It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BTS: Avatar Creations 2015

page: 83
<< 80  81  82    84  85  86 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: cody599

when temp starts to climb, 800mg Ibuprofin is my first line of attack. If i don't start to sweat from fever breaking in about an hour, i throw another 1000mg Acetominophin at it. If that doesn't work, i should be in the hospital anyway.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Poor Cody !
I always try to avoid using medicine to get fever down, as long as my health allows. Fever is there for a reason and doing its job

Get well soon Cody !

a reply to: Ektar
Thank you Ektar ! There is time for everything and i am sure you catch up soon

edit on 11-5-2015 by dollukka because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 04:32 AM
link   
a reply to: dollukka

Thanks dollukka

Fever broke in the early hours so I'm all better now

Cody

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Well, have a beer mate! Get your fluid levels back up where they should be. The secret is to drink until your pee is colorless. Great Aussie remedy.

P

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 07:14 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

Ahh yes beer the Australian chicken soup LOL

I'll have one as soon as I get home from work mate, and then I dare say a couple more.

Cody

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

That would just delay the inevitable BFFT

More importantly I just saw you've got some crazy weather heading your way, stay safe man and remember, unless it's to save a family member....................No heroics.

Cody

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   

The good news: i sleep in the basement of my house. Houses with basements are very, very rare in this community (i only know of 1 other, although I am sure there are a few more). The ground is miserable to dig through, with all the caliche and limestone.

But if a twister comes, we still have the basement to take refuge in. Although the real risk is still hail.

One thing for sure: no matter what, we never curse the rain.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   

I should've known LOL

But what is still hail ? C'mon man you know I don't speak Eglish

Cody

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Still, as in continues to be. Hail....frozen balls of death thrown from the heavens.. although you know the last bit. Lol

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 03:06 PM
link   

If we see hail much bigger than a frozen pea we all run out to look at it LOL Not so much a rain of death, more a source of amusement.

Hail here is just a pain the backside

And it very rarely lasts more than a few minutes, it's all very boring in the UK LOL

Cody

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   

In June 1992 we had a macroburst in my small hometown of Coahoma, TX (home of Quail Dobbs, for all you rodeo fans, as well as the current home for the head coach from West Virginia University, strangely enough). Trees were uprooted, roofs ripped off of homes, and softball sized hail carried by 120mph winds. When they hit, it was like Nolan Ryan was throwing a fastball at you. The next door neighbors cow was beaten to death by them. We could hear the cow screaming as it was pelted by hailstones at first, but it only took a few moments before we didn't hear anymore from him. My dad was a roofer at that time, so we made a killing that summer.

A few years later, in May 1996 a very similar storm hit the town I was living in at that time. Softball sized hail, 100mph winds. What was supposed to be a "once in a lifetime" storm was repeated only 4 years later.

That is why when people talk about "Global Warming" and how it will make the weather more severe and unpredictable, i am fairly skeptical. The weather from where I am living is far more mild and predictable than it was in the 90's. Never since then have I seen a hail stone that could hit a car and sheer through the steel. Nor have I seen hail stones break through the roof and bounce into your living room. On those 2 nights, however, i saw both.
edit on 5/11/2015 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 08:26 PM
link   

I love watching mother nature at her awesome best. Thank the Lord, she only occasionally shows off.

P

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Hi guys I made these for Giraffegirl (bally001's duaghter)

Thought I'd share them here as well

Cody

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Thats really awesome! I like it!

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: cody599

If we see hail much bigger than a frozen pea we all run out to look at it LOL Not so much a rain of death, more a source of amusement.

Hail here is just a pain the backside

And it very rarely lasts more than a few minutes, it's all very boring in the UK LOL

Cody

Pouf.
2nd - Still a Pouf!

That's my back step about 3 weeks ago. (Not quite softballs, but at least the size of softmints!!! LOL)
G

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: OpinionatedB

Thanks OB I thought a little humour might help

a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

Yeah

But do live in the wild north mate, all fried Mars bars and haggis

Didn't you know we're all a bunch of shandy drinking softies down here LOL

Cody

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 03:17 PM
link   

this is from last week, within a few miles of where I live:

edit on 5/12/2015 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

edit on 5/12/2015 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 04:03 PM
link   

It's hell on earth for us too

Cody

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 05:37 PM
link   

I just wanted to point out to you and Cody, that here in America when we say hail we mean it..

As for tornado's, my sister was actually in Oklahoma for the F5 that went through back in 1999.(she lived in Chickasaw at the time - a suburb of Oklahoma City) It was crazy stuff because it went right through her neighborhood, she and her kids were in the basement taking cover, and when it was over she went outside to look at the damage.

I say crazy because the houses on either side of my sisters were destroyed.. but my sisters house was in (relative) tact. What happened was the tornado had picked up off the ground long enough not to hurt her house.. and then when it touched back down it hit the house on the other side of hers, leaving hers unmolested with the exception of needing a few repairs.

It still amazes me.. her entire street was leveled, and her house the only one left standing..
edit on 12-5-2015 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: OpinionatedB

i lived in Midwest City as a kid. A brand new subdivision at the time. Yards hadn't grown in yet. We moved away back in 79, but lived on Spitz Street. That subdivision was levelled in that same tornado.

new topics

top topics

<< 80  81  82    84  85  86 >>

join