It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BTS: Avatar Creations 2015

page: 77
<< 74  75  76    78  79  80 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: OpinionatedB

I will save you the utter shock and horror over never having cooked bacon. Instead....some ideas:

- if frying, put the bacon in a cold pan and turn on the heat to med high. cook and flip, flip and cook until done.

- baking it gives the best results. Line a cookie sheet with parchment or paper towel. Lay the bacon in flat and back on 375 for about 15 minutes, give or take. Don't pull it out till its done. Don't overload the oven...put the bacon in the center so the walls don't make it start to scorch on the outside pieces

- Use the baking recipe from above, but instead of putting the bacon on the parchment, you will lay it on a cooling rack set on top of the parchment. But first....put some brown sugar on a paper plate. Add in a pinch of cayenne. Get your bacon all separated into individual pieces, then put a very light coating of brown mustard on it. Very light. Then dip in the brown sugar until you have a nice, even coating of brown sugar on the bacon. Lay gently on the cooling rack that you have on the cookie sheet, and bake for about 15-20 minutes. It may start to smell scorched...that is the sugar that dripped off....as long as the bacon is good, you are good. This is how you make candied bacon. WARNING: making too big a batch of this could potentially unravel the universe. It is a level of sin that hasn't been seen since the casting out of satan. You were warned.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

hahaha... Okay!

I will try that! Thank you!

PS.. question...what dishes do you put the candied bacon with..? What kind of a meal does it go with?
edit on 30-4-2015 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: cody599

originally posted by: sled735
a reply to: cody599

There is a member here (I don't know his username) that posted this on my f/b page. I said I'd share it with you guys because you are the BEST!
I hope I'm not breaking any rules by doing this... just trying to help out my friend.
If this needs to be removed I'm sure BFFT will take care of it.

I am looking for someone to come up with a new Picture or banner for my show for Conspiracy radio. When you come up with a Banner or Picture for the show please message it to me in private or email it to me at [email protected] The person's Banner that is picked will get a prize!! good luck everyone!! Contest ends 5/5/2015

Here is his Face Book link: www.facebook.com...

Hi Sled good to see you again

Do you have the parameters, sizes etc. It would be easier if said member came here and asked us directly with a few ideas to toss around, we all could help each other, we don't work for prizes or reward, just for fun and because we're all friends here.

Just a thought to help your friend get the very best of us.

Cody

I'll let him know. Thanks.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Candied bacon makes for the best hamburger night of your life. Alternately, you can just stuff them in your mouth and have an overload of pure pleasure. But that is kind of like looking God in the face, and you might not survive it.

If you do a candied bacon burger night....try aioli with it:

- 1/2 c mayo
- zest and juice of 1 lime
- 1 tbl chili powder (fancy light most likely, if you can get ancho use it instead)
- 1 or 2 cloves of garlic

Mix until it is combined and refrigerate for about an hour before using. It makes for a nice french fry ketchup replacement, and is outstanding on a burger.

ETA: i just described last nights supper, actually. I make my burgers with really thin sliced yellow onion and tomato (i use a mandolin slicer to get it really thin and consistent), and used havarti cheese since its readily available, mild, and melts nicely.
edit on 4/30/2015 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Awesome! I'll give that a shot next hamburger night!

Thank you so much BFFT.. the bacon came out really nice tonight!
And OMG the BLT's were so so so good.. that tasted so good!

lol.. now I know why good bacon is 5 and 6 dollars a pound!

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 07:06 PM
link   

oh yeah, don't buy anything but the thick sliced.

and don't be afraid to try different kinds. Applewood smoked is my favorite, preferrably the kind cured in apple cider. Maple is only good for breakfast. I like black forest bacon quite a bit, its an uncured, applewood smoked variety we have available here.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 09:53 PM
link   

WOW I never bloody heard of baked bacon...

I will be looking forward to trying the mustard-brown-sugar recipe...
I love bacon & you are so correct on not buying the thin crap.

I still can't get over the "Bra - Bling" it is TOO awesome!

I have to leave tomorrow morning & will be back Sunday night.
I hope we do well at the sheep dog trial....

I am looking forward to more help, projects & customers...
Hope everyone has a beautiful weekend!

Cheers
Ektar

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 11:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Ektar

Most "fine dining" and/or catering operations bake their bacon. Its the best way to get it crispy enough to have texture while keeping the pieces flat/straight, and without rendering out too much fat. I think it makes the perfect bacon....you just have to get your timing down for your stove/elevation, and itll be perfect set to a timer.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: OpinionatedB

Hello my Freind.. I am posting this because you said you would give me advice and recipes if I ever wanted.. and I would like everyone's help who is willing, so instead of a message I am saying this here..

I have never cooked bacon, and need to learn how, and would like everyone's recipes.. I have also shared a recipe for any interested party, although I have not tried it, it does sound good.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Hubby wants bacon, and I don't know how to cook it.. !
Its for a good cause!

Hell yeah
I'm half Irish remember, we love cabbage and bacon I kid you not.

