It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NC Officer Thwarts NYPD-Style Assassination Attempt ...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   

A Durham, NC police officer sitting in a parked car saved his own life Thursday night by catching the approach of two men in his squad car’s rear-view mirror.

The officer exited his vehicle to confront the pair, when one of the would-be assassins opened fire without saying a word

The attempted assassination mimicked the tactics used to murder NYPD officers Rafael Ramos and Wenjian Liu on December 20.
Media Nearly Silent After NC Cop Thwarts NYPD-Style Assassination Attempt

OBSERVATION: Some-Evidence FOR ... "Media Nearly Silent" ???

Copyright 2014 by Capitol Broadcasting Company. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Durham police officer, man exchange gunfire

( for the benefit-of-doubt: maybe they are unaware of the limitations they've placed on their news releases )

-
I've read about instances where a fire (or other situation) is intentionlly started followed by a call to 911 ... while Laying-n-Waiting.

DISCLOSURE:

In My Neck-o-the-Woods ...

Local-Officers WILL be Support'd-n-Defend'd.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: FarleyWayne

Perhaps the media learned about copycat killers and doesn't want a repeat.

edit on 11Mon, 29 Dec 2014 11:30:22 -0600America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago12 by Greven because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Seems to be a trend.....

(CNN) -- Two Los Angeles police officers were shot at Sunday night while they drove their patrol car in the southern part of the city, police said. The officers returned fire, authorities said, and no one was injured.

One suspect was arrested and two weapons, including a rifle, were recovered. Another remains at large, prompting a manhunt that lasted for hours and involved about 100 officers, LAPD Capt. Lillian Carranza said.

Officers shot at in Florida and Los Angeles

I bet the Feds would love to just "take over" all local police forces.

Hmmm.

Obama seeks more federal oversight of military equipment for police

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Greven

Nah, they love to blare the "psycho with a gun" headline. It didn't stop them with all the school shootings, don't know why they'd be silent now. So far, the narrative has been kinda one sided. "Cops are bad". "Cops are over aggressive" so to show there really are some out there gunning for them, doesn't make them look so bad after all.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Is this really a thing? Is the civilian population actually trying to instigate a war with our government?

That Mad Max prediction is looking more and more feasible as time goes on. Hopefully the new year brings cooler heads in all this.

I teach my children the cops are the good guys. My boys want to be cops when they are older. I can't imagine teaching them anything else! Other than the police are there to protect and serve. This country is going to hell in hand basket!

CdT

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Seems to be a trend.....

Mr. Friend-Xuenchen,

It would appear that you are more-correct ... than not:

Los Angeles on Tactical Alert After
Two People Fire at Patrol Car

-
STRONG-OPINION: Citizens Should Be ... On-Alert.

edit on 29-12-2014 by FarleyWayne because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Durham is "The Dirty D" for a reason. This just exemplifies it. I'm glad the officer was able to react before it was too late, though. Way to maintain the 360-degree bubble

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   
How easily we are all manipulated. Our enemy yesterday, is our friend today, and our enemy today, is our friend tomorrow.

Thesis, antithesis, synthesis.

edit on 12/29/2014 by Klassified because: re-word

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Just happened in Florida too

www.abcactionnews.com...

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: TorqueyThePig

Leave your sniper light off for a while, yea?

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Well, good show that officer!

The thing is, it is perfectly obvious that there is something wrong with some officers in the US, and indeed with the system which allows them to get away with things that would see normal citizens taken off the street, put in cages, and shipped half way across the state to some of the most over crowded prisons in the western world.

However, the correct answer to that, is not to just take up arms, and hunt and kill officers, willy nilly. The fact is, that the laws which govern their conduct need to be tightened, and enforced, if serious abuses of power are to become rarer than they are currently. This MUST happen. There can be no justification for an officer keeping his job and his liberty after killing an unarmed man, no matter how big, or how scary that individual may be, and while incidents of that sort continue to happen, with little to no action being taken against the officers responsible then things are going to get out of hand.

While ire and rage are utterly understandable in these situations, they are not solving the problem, indeed, they are the root cause of the problem. It is the insecurity, fear, and rage of those police officers who have violated their oaths and killed unarmed citizens, which began these horrid events, and for people to allow that rage to transfer to them, for people to carry the very cause of these incidents in their hearts, while shouting blue murder at the sky about the incidents themselves is MADNESS!

It must not go on. Put that rage where it belongs, with the prosecutors who refuse to do their duty and try these officers for their wrongdoings, leave it at the doors of the Mayor, and the Cheifs of Police for the areas concerned! These are the places where that rage belongs, and nothing will change by way of expended lead, and people in uniform lying in expanding pools of their own vital fluids. This is not the way.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

You're exact words "There can be no justification for an officer keeping his job and his liberty after killing an unarmed man, no matter how big, or how scary that individual may be."

So if this officer was able to shoot and kill this suspect she should lose her job and be arrested? Do you truly believe that deadly force is not justified in a situation like this?

How is that fair? She had to have facial reconstruction surgery and was lucky to have survived.

You do realize that even if a person is "unarmed" they can kill you right? You do realize people are killed with hands, and feet all the time right?

How you could believe something like that is beyond me.

edit on 29-12-2014 by TorqueyThePig because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Yes, because clearly, THIS incident is an absolutely perfect example of the context in which I made the comments I have made, and is clearly the precise sort of situation I meant....

NOT!

The officer in the video you showed just then, was actually being attacked, seriously attacked when she shot that man. That has NOT been the case in any of the recent incidents that have spawned this wave of outrage, and therefore the video and its contents are not relevant to the issue at hand. The fact is, that in the scenarios which have caused the public outcry, the victims were NOT posing a threat to an officers life, and in one circumstance the victim was three times further away than hand to hand combat range when shot.

Lets keep it strictly relevant shall we? You will note that I said "No matter how big, or how scary that individual may be.". At no time did I say that an officer who is under serious and definite assault should refrain from killing their assailant to save their own lives.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   

If you have to go to this sort of extreme to come up with an example to support your argument, then your argument doesn't have a leg to stand on.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Monger

It's an extreme example, yes. But there are a multitude of reasons why an officer would be justified in using elevated force against an unarmed individual. Just because this video is grotesque doesn't make it any less true.

Standing there looking big and scary is not one of those reasons though. Talking trash while being big and scary isn't one either. Driving while black is also not a reason. So while Torquey is correct, so is True. Signals were crossed, imo.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

I misunderstood your post.

That is definitely my fault.

Free for you from me.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Monger

I did misinterpret his post.

That being said, I guess that means protestors whom are protesting against the police in regards to cases like Garner and Brown have no leg to stand on either.

I mean since those cases are extreme examples and are surely not the norm.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   

No worries.

Rest assured, I would never suggest that a police officer has no right to discharge their weapon when there is a clear threat to their lives.

For clarities sake, and for the sake of anyone who remains confused by what I said, the crucial aspect in recent events, is that people who posed NO actual threat to officers, have died by shooting, and by application of holds designed to cause unconsciousness. For these incidents, there is no justification. The size of the victim is not relevant, the attitude of the victim is not relevant, the compliance of the victim is not relevant. The only matter of relevance here, is that not a single one of the cases which has caused genuine outrage, involves a victim who actually presented a clear danger to the officer who fired the shot, or applied the hold.

Armed suspects, they get what they get, and should know better than to commit crimes using force or the threat thereof. Persons who launch furious physical assaults against officers, also ought to expect to get shot for their trouble. However, those who are not armed, are not within close combat range of officers, and as such pose no threat, should NOT expect to die, should NOT have to be in fear of their lives.

new topics

top topics

join