It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Tells Republicans to Expect Vetos for Bad Bills in 2015

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   

a reply to: ScientificRailgun

Do you have any examples of people calling for Fox News to be removed or shut down?

Here's a minor example....
Fox News Targeted in ‘Shutdown’ Campaign

more example found ->>> goggle " white house media suppression "

one in particular.....

In unprecedented criticism of the White House, 38 journalism groups have assailed the president's team for censoring media coverage, limiting access to top officials and overall “politically-driven suppression of the news.”

In a letter to President Obama, the 38, led by the Society of Professional Journalists, said efforts by government officials to stifle or block coverage has grown for years and reached a high-point under his administration despite Obama's 2008 campaign promise to provide transparency.

Censorship: 38 journalism groups slam Obama's 'politically-driven suppression of news'

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Then he said to expect more executive orders for his bills so they get passed without congressional approval.

link   

Oh I do denounce the whole damn system. But the lefties are more vocal and arrogant than the righties, so if you denounce the entire system, they won't be satisfied if you point out their failures. They'll only be satisfied if there's a disproportionate amount of cons on the righty list.

The righties look stupid all the time, but they go away with their tails between their legs. The lefites, just as much, except they find people to blame, and yell the loudest. The squeaky wheel gets the most grease, in politics it just shows you're unable to admit your faults.

Bush was a humongous failure, I couldn't stand him. Obama's the same, no reason why people can't point out his failures.

link   
I like the party of No label.. I would rather nothing get done than what Obama and the Communist left got done with healthcare.. Or do we want more of that?

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: truckdriver42

I just want freedom for everyone and myself. Freedom can't be found in the current political system. You get screwed from both ends but they're nice enough to give you a choice lol.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

The NK reference goes beyond just that.

We all know who attacks capitalism, and 'everyone gets a trophy', and competition is evil!.

The LEFT has so much in common with North Korea.

They will never admit.

I am just waiting for the day the left starts calling the right 'Yankee capitalist pigs'.

Oh never mind were already there, just not in those exact words.

Demonizing the rich.

Demonizing 'profit'.

And the comparisons can go on.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

That's a protest movement, not an official government body, nor even close to the government "shutting down" something.

Though, it is an example of average people who want to see Fox News and I guess more importantly Rupert Murdoch go away.

I'm sure there are people on the right who want MSNBC shut down as well.

Good example though, not EXACTLY what I was asking for, but a good example nonetheless.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
It's not like he would be the first President to do this. Also Obama is right if there is a bill that he doesn't think will be good for the country then he is supposed to veto it that is his job.

He is not supposed to be the only person in the country whose opinion matters. Otherwise, there would be no point in elections. The Democrats lost big because a majority of people believed their policies were bad for the country. Obama is one of them. He would have probably had his butt voted out too if he'd been up for a vote.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Veterans party of America has my vote till they become corrupted.

Stop thinking you must vote for either an R or a d, find a new path and try to make a difference.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: BrianFlanders

A majority of people didn't vote. Something like 70% of the voting age population didn't bother participating in the last election. I don't think it's fair to call what happened what the 'majority' wanted. If anything, the majority didn't want either side to win.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg

originally posted by: Yeahkeepwatchingme
a reply to: buster2010

And his facts were wrong. The economy's failing, the jobs are less and less. Sorry...

That's odd, I though that the economy was growing. Dow Jones past 18,000, etc. Aha. Here.

Take out the bankers/wall street, Multinationals, Defense Contractors and drum roll please...........AND Government, those figures your so proud of won't look very promising at all.

If the economy and the working class are doing so well, then why the uproar to increase the minimum wage? Odd that some of you support Obama and praise these economic figures on one hand, and then turn around and scream bloody murder that people cannot live without a "living wage"?

By proudly stating these economic numbers aren't you just as evil and guilty as the GOP for pandering to corporations?

Take a good hard look at the amount of people on food stamps and those barely keeping their heads above the poverty level, then brag about how great the economy is doing!

Why leave out the plight of the little people? Oh the insanity of the those who believe in the left/right paradigm. The talking points of both parties are rife with hypocrisy!

As long as we stick up for any of these politicians and their corrupt policies, we might as well, ponder suicide as a viable option from living in the hell we have coming........