Take the god given gift that is bacon I use a hell of a lot more than my granny did) and cut it into little cube type things (lardons)

Chop the hell out of an onion, and whack them both in a pan and fry them off for about 5 minutes.

Bash the crap out of some garlic and add that after then carry on chief for another couple of minutes.

Whilst heaven is waiting cut the cabbage so it's sorta shredded and when ready add it to the pan, stir that baby occasionally for about ten minutes. Add freshly milled pepper to taste and check to see if it needs salt.

Voila Candied bacon it aint, but is bloody good

Also this is bloody lovely Carbonara

Sorry for the late reply, been kinda busy.

Cody

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   

then put a very light coating of brown mustard on it. Very light

I love sharing food with you guys but I have to spend so bloody long on the internet looking for translations into English LOL

Cody

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Thats okay, someone said something to me in Australian recently and I had to figure out exactly what the english was on that!

In the end, all we can do is our best, and hope to God we respond correctly! hahahaha
edit on 1-5-2015 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Do you guys not have brown mustard??? Or is it more than in Europe you guys don't sully the good name of mustard by selling that nasty Yellow Mustard crap?

To be honest, you can use any kind of mustard other than yellow. I like dijon as well for the task. But the more coarse the mustard is, the better the flavor is typically.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Yeah we have that yellow stuff, but what you call brown mustard we call wholegrain, (Just had to check in the fridge for the name), but Dijon is one of my favourites.

A dash of horseradish sauce and some mustard with my roast beef with all the trimmings, heaven on a plate bro, I hope one day to cook it for your family.

Y'all will go

"Who was that English weirdo ?" Damn good meal though LOL

Cody

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 08:16 PM
link   

I'm hungry... lol.. and you said horseradish and now all I can think about is oysters on the half shell with horseradish!

I hope someone wants an avatar again someday! We probably should start working on the weird skeleton guy for Sir..

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 08:32 PM
link   

when you say horseradish, i think prime rib.

I ate at this place in Laramie, WY called The Library that had a legendary 1lb prime rib for $15. Their horseradish was a pure, made on sight concoction that was somehow cured or prepared so it had an almost creamy texture to it. It wasn't a "creamy horseradish sauce"...it was just regular horseradish that was salted and prepared in a way that it was almost like a mix between parmesan cheese and horseradish. The most delicious meat condiment I have ever had outside of a good sesame sauce.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 08:34 PM
link   

when i feel like i need to make something, and no one is here making a request, i make a tshirt. LOL....my wife has had 2 new shirts ordered from CustomInk this week. They are nursing themed shirts for her to wear to work when she doesn't want to wear scrubs.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 09:32 PM
link   

May I direct your attention...

We have a new concept for a contest....and it is open for business
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 07:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

when you say horseradish, i think prime rib.

I ate at this place in Laramie, WY called The Library that had a legendary 1lb prime rib for $15. Their horseradish was a pure, made on sight concoction that was somehow cured or prepared so it had an almost creamy texture to it. It wasn't a "creamy horseradish sauce"...it was just regular horseradish that was salted and prepared in a way that it was almost like a mix between parmesan cheese and horseradish. The most delicious meat condiment I have ever had outside of a good sesame sauce.

Sesame sauce ? That's a new one on me

I know a place near here where wild horseradish grows, it's hotter than the rubbish you buy in the shops, so I make my own sauce , horseradish a bit of yellow mustard powder, pinch of sugar, salt and pepper and a hint of cream to make it all smooth and mouth wateringly good.

I just bought the rib of beef for tomorrow's roast, my butcher is amazing, the meat is top quality aged for at least 35 days and half the price of the supermarkets !!!

Tonight we have Kangaroo steaks and duck, (we just got back from a local farmer's market), I've never tried kangaroo before but Mrs C assures me it's delicious.

Oh to stay on topic............................. Avatar

Cody

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 08:49 AM
link   

any kind of asian sauce with sesame oil in it. I love sesame oil. Passionately.

I have posted the citrus/ginger sesame glaze before, and this version is likely to be slightly different just because that's how i cook.

- Juice 3 grapefruits, 3 tangerines, and 3 lemons. Zest one of each. Place in a sauce pan and bring to a simmer
- add in 1/4c brown sugar, stir to evenly distribute
- add in 1/4c soy sauce, 5 or 6 minced garlic cloves, a pinch of red pepper flakes, and 1/4c sesame oil
- grate in about 2tbl of fresh ginger
- mince about 2tbl of shallot and add in
- reduce by 70%, give or take, until it makes a nice glaze that sticks to the back of a spoon

I use this on anything, but am particularly fond of wings. Just throw some chicken wings in the oven on 350 for about an hour (for a full cookie sheet full of wings, anyway), then toss with this sauce. I dip it in a wasabi sauce that I make using 1c mayo, 1c buttermilk, 1/4c wasabi paste, 2tsp salt, 1/4c minced scallions, and 3-4 minced garlic cloves (or, alternately, if you can make garlic paste omit the salt and just use 1-2tsp garlic paste)

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Tooning

Full..
files.abovetopsecret.com...
i guess i could have done it differently..

new topics

top topics

<< 74  75  76    78  79  80 >>

join