It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coffin like rock on Mars?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: canucks555

Though it doesn't look like a normal rock i don't see why anyone alien or not would leave a coffin just sitting there.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 09:57 PM
link   

my dream for when i die is to be shot into space in a capsule of some sort and obviously be preserved till another life form can find me and and study my corpse. maybe someone with a lot more money and power has already done it and ended up on mars. obviously my capsule will have thrusters to prevent this duh

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 10:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ancient Champion

Though it doesn't look like a normal rock i don't see why anyone alien or not would leave a coffin just sitting there.

Geology over millions of years up heaves even the deepest things..

-But at the end of the day, I'll bet dollars to donuts that it's just a natural rock formation.

believe me I wish it were something alien..

It has good lines though, from a distance,..with the sun shining on it at that particular angle...
edit on 29-12-2014 by canucks555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 11:00 PM
link   
I don't know about a coffin but it does have seemingly straight lines in contrast to the other rocks in the terrain

facinating!

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Putting it in the context of the overall original image, it doesn't look odd or like a coffin to me, just part of the rocky landscape. But that's just me.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 02:32 AM
link   
A significant part of Mars' evolutionary geology had come from volcanic activity. One result of volcanic activity on Mars happens on Earth as well. It's called columnar jointing. This creates elongated columns out of rock. I'm not saying that's absolutely what this is but if I had to guesstimate, that's the basket I'm putting my eggs into.

Examples of rocks found on Mars.

It's out of place right? To me it looks like every rock on that planet is out of place, it's estimated that 200 space rocks (Asteroids) hit the Martian surface every year, and when they do rocks get displaced and fly everywhere.

Does Occam's Razor tell us it's a rock or a coffin?

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 02:37 AM
link   
a reply to: TheEnigma

so you're saying it's Aliens...

joking..good deduction.. : )

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 02:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: canucks555

so you're saying it's Aliens...

joking..good deduction.. : )

Bahaha...touche Canucks!
Thanks!

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Me and a buddy of mine used to make $$ from driving a two tonne truck in search of fireplace stones.
Amazing what you can find in the middle of nowhere.. On one outing we found perfectly uniform columns of stone (formed like crystals?)
straight, square and long. ( eight by eight inches, eight to ten feet long) Worth quite a bit.

I remember blowing the tires out from hauling too heavy a load..

My thread but don't know the date of the pic? Can Curiosity actually go back at this point/?

edit on 30-12-2014 by canucks555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Maybe that B Horror movie Vampires from Mars was based on a true story after all.

But really, who knows. Interesting find though. I can almost guarantee you that some true oddities are on the Mars surface that we have not discovered yet.
edit on 30-12-2014 by Bloodydagger because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 04:21 AM
link   
a reply to: canucks555 All they would have to do is divert the rover over to it. Take a close look at it. From what I know, there are NO straight lines in nature. If it is truly as straight as the photo shows I would think it was manufactured someplace. (Alien or Martian)

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Oh com´on....

Everyone can se that it is
a Gua´old sarcophagous....

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Ceeker63

indeed , theres been quite a few interesting objects that I would have thought worthy of further exploration, obtusely played NASA..

deliberate aversion ?

they certainly see the features we do . they must have a special interpretation technique/tools or something that we do not have access to, to make such sweeping discounts.

funbox

edit on 30-12-2014 by funbox because: rock shaped wolves

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ceeker63
a reply to: canucks555 All they would have to do is divert the rover over to it. Take a close look at it. From what I know, there are NO straight lines in nature. If it is truly as straight as the photo shows I would think it was manufactured someplace. (Alien or Martian)

There's no real way to tell how straight the edges of that object really are but nature can make straight lines. There are tons of ways to be crooked and to survive environmental factors nature tries everything. What about where the environment is less variable? In caves, deep underground there are crystals and "soda straw" stalactites which form with exceptionally straight lines. Nature tries everything we just don't see it all the time.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Looks like a piece of the old Trans-Martian Railroad. The one they built before they had hovertrains.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 11:29 PM
link   

OK I just showed this pic to my husband, and he said "holy #, it's a sarcophagus". And yes, to me, it looks that way too. Absolutely awesome find, really interested in finding out more. I have always believed that us, the homo sapiens, the ancient alien, has been there before, something happened on that Planet, something then happened here, on earth. Evolution pffffffffttt. Great post! Star and flag

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 10:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: douglas5
Still have a red sky on Mars in pictures ??
look at 11 o'clock in the picture and there is another coffin maybe it is a grave yard s & f op good find

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 11:30 PM
link   
I would have to go with a basalt column.
Probably a piece blasted out of a crater.

But only based on the evidence that rock can take this form naturally.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 07:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun
Careful opening it, don't want to loose any Martian Vampires upon the universe!

Agreed. Martian Vampires sound like something better left alone.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I am pretty sure it is just an odd looking stone, and we tend to see more than there is, because it would be "weird" to find a coffin there.

On the other hand I believe in fossils buried (deep) under martian soil, so if we ever get to examine this stone and it indeed is a coffin, Id be one of the happiest people on earth. Or Mars.

Awesome picture though, I really like to think Mars was once (!) a living planet until proven wrong

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join