It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Tells Republicans to Expect Vetos for Bad Bills in 2015

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

But what if he vetoes a bill that is good for the majority of citizens?

When was the last time the right passed a bill that was actually good for the majority?

I have a sneaky feeling we will see that more often than not.

Dream on.

Obama can be spiteful and bitter with jealousy if something good is not to his credit.

Like the right wingers are any different.

link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
a reply to: AngryCymraeg

You are really drunk on the Kool-aid, aren't you. The memes! The memes! The memes!

No, I'm just a person who has long since lost his patience and his temper when it comes to the GOP. The amount of drivel that they've been spouting for years is staggering. And the fact that the last Congress saw a pitifully small number of bills be passed is indicative of how low the GOP has sunk. Be prepared for Congress to go completely nuts this next session.

link   
a reply to: intrepid

And your facts are wrong. Pretty much what I expected.

Mention Fox news "That'll teach em!"

Partisanship ruined the country, both parties have messed up severely. Now since Obama's the figurehead of the failure, he'll be criticized for his constant inaction. Get used to it.
edit on 29-12-2014 by Yeahkeepwatchingme because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 12:37 PM
link   

I have a feeling though that it won't be as hard as people think to get the 2/3 to override some of his vetoes. I don't think Obama understands what the American people were really telling him in last month's elections. And, remember, some of those senators and congressmen are up for reelection in 2016. They better hear the people and not just their party.

With lowest voter turn out since WW2 the people really did speak but it wasn't to support Republican policies. If anything it was to show they have lost confidence in the government.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Yeahkeepwatchingme

I stand corrected. I can argue with that. Your post has shown me the error of my ways.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Wow I expect better from a mod. Instead of pushing awareness that both parties have failed you just fall into the trap and push leftist partisanship. Thanks for the two party tactics, and showing your allegiance to a party that like the other has done nothing for America.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

I stand corrected. I can argue with that. Your post has shown me the error of my ways.

Facts are like kryptonite to right wing supporters they just can't handle it. You notice he didn't provide any proof as to why your facts were wrong.

link   
a reply to: AngryCymraeg

The GOP will be setting up the Democrat Party for the biggest failure since last Month's elections.

All Campaigns are 4 year affairs now.

The Republicans will be around for decades now.

Obama is systematically dismantling the Democrat Party.

link   
a reply to: buster2010

I'm not a right wing supporter, or a left wing supporter. Please try again buster.

link   

Wow I expect better from a mod. Instead of pushing awareness that both parties have failed you just fall into the trap and push leftist partisanship. Thanks for the two party tactics, and showing your allegiance to a party that like the other has done nothing for America.

He's from Canada so why would he support any party in America?

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Wow I expect better from a mod.

Epic fail. That's usually what I get when people can't argue logically. The death knell of a position.

Instead of pushing awareness that both parties have failed you just fall into the trap and push leftist partisanship. Thanks for the two party tactics, and showing your allegiance to a party that like the other has done nothing for America.

Nope. I slap the left to when they need it too. Who's propagating the left/right paradigm here?

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   

And why would he support Obama? Or are his posts in support of Obama just jokes?

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Oh please I'm not falling for your I'm a mod end of story tactics.

You propagate the left insanity. Don't hide behind your status knowing you're wrong.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   

I agree voters seem confused and disgusted.

But Libertarians were on many ballots last Month.

How come not many votes for them?

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

I have a feeling though that it won't be as hard as people think to get the 2/3 to override some of his vetoes. I don't think Obama understands what the American people were really telling him in last month's elections. And, remember, some of those senators and congressmen are up for reelection in 2016. They better hear the people and not just their party.

With lowest voter turn out since WW2 the people really did speak but it wasn't to support Republican policies. If anything it was to show they have lost confidence in the government.

That's an opinion. MY opinion is that people are fed up with Obama's lack of leadership and his inability to work with congress and his push toward more and more left-leaning policies. The majority of Americans are more centralist. However, libs and regular joe dems could not bring themselves to vote Republican, so they stayed home rather than vote for more of Obama's BS.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Well what does anybody think will be the first veto issue?

What will the bill be about?

Healthcare reforms?

Tax reforms?

Immigration?

lots of topics to discuss along with possible ramifications

What's the Most Important Issue Obama could veto?

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   

And why would he support Obama? Or are his posts in support of Obama just jokes?

Pointing out facts are doesn't mean he is supporting him. He's just pointing out where you were wrong.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   

And his facts were wrong. The economy's failing, the jobs are less and less. Sorry...

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   

And his facts were wrong. The economy's failing, the jobs are less and less. Sorry...

Provide facts to back that up then.

ETA: Here's some more facts:

The United States is back, and ready to drive global growth in 2015. After long struggling to claw its way out of the Great Recession, the world's biggest economy is on an extended win streak that is edging it closer to full health. But the new year doesn't look quite so bright in other major countries.

China is slowing as it transitions from investment to consumption. Japan has slid into a recession. Russia appears headed for one. Europe is barely growing.

And the U.S.?

Six years after its financial system nearly sank and nearly that long since the recession ended, the United States is expected to grow in 2015 at its fastest pace in a decade. Its expansion from July through September — a 5 percent annual rate — was the swiftest for any quarter since 2003.

finance.yahoo.com...
edit on 29-12-2014 by intrepid because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   

That's odd, I though that the economy was growing. Dow Jones past 18,000, etc. Aha. Here.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join