A voice of reason in the wilderness.

Sadly it gets ignored.

Its all an illusion to keep this bickering going.

Do people really think there is any difference between bush and Obama?

Sad.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

The NK reference goes beyond just that.

We all know who attacks capitalism, and 'everyone gets a trophy', and competition is evil!.

The LEFT has so much in common with North Korea.

They will never admit.

I am just waiting for the day the left starts calling the right 'Yankee capitalist pigs'.

I separated those for a reason. You cry that the left is doing this while calling them despotic. Irony? Or transference?

Oh never mind were already there, just not in those exact words.

Demonizing the rich.

Demonizing 'profit'.

And the comparisons can go on.

So to the first. They seem to be a protected segment in society. "Profit"? Everyone wants profit.... but not at the expense of the populous.

How about the demonization of Gays? Women that want an abortion? Yes. THOSE comparisons can go on longer than the Energizer Bunny.
edit on 29-12-2014 by intrepid because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I don't have time to read all the pages ATM, but I will say this: He's on vacation, there's terrible conflict between citizens and law enforcement, Russia is virtually crashing, Korea's really pissed about The Interview and all he can bring to the table is a threat to veto bad bills in 2015? That's his job, he should always veto bad bills.

Face Palm

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

I honestly believe ANYTHING Obama does regarding your mentioned situations would likely only serve to inflame tensions, and not ease them. I'm rather glad he's keeping his mouth shut. (For now)

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

I separated those for a reason. You cry that the left is doing this while calling them despotic. Irony? Or transference?

Neither because they are DESPOTIC.

Need some examples ?

The 'affordable' care act, gun control. insurance. The creation of the federal reserve. The creation of social security,medicare,medicaid.

That isn't being 'liberal'. That is TYRANNY.

So to the first. They seem to be a protected segment in society. "Profit"? Everyone wants profit.... but not at the expense of the populous.

That class wafare BULL SNIP comes straight out of the GD communist manifesto.

How about the demonization of Gays?

What about it ?

What about the demonization of rich people,gun owners,bankers,business owners.

Women that want an abortion? Yes.

Women want abortions ?

The right to kill a fetus, then turns around and embraces kids south of the border who weren't aborted. To make them citizens so they can vote. Because the LEFT has alienated a hell of a lot of groups in this country.

If only the LEFT gave a GD about kids inside of the womb instead of making 'gun free' zones. That aren't so gun free.

If only the LEFT gave a GD about kids over in the ME getting droned by their 'nobel peace' prize winning 'messiah'.

If only the GD LEFT would stop DEIFYING the state as the only source of 'morality'.

Yeah those comparisons can go on.
edit on 29-12-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   

a reply to: intrepid

Neither because they are DESPOTIC.

Need some examples ?

The 'affordable' care act, gun control. insurance. The creation of the federal reserve. The creation of social security,medicare,medicaid.

That isn't being 'liberal'. That is TYRANNY.

That class wafare BULL SNIP comes straight out of the GD communist manifesto.

How about the demonization of Gays?

What about it ?

What about the demonization of rich people,gun owners,bankers,business owners.

Women that want an abortion? Yes.

Women want abortions ?

The right to kill a fetus, then turns around and embraces kids south of the border who weren't aborted. To make them citizens so they can vote. Because the LEFT has alienated a hell of a lot of groups in this country.

If only the LEFT gave a GD about kids inside of the womb instead of making 'gun free' zones. That aren't so gun free.

If only the LEFT gave a GD about kids over in the ME getting droned by their 'nobel peace' prize winning 'messiah'.

If only the GD LEFT would stop DEIFYING the state as the only source of 'morality'.

Yeah those comparisons can go on.
I'm beginning to sense a personal agenda, and not the detached, impartial analysis that would come from a sound mind. What has the left personally done to you to make you feel this way? Surely, if you're this passionate about the wrongs the left has committed, they must have affected your life in some way. I'm not asking you to give specifics, as I don't want to pry, but has the "liberal agenda" made YOUR life any worse?

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 04:16 PM
link   

. What has the left personally done to you to make you feel this way?

They have run this country in to the GD ground.

The reason I can't earn any decent GD interest rates on my checking,savings,money markets,cd's, bonds is BECAUSE of the LEFT.

