady politician background, someone who partook in "pay to play" schemes. I want someone who doesn't want the job!

Being born with a silver spoon in your mouth, going to all these upper echelon schools won't teach you the meaning of what it is to be an every-man.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 03:53 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

You just answered it.
Although, Bush didn't really do much. The the Lt Gov is where the power is in Texas.

Bush didn't do anything. Its all thanks to the Gov whom does the actual work. Bush doing good? lol now that is funny.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 03:55 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Reagen armed the Islamists. Called them the Founders Freedom Fighters.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 04:24 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

This has to be fabricated data.....the people do not want Jeb.....

Who cares what "people" want ? You as a lot of others will go as a sheep and cast your vote either for Bush or Clinton.
You will spend countless hours deciding who is lesser evil, but it will change nothing because down deep below you all know that after fake "Hope Obama" the american system have a solid proof that it is beyond repair.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 05:08 AM
link   

edit on 12/30/2014 by Turq1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Reagan Was a Union Leader

Where do you get your information from because it doesn't come from history. Reagan waged war on the Unions. Go tell the air traffic controllers union that Reagan fired how Reagan was a Union leader.

Reagan Opposed Weaponization

The star wars kid was against it? Under him military spending went out of control not to mention it was him and Darth Cheney his Sec of Defense that started arming the police. Reagan opposed weaponization lol yeah right.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   
I will never vote for another Bush. Even should he win the nomination. I will go third party.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Reagan a rino ?

That was hilarious.

Sounds like a GD teapariter to me.

Hell must have frozen over because I agree with Neo. If Reagan were alive today he would be the golden boy of the TP.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Barf!!!!!

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

Reagan Was a Union Leader

Where do you get your information from because it doesn't come from history. Reagan waged war on the Unions. Go tell the air traffic controllers union that Reagan fired how Reagan was a Union leader.

Reagan was a member of the Screen Actors Guild at the same time he was busting the Air Traffic Controllers. At one time he was pres. of SAG.

Hypocrite.....
edit on 30-12-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Fromabove
I will never vote for another Bush. Even should he win the nomination. I will go third party.

Everybody should vote third party every frigging election. Day in and day out we hear the GOP supporters demonizing the Democrats. But in the same breath these same people will bitch that their party is incapable of selecting a candidate that is worth the paper he wipes his behind with. How do you support a party that can't even get out of its own way?

When will enough people learn that it's game-over for the "2" party system. The system is screwed and needs a Ctrl-Alt-Del.

edit on 30-12-2014 by jtma508 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
a reply to: neo96

3. Reagan Was a Union Leader

Operation Copper Nugget - Under Reagan, the National Guard was mobilized to break up the mine strike in Arizona, which resulted in more than a few deaths.
en.wikipedia.org...

PATCO - Under Reagan, Professional Air Traffic Controllers Organization was busted.
www.nytimes.com...

So, tell me again how Reagan was pro union, because Reagan is probably the biggest single reason unions in the US have lost their bargaining power.

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join