It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wind Tree uses micro-turbine leaves to generate electricity

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Still haven't figured out how to embed videos yet, ATS. SORRY.....This is interesting, nonetheless. A start-up tech company in France has created artificial trees to produce energy; similiar to that of the giant wind-turbines you might find on/in the Ocean. The leaves of the trees are mini-turbines which can rotate even with minimal wind speed. Check it out.

A French start-up says its Wind Tree is ideal for urban environments, harnessing the most gentle of winds to produce power through its micro-turbine leaves. Suzannah Butcher reports.

Pretty cool, ATS?

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

Yeah, but not really a tree huh? Ugly actually. And imagine this tree standing out front of buildings in urban areas. A lot of high expensive tech just to be hanging there with all those teenage urbanites hanging around with nothing to do.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Neat, but too many moving parts to be viable for large scale use I think. While it may be efficient and produce some energy, the upkeep on a "farm" of these, I would imagine, would be incredibly expensive.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I think this could work....maybe scaled up somewhat though....
The kicker is there is no information on what the OUTPUT may be at any velocity....We need to know far more details I think before passing gas on it....

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   
$30,000 with a 2 year payback = $1,250 a month I think I will shut down my 401k and buy a few if it was true that is and I for one don't believe their math.

If true I could see them everywhere I live
edit on 29-12-2014 by mikell because: Spelling

(post by Quitlio removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Pretty cool.

But what if a bird or squirrel wants to move in? Kind of confusing for the critters. LoL!

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Well I've thought of those kinetic sculptures with tiny moving parts, that are gorgeous and bird friendly as a way of generating wind power, but with some of the breakthroughs, in solar, and solar film, it may be possible to create a moving, supple sculpture akin to leaves, that are both wind and solar combined.

top topics

join