It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Tells Republicans to Expect Vetos for Bad Bills in 2015

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Well he's making his agenda clear.

Obama says his pen is full and ready to click & sign the Veto line.

Obama is "warning" Republicans he will not sign new laws that he doesn't necessarily like !!!

Looks like the next two years in Washington will be in campaign mode for 2016.

Obama Tells Republicans to Expect Vetos for Bad Bills in 2015

HONOLULU—Warning from President Barack Obama to congressional Republicans: I have a veto pen and, come January, I won’t be afraid to use it.

Since taking office in 2009, Obama has only vetoed legislation twice, both in fairly minor circumstances. But with Republicans set to take full control of Congress next year, Obama is losing his last bulwark against a barrage of bills he doesn’t like: the Senate.

“I haven’t used the veto pen very often since I’ve been in office,” Obama said in an NPR interview airing Monday. “Now, I suspect, there are going to be some times where I’ve got to pull that pen out.”

He will now have to actually read legislation because the Senate won't protect him anymore by not voting

Big damage possible

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Do you mean that "checks and balances" only work if it's for your party?

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Did we really expect any different? This President has shown that, if it doesn't follow his agenda, it's a bad idea. No, the Republicans are not saints and there's plenty of blame to go round for all the BS we've seen, but Obama has 2 years left and I don't see them being very productive.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
Do you mean that "checks and balances" only work if it's for your party?

LOL No of course not.

Although Obama has said that in so many words before.

that's why I said this

Looks like the next two years in Washington will be in campaign mode for 2016.

How else would you interpret that?

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   
It's not like he would be the first President to do this. Also Obama is right if there is a bill that he doesn't think will be good for the country then he is supposed to veto it that is his job.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Expect more vetoes, more laws, more executive orders and more people defending him. Hail Dictator!

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
Did we really expect any different? This President has shown that, if it doesn't follow his agenda, it's a bad idea. No, the Republicans are not saints and there's plenty of blame to go round for all the BS we've seen, but Obama has 2 years left and I don't see them being very productive.

With the party of no in control what else do you think would happen? You have one half of the party of no that thinks if we don't get our way then shut the government down and the other half that doesn't want to compromise on anything so no nothing will get done.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   
So Obama won't make his mark, an X, and sign what they put in front of him. I bet they won't even take the time to read it to him. The GOP should just steal the auto pen and use that to get his signature.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Obama is giving The Party of No a taste of their own medicine.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
It's not like he would be the first President to do this. Also Obama is right if there is a bill that he doesn't think will be good for the country then he is supposed to veto it that is his job.

But what if he vetoes a bill that is good for the majority of citizens?

I have a sneaky feeling we will see that more often than not.

Obama can be spiteful and bitter with jealousy if something good is not to his credit.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Good for him. They deserve the same thing they have given the country for the last 8 years.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I have a feeling though that it won't be as hard as people think to get the 2/3 to override some of his vetoes. I don't think Obama understands what the American people were really telling him in last month's elections. And, remember, some of those senators and congressmen are up for reelection in 2016. They better hear the people and not just their party.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   
LOL all the Obama defenders coming out of the woodwork. What do you people do, sit there and wait for the Obama Criticism alarm to go off? I love how any form of criticism is taken as a huge offense to his greatness. Nice economy by the way.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: buster2010

But what if he vetoes a bill that is good for the majority of citizens?

I have a sneaky feeling we will see that more often than not.

Obama can be spiteful and bitter with jealousy if something good is not to his credit.

Silly fox, the GOP will never write bills that are good for people! They'll have big business dictate their bills and then they'll vote for them! You do realise that Boehner and Ol' Mitch Turtle are going to completely lose control over their merry little band of deluded anti-scientist maniacs don't you?

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: rupertg
Obama is giving The Party of No a taste of their own medicine.

Well the old Senate under Democrats seemed to "Not" vote on many legislations.

Hmmm.

Looks like Obama will be the new "Dr NO".

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: AngryCymraeg

You are really drunk on the Kool-aid, aren't you. The memes! The memes! The memes!

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Yeahkeepwatchingme
LOL all the Obama defenders coming out of the woodwork. What do you people do, sit there and wait for the Obama Criticism alarm to go off? I love how any form of criticism is taken as a huge offense to his greatness.

Actually there is logic in this. Unlike the defense of Fox.

Nice economy by the way.

The US economy grew at its quickest pace in 11 years in the third quarter, the strongest sign yet that growth has decisively shifted into higher gear.

The Commerce Department on Tuesday revised up its estimate of gross domestic product growth to a 5.0% annual pace from the 3.9% rate reported last month, citing stronger consumer and business spending than it had previously factored in.

It was the fastest growth pace since the third quarter of 2003. GDP growth has now been revised up by a total of 1.5 percentage points since the first estimate was published in October.

www.theguardian.com...

Glad you noticed that.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Yeahkeepwatchingme
Expect more vetoes, more laws, more executive orders and more people defending him. Hail Dictator!

So should we also expect people defending the rights profit before people agenda as well?

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

LOL just stop it. The economy's horrible, if it grew so much where are all the jobs?

Know what's funny? How people automatically bring Fox into it like that' supposed to hurt us folks who realize both parties are defunct.

Nice try, not.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

That's it? Speculation and conjecture? I give you FACTS. Pretty much what I expected.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join