It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Tells Republicans to Expect Vetos for Bad Bills in 2015

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Honestly, we should only blame "US" citizens of this country... We allow this bs to happen... We should tear it down and start over, but instead we keep electing officials who are either to bribe, who would rather work on their agendas than what their constituents truly want... We are to blame for allowing this to happen year in and out..

Different names, different faces, same story...

link   
a reply to: neo96

People choose to ignore those facts.

link   
Obama should have done a lot of this:

vimeo.com...

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   

a reply to: ScientificRailgun

The Keystone Pipeline and Immigration, I see are two major issues.

I agree.

Some others will be about changes to Obama.Care

Obama said he might actually go along with some, and some high profile Democrats have recently cited some flaws as well. but all that may have been just campaign tactics.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

c'mon...how many workers do you think they will need to operate a pipeline?...geez, it's a couple of hundred at most for the few pumping stations, and part of those will be in Canada...why?....because it's just a pipeline!...and it's Canadian oil, we have no claim over it...actually I don't care if it gets built, we already have thousands of miles of pipe crisscrossing the US, just don't claim it's going to create all these "jobs"

The pipeline will take some time to construct, those are the jobs I was referring to. I know maintenance of the pipeline will be at most a few hundred, MAYBE a few thousand. I should have been clearer, I apologize.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Yeahkeepwatchingme
a reply to: jimmyx

If it creates jobs they'll end up going to foreigners because they're cheaper to hire than real Americans.

I don't think so, but there might be a provision in the contract spelling out, who, and from where, actual workers will come from....I'm ignorant to that...

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

The Keystone Pipeline and Immigration, I see are two major issues.

I agree.

Some others will be about changes to Obama.Care

Obama said he might actually go along with some, and some high profile Democrats have recently cited some flaws as well. but all that may have been just campaign tactics.

Obama would be gloriously stupid to veto carefully balanced changes to Obamacare. Obamacare is seriously flawed as is, and he knows it.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   

People choose to ignore those facts.

Yeah they do.

And the only FACTS in American politics is there is no truth.

Only perception.

That perception of the last 6 years of EPIC failures by the current potus, and his party is what lead to the republican sweeps in 2010, and the last midterms.

It was perception that put the LEFT in to power, and a simple slogan for 'hope, and change'.

Which was nothing more than BULL SNIP, and BLAME.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   

so, tell us what magnificent legislation is going to come out of the new congress? what laws will be passed by them that will help the middle class and poor?...make a list, with details.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

originally posted by: queenofswords
I have a feeling though that it won't be as hard as people think to get the 2/3 to override some of his vetoes. I don't think Obama understands what the American people were really telling him in last month's elections. And, remember, some of those senators and congressmen are up for reelection in 2016. They better hear the people and not just their party.

With lowest voter turn out since WW2 the people really did speak but it wasn't to support Republican policies. If anything it was to show they have lost confidence in the government.

here's an open question to everybody based on buster's assessment.

With the apparent loss of confidence by voters in general, who or what was responsible for the major Democrat downfall in the elections?

With the MSM being mostly Liberal, how did they contribute to that voter loss of confidence?

The MSM would include anything that talks or writes.

Was it the "Right" being aggressive or was it the "Left" being less influential?

Or was it more like the campaign contributions being funded by the big PACS and Corporations.

This "loss of confidence" is what put Obama in this predicament to begin with.

A successful 2014 Democrat campaign would have gotten him out of this mess he's now in.

Who Failed the Most?

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Who Failed the Most?

The LEFT.

They are victims of their own arrogance, their so called 'intellectual' superiority.

They 'bank' on mindless followers, and it failed bigger than Bear Sterns.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Who Failed the Most?

originally posted by: neo96
The LEFT.

They are victims of their own arrogance, their so called 'intellectual' superiority.

They 'bank' on mindless followers, and it failed bigger than Bear Sterns.

I tend to agree.

The "Left" has much more established MSM outlets than the "Right" does.

The bigger they are the harder they fall as the saying goes.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   

The "Left" has much more established MSM outlets than the "Right" does.

That is when they aren't acting like North Korea, and shut down speech they don't agree with.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Please give me an example of the "left" shutting down speech they don't like.

Funny, I haven't heard of any jackbooted gestapo knocking down doors for having a dissenting opinion.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Use ATS search feature.

The endless Fox New's bash fest's.
edit on 29-12-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Use ATS search feature.

The endless Fox New's bash fest's.
That's hardly "shutting it down". That's people having a dissenting opinion.

Not a valid source, I'm afraid.

"Shutting it down" means having something removed from view so it can no longer be viewed, either by censoring TV, the internet, radio, etc.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Is that right ?

If the LEFT had their way there would be no Fox News.

Mainly because they don't say 'nice' things about our glorious' leader pretty much like The Interview was not so flattering to it's despotic regime.

edit on 29-12-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Oh really, so the usual gang of idiots. Oh did I say idiots, I meant partisan leftists, who attack those who dare say anything about the great leader isn't an example of shutting it down? You don't have to censor something by shutting it down, you gang up, derail with false information, accuse everyone of being ignorant, etc, etc.

Or you just send the IRS to go after certain groups. Or cry racist, or scream intolerance.

I can't stand both parties but the left always proves itself to be the most elitist, arrogant and disconnected party. The years of blaming the clown before him are over, this clown's wearing the bright red nose now, no reason why the media should protect him and distort information to make him smell like roses.

Putting faith in the right or the left is like pinning your hopes to a balloon and then blaming the other guys when it pops.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   

I really doubt the "left" want to shut down Fox News. In fact, I've seen nobody calling for it to be removed.

Some would consider me to be moderately left, I certainly have no desire to shut it down.

Do you have any examples of people calling for Fox News to be removed or shut down?

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Oh really, so the usual gang of idiots. Oh did I say idiots, I meant partisan leftists, who attack those who dare say anything about the great leader isn't an example of shutting it down? You don't have to censor something by shutting it down, you gang up, derail with false information, accuse everyone of being ignorant, etc, etc.

Or you just send the IRS to go after certain groups. Or cry racist, or scream intolerance.

I can't stand both parties but the left always proves itself to be the most elitist, arrogant and disconnected party. The years of blaming the clown before him are over, this clown's wearing the bright red nose now, no reason why the media should protect him and distort information to make him smell like roses.

Putting faith in the right or the left is like pinning your hopes to a balloon and then blaming the other guys when it pops.
I agree both parties are ridiculously stupid but the constant "blame the left" mentality is JUST as a dumb as the constant "blame the right" mentality. If they're both stupid, why call attention to just one side? Denounce the whole damn system.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join