It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BTS: Avatar Creations 2015

page: 69
<< 66  67  68    70  71  72 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I don´t have plugins but i wanted to try something like OB made.. in photoshop

Also recorded an action of it if anyone wish to have it.( send message with email )
It basicly makes new layer desaturates that, find glowing edges and uses shape blur to get it displaced and so on.. so i might fiddle with this a little more...

Poor rabbit..
Action is atm in green.. its easily fixed using hue saturation and colorize marked in displacement layer

And for cartooning.. every picture is different so there isnt really fast way to do it.
few short steps tho,
duplicate layer, threshold so you get nice black lines.. next stylize->diffuse and anistrophic setting ( smooths out lines ) you can reduce noise before using diffuse.
making different selections with separate color ranges adds more cartoonish look.
i know i make no sense ??

edit on 23-4-2015 by dollukka because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: dollukka

That's brilliant dollukka

I just did this in about 2 minutes just had to overlay the original picture and drop the opacity to about 90 % at the end.

From

To

You're a genius

ETA: With the opacity dropped just a bit more

Cody

edit on 23/4/15 by cody599 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

awesome! thank you!

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Ahh very nice! Seriously nice!

Darker images, like dark dark grey to nearly black.. don't do quite as well in the fractalius plug-in - I think perhaps because the plug in seems to pull from already existing colors.. so it is going to be more effective with some stuff than it will others..being able to work around not having the plug in will be nice for people without it- as much as it will be able to add something to darker pieces even with the plug in..

I'll take your advice on cartooning... I think that is probably going to be the next thing I begin to learn...!

edit on 23-4-2015 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: cody599

Someday Cody someone is going to come along with a request such as:

"I would like you to make me a scene where a kid is reading a book, and an UFO crash lands in the field where the kid is reading, and a warlock and a dragon leaps out of his book and defeats the evil aliens.. saving the planet!"

and we will be able to say... "Oh that? No problem just give me a couple hours and I will have it to you!"

lol.. someday..

edit on 23-4-2015 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: OpinionatedB

You know what OB ?

With the combined talent here we could already handle that LOL Oh by the way when I woke up I thought I saw a u2u from you, when I got to work it wasn't there

Or was I still asleep ?

Cody

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 02:01 PM
link   

I took the Rabbit & Uploaded it for 2016 Avatar Project...it has become the First Candidate in the running for 2016 Avatar Profile!!!

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   

You are correct about all our talents combined!

As far as U2U... don't think I sent you one that you haven't read.. I'd say we are good!

I am probably gonna disappear for a few days, after today.. I have a lot to do plus I just picked up a little over a bushel of potatoes so I need to put all but about 15 or so pounds of it up...so I have some work to do for sure!

but just so everyone knows in advance.. I'm just fine!

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 02:43 PM
link   

What i know is most of those commercial plugs actually uses photoshop build in filters in different combinations. I believe that fractalius itself uses shape blur, custom shapes which are designed for that. Does it make separate layers where the fractal itself is, if it does it would be easy to change color?
Or just fractal layer without background? then hue saturation with colorize marked would do that..

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   

You and Cody.. let set a challenge on that ! I am sure you can both do that !

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   

I just picked up a little over a bushel of potatoes so I need to put all but about 15 or so pounds of it up.

Huh ? What language are you speaking, and where did you put OB ?

Cody

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 02:47 PM
link   

French fries?

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: dollukka

You and Cody.. let set a challenge on that ! I am sure you can both do that !

I'm up for that..........................as soon as the kidnapper releases OB

Or OB returns from planet Zog, whichever happens first, but yeah if OB is up for it, I am as well.

Cody

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   

French fries?

Buggered if I know

Last bush I heard of was burning with Moses standing in front of it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cody

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 02:52 PM
link   

lol.... men!

"put up" means canning as a general rule, but can apply to freezing as well.. a "bushel" is about 50 pounds (I'd say I got about 60-70 pounds, hence the little more than in the sentence).. potatoes are just that... lol..

manly men.. can't live with 'em cant live without 'em!

hahaha

And dollukka.. yes.. we will be eating baked potatoes, french fries, fried potatoes (with biscuits and gravy), mashed potatoes and many many other forms of potatoes...

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   

I only cook fish and meatballs.. kitchen is Hubby´s paradise and i am a guinea pig. I bake tho... but that is not food he says

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 03:03 PM
link   

It's OK I looked it up

Apparently you are speaking something called A Merry Can, the whole bushel thing was quite fascinating to read, if a tad confusing at first.

So in English you have a sack of spuds to sort out I do believe

French fries being chips over here, and chips being what we call crisps, I'll be saying Y'all at work soon at this rate LOL

Cody

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 03:06 PM
link   

I only cook fish and meatballs.. kitchen is Hubby´s paradise and i am a guinea pig. I bake tho... but that is not food he says

Heretic I say......................Baking is food...............................if you're a girl LOL

Bacon and cheese muffins, the ultimate crossover between the two worlds...........mmmmmmmmmmmmmm bacon

Cody

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Ohh its definitely food! Your hubby doesn't know what's good for him I say! Nothing beats homemade breads and rolls and of course who can live without the occasional cake or muffin??

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Home made bread is heaven OB

I'm picking up the ingredients for your soup on Saturday, that'll be served with home made bread, about a bushel of bread LOL

Cody

edit on 23/4/15 by cody599 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 66  67  68    70  71  72 >>

join