The reason I have to prove my innocence every time I buy a GD gun with that 4th amendment violation called the background check. Telling me what i can own based on NOTHING but how a gun looks.

The reason this nation is in massive debt from their GD delusions of social engineering that flies in the face of 'science' as they claim to believe in. Forcing people in to a single mold of mediocrity.

People are different. They always will be,and it is our differences. That build strength, and character. Both things are currently lacking in the United States of Dysfunction.

If the LEFT would stop playing to the ID, and instant gratification.

I don't like the LEFT.

But guess WHAT ?

They don't like me.

And I could care LESS.

edit on 29-12-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   

. What has the left personally done to you to make you feel this way?

They have run this country in to the GD ground.

The reason I can't earn any decent GD interest rates on my checking,savings,money markets,cd's, bonds is BECAUSE of the LEFT.

The reason I have to prove my innocence every time I buy a GD gun with that 4th amendment violation called the background check. Telling me what i can own based on NOTHING but how a gun looks.

The reason this nation is in massive debt from their GD delusions of social engineering that flies in the face of 'science' as they claim to believe in. Forcing people in to a single mold of mediocrity.

People are different. They always will be,and it is our differences. That build strength, and character. Both things are currently lacking in the United States of Dysfunction.

If the LEFT would stop playing to the ID, and instant gratification.

I don't like the LEFT.

But guess WHAT ?

They don't like me.

And I could care LESS.

You blame a lot of things on the left that could be said about the right as well, minus gun control (I'll grant you that.) They are JUST as responsible for the U.S.'s failing economy, and the increasing social division and unrest.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

You really need to study up on your history they have been calling them capitalist pigs for years now and why should they be called yankees most of the right wing strongholds is in the South. I'm just waiting for them to start calling the TP the American Taliban.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

More up on history than my accuser is.

Let's taker a walk down history lane:

Liberty and democracy are eternal enemies, and every one knows it who has ever given any sober reflection to the matter. A democratic state may profess to venerate the name, and even pass laws making it officially sacred, but it simply cannot tolerate the thing. In order to keep any coherence in the governmental process, to prevent the wildest anarchy in thought and act, the government must put limits upon the free play of opinion. In part, it can reach that end by mere propaganda, by the bald force of its authority — that is, by making certain doctrines officially infamous. But in part it must resort to force, i.e., to law. One of the main purposes of laws in a democratic society is to put burdens upon intelligence and reduce it to impotence. Ostensibly, their aim is to penalize anti-social acts; actually their aim is to penalize heretical opinions. At least ninety-five Americans out of every 100 believe that this process is honest and even laudable; it is practically impossible to convince them that there is anything evil in it. In other words, they cannot grasp the concept of liberty. Always they condition it with the doctrine that the state, i.e., the majority, has a sort of right of eminent domain in acts, and even in ideas — that it is perfectly free, whenever it is so disposed, to forbid a man to say what he honestly believes. Whenever his notions show signs of becoming "dangerous," ie, of being heard and attended to, it exercises that prerogative. And the overwhelming majority of citizens believe in supporting it in the outrage. Including especially the Liberals, who pretend — and often quite honestly believe — that they are hot for liberty. They never really are. Deep down in their hearts they know, as good democrats, that liberty would be fatal to democracy — that a government based upon shifting and irrational opinion must keep it within bounds or run a constant risk of disaster. They themselves, as a practical matter, advocate only certain narrow kinds of liberty — liberty, that is, for the persons they happen to favor. The rights of other persons do not seem to interest them. If a law were passed tomorrow taking away the property of a large group of presumably well-to-do persons — say, bondholders of the railroads — without compensation and without even colorable reason, they would not oppose it; they would be in favor of it. The liberty to have and hold property is not one they recognize. They believe only in the liberty to envy, hate and loot the man who has it. "Liberty and Democracy" in the Baltimore Evening Sun (13 April 1925), also in A Second Mencken Chrestomathy : New Selections from the Writings of America's Legendary Editor, Critic, and Wit (1994) edited by Terry Teachout, p. 35

en.wikiquote.org...

It is GD laughable that anyone thinks the LEFT isn't greedy.

They have built their entire GD platform around it, saying their 'better'.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join