It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jeb Bush surges to double-digit lead among 2016 GOP presidential contenders

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   

news.yahoo.com...

Former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush broke away from the pack in the latest CNN/ORC poll with a 10-point lead over Gov. Chris Christie of New Jersey. But a Rasmussen poll released Monday finds likely Republican voters split on whether they want another Bush in the White House.

The dynasty continues....

Former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush (R) is grabbing more than just news headlines with his talk of a possible presidential run. He’s also grabbing public support, rising in the past month to take a pretty commanding lead in a newly released poll.

Governor Bush clocked in as favored for the nomination by 23 percent of Republicans or independents who lean Republican, in the CNN/ORC International survey, which was conducted Dec. 18 to 21.

That showing was a big gain from the 14 percent he garnered in a November poll. And it puts him well ahead of the next most popular potential candidate.

I'm interested in the TParty, religious Right wing, and uber conservative take on this news.

One thing is certain...when he finially decides to throw his hat into the ring....Corporate America will fall all over themselves with obscene campaign contributions.

Looks like that he is the chosen next President of the United States!

edit on 29-12-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Ah, that explains why Jeb Bush cuts ties with company that benefited from Obamacare:

Former Florida Governor Jeb Bush is resigning from the board of Tenet Healthcare Corporation, a company that has significantly profited from the enactment of the Affordable Care Act and that has touted the economic benefits of the controversial health law.

Last month, Tenet reported that its third-quarter revenue was up $4.18 billion over the previous year, as the Washington Post notes -- and the company attributed 40 percent of those gains to Obamacare. Tenet CEO Trevor Fetter has repeatedly credited the ACA for his company's growing business.

He'll be busy campaigning, and part of his platform might be the repeal of Obamacare, something the Republicans are wanting quite badly.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I swear to god.

If the GOP nomination goes to JEB the Republicans are giving the left 4 more years.

Either by Clinton, or Warren.

The Republicans need to get their heads out of their snips.

And give us a real GD candidate.

Freaking McCain,Romney, Bush.

You gotta be kidding me.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greven
Ah, that explains why Jeb Bush cuts ties with company that benefited from Obamacare:

Former Florida Governor Jeb Bush is resigning from the board of Tenet Healthcare Corporation, a company that has significantly profited from the enactment of the Affordable Care Act and that has touted the economic benefits of the controversial health law.

Last month, Tenet reported that its third-quarter revenue was up $4.18 billion over the previous year, as the Washington Post notes -- and the company attributed 40 percent of those gains to Obamacare. Tenet CEO Trevor Fetter has repeatedly credited the ACA for his company's growing business.

He'll be busy campaigning, and part of his platform might be the repeal of Obamacare, something the Republicans are wanting quite badly.

2011 Mitt Romney - "I'm running for office, for Pete's sake, I can't have illegals."

2014 Jeb Bush - "I'm running for office, for Pete's sake, I can't make any more millions off Obamacare. "

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Who do you want Neo Christy??

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Who would that be? I think Jeb has already been chosen. Elections are just the bogus formality and media event.
Looks like I'll be working for the GOP media this year rather than the Libertarians.
edit on 29-12-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Gag a maggot

No more Bushes

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

I think the writing in on the wall...Jeb Bush will be the United States next president...if we vote for him or not...that won't matter; I just think it has already been decided.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: American-philosopher
a reply to: neo96

Who do you want Neo Christy??

I don't even want Christie.

I haven't seen any one yet that i would support.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   

And you Americans will do it again...because deep down...way down in your psyche...you want to be punished..over and over and over again.

Elect him...make him potus...you probably deserve him.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Jeb was Governor of Florida.

What was negative or positive with that timeframe?

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   

I swear to god.

If the GOP nomination goes to JEB the Republicans are giving the left 4 more years.

Either by Clinton, or Warren.

Freaking McCain,Romney, Bush.

You gotta be kidding me.

Who would you want out of the better-known might-be GOP candidates?

ps edit - I see you already answered this question. Does that mean you would have said pretty much the same thing no matter who was in the lead?
edit on 29-12-2014 by Cuervo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysterX

And you Americans will do it again...because deep down...way down in your psyche...you want to be punished..over and over and over again.

Elect him...make him potus...you probably deserve him.

He will not be "elected" ..... he has already been "selected" by our corporate masters, the military/industrial complex.
I expect to be in another war with troops, Halliburton, KBR and the other war profiteers with in a year of Jeb taking office. It's an established pattern.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

news.yahoo.com...

Former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush broke away from the pack in the latest CNN/ORC poll with a 10-point lead over Gov. Chris Christie of New Jersey. But a Rasmussen poll released Monday finds likely Republican voters split on whether they want another Bush in the White House.

The dynasty continues....

Former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush (R) is grabbing more than just news headlines with his talk of a possible presidential run. He’s also grabbing public support, rising in the past month to take a pretty commanding lead in a newly released poll.

Governor Bush clocked in as favored for the nomination by 23 percent of Republicans or independents who lean Republican, in the CNN/ORC International survey, which was conducted Dec. 18 to 21.

That showing was a big gain from the 14 percent he garnered in a November poll. And it puts him well ahead of the next most popular potential candidate.

I'm interested in the TParty, religious Right wing, and uber conservative take on this news.

One thing is certain...when he finially decides to throw his hat into the ring....Corporate America will fall all over themselves with obscene campaign contributions.

Looks like that he is the chosen next President of the United States!

The "chosen" next President of the US?

Right.

With the Democrat expertise in stealing elections, all Hilary has to do is pick a black for VP and the job is hers. If CNN is promoting Bush, (and all their polls are BS), then its only because they know that the conservative half of the Republicans won't turn out to vote....again. The truth is that the Repukes don't have anyone to run in 2016...and they know it.

The only solution to these crap sandwich presidential elections is to seriously defang the office of any authority other than as commander in chief of the military, (and that may be a mistake), shorten the campaign season to 90 days and change the Constitution such that no one can serve more than one term in office. If we were smart, we'd reduce the office of the presidency to something nothing more than ceremonial. In a country dumbed down to a state of "Idiocracy" having a President with any authorities or powers is just plain embarrassing.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: caladonea

I think the writing in on the wall...Jeb Bush will be the United States next president...if we vote for him or not...that won't matter; I just think it has already been decided.

Only if enough Democrats vote for him...He won't get enough Republicans to win the election...

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Oh come off it, Jeb will never get the nomination. It's still a year to the primaries and the full range of candidates is yet to be unveiled. Will the Romney Unit run? Will Saintorum throw his sweatervest into the ring? Will Christie attempt a run? Does the Palinista think she has a chance?
Let's be frank - you can't take polls like this seriously, not this far out from the election.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

No one 'steals' elections.

Our votes don't count, TPTB are not going to leave the most powerful position in america up to the chance of the peons voting for the guy they want.

We are a plutocracy plain and simple.
edit on thMon, 29 Dec 2014 16:36:46 -0600America/Chicago1220154680 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Iscool

originally posted by: caladonea

Only if enough Democrats vote for him...He won't get enough Republicans to win the election...

So I take it that you still think elections determine the president.....

Two words....Electoral College and hanging chads. Four words....

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 04:44 PM
link   

[I haven't seen any one yet that i would support.

It doesn't matter who you support. It only matters who the billionaire oligarchs support.

Pick your feudal lord wisely.
edit on 29-12-2014 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   
The last time The GOP won a presidential race without a Nixon or a Bush on the ticket was in 1928.

Desperate times call for desperate measures.

Maybe Karl Rove can sniff out some Nixon offspring in the fold.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join