It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stupid Cops...?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
a reply to: smurfy

Well. This just got wildly off topic.

I was replying to statements already made by you and others, and proper police enforcement in general and body cams in particular. So why pick me out as if off topic? Page saved.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Because I don't know how to reply to multiple people in one answer

Also, I see a bit of a difference between discussing a case in general terms and going off in a rant about specific evidence and "why did he do this and not that" using words like "fecking" to dodge T&C.
edit on 29-12-2014 by Shamrock6 because: Eta and such

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I agree.

As a police officer and a human I judge an individual by their own actions.

Just like anyone else, I don't like to be generalized, judged and blanketly hated.

All I ask is the same in return.

I know there are bad cops that need to be brought to justice and changes that need to be made in every branch of the government.

That being said, I don't want to be held accountable for the actions of another individual who lives on the opposite side of the country.

Judge me for me.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   

a reply to: InverseLookingGlass

Nothing you've said pertains to anything I said. At all. The entire point of the OP is that the hate speech and personal insults need to stop.

Thank you for your input

Everything I said is on point. It has nothing to do with the trifling OP about personal insults and you getting your feelings hurt. For the record, The truth is screaming at US citizens. The justice system and it's network of operatives are illegitimate. They go to work daily and violate the oath and in the process of trashing the US Constitution and natural law, they render the whole system based on "trustworthy" police illegitimate.
edit on 29-12-2014 by InverseLookingGlass because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Because I don't know how to reply to multiple people in one answer

Also, I see a bit of a difference between discussing a case in general terms and going off in a rant about specific evidence and "why did he do this and not that" using words like "fecking" to dodge T&C.

Show me how 'Feck' dodges T&C. Feck means nothing other than the context it is used in.
Apart from that, your added lines are incorrect. No one went off on a rant, and I was answering someone who was making presumptions about what a body camera WOULD have shown had there been a body camera used, that's an impossibility. You should have known that, but let it ride. Great stuff!

edit on 29-12-2014 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: TorqueyThePig
I agree.

As a police officer and a human I judge an individual by their own actions.

Just like anyone else, I don't like to be generalized, judged and blanketly hated.

All I ask is the same in return.

I know there are bad cops that need to be brought to justice and changes that need to be made in every branch of the government.

That being said, I don't want to be held accountable for the actions of another individual who lives on the opposite side of the country.

Judge me for me.

I could agree with all that, I see what you say, and that's refreshing.

edit on 29-12-2014 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   

edit on 29-12-2014 by smurfy because: ??

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: InverseLookingGlass

Thank you again for your completely off topic rant. Perhaps you should create your own thread about your feelings. I think its the plus sign at the top of the page.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6
To be honest, I think youre actually an intelligient person, and I didnt know you were a cop.

I said you were PLAYING dumb.

Like with this thread youre PLAYING the victim.

Well played.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Tucket

Victim? Who's playing the victim? Who's a victim? I'm playing the stop with personal attacks and insults hurled at people who chose a profession guy. I don't feel like a victim. I feel like it's pathetic when somebody has to attack somebody on a personal level because of their career. Or their political views. Or because they're left handed. Pretty sure we're all here to discuss issues. Don't think anybody comes here to get attacked because of their job.

Well played indeed.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   
That's great. Glad to hear you gave him a break. You were within the law to do something. All the debates lately though are about the ones violating laws. Not being held accountable. Uphold constitutional rights and our civil liberties while doing your job and you have my respect. By the way i have some people i know, i would not call them friends as i do not respect them that are police. They do what they want. When i confront them on it. They laugh and say i got a get out of jail free card. a reply to: Shamrock6

edit on 29-12-2014 by roth1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

You're "interpreting" what I said in a manner that suits your own ideas.

Ditto.

You are clarifying some of what you said now, thank you very much.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Closed to allow for a bit of a cooling off....

Terms and Conditions of Use--Please Review

Community Announcement re: Decorum

Go After the Ball, Not the Player!

We expect civility and decorum within all topics.

Reopening, but....

The personal attacks, jabs and bickering have ended.
Should anyone continue along that path, posts will be removed....with the possibility of temporary Posting Bans.

**Do not reply to this post.**
edit on Mon Dec 29 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 08:59 PM
link   
I'll say this, if there was a politician that was abusing their power and other politicians knew of this and kept their mouths shut....(I believe you cops would call this aiding and abetting?) wouldn't that be ilegal? I would be in some serious legal & financial woes for the aforementioned. Cops do this crap all the time and rarely, if ever, are held accountable. You are guilty by association...I don't care to discuss it. One bad cop in a hundred? How many people are aware of the behaviors of that one cop? Sexual assault? Planting evidence, confiscation of people's property (to protect their straight up ilegal ethics.) So thank you Mr. Officer for allowing what is most likely someone who does drink and drive just by his poor lack of respect to the law, to go scott free.

I have a childhood friend who's father was very high in the dept, I have current people I know/are friends with who currently are on the force and you know what...screw them. Until you all start turning in your own and fix this mess you made...YOU are part of one of the worst situations Americas evern known. I know a FEW whackos have gotten there grubby hands on guns and have ruined it for MILLIONS. Same goes here except it's not a crazed gunman every few months or years...it's multiple news worthy stories a week.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Hr2burn

You're referring to the guy sitting in a parked vehicle who's wife drove him home, I think? I hardly think not jamming this guy up, and then him taking heed and not driving any more that night compares to other recent incidents. Will he DUI again? Drive while revoked? Yea, probably. But he didn't that night. We can't follow him around the rest of his life. Even had we arrested him, he would've bonded out, been free till trial, done some time, gotten out, and been free to DUI and drive revoked again.

As I said, had he driven so much as out of the parking spot we were ready to pull him out and hit him with DUI, driving while revoked, and so on.

I'm pretty positive that had we pulled him out and arrested him for being in a parked vehicle, people would complain about that as well. Danged if you do, danged if you don't, eh? The same people who scream about cops going overboard are often the same ones that scream when a cop doesn't.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   
The big problem I have, is when the good cops sit on the side lines watching the bad cops abuse people. If the good cops are willing to allow the bad to abuse people badly, than I don't look at the good cops as being any better than the bad cops.

There will always be that bad alfa cop that most of the good cops follow. And not to cause problems in the department,, the good cops will turn a cheek to the abuse and keep their mouths shut.

If you really want to be a good cop, than you need to step up to the ones who are bad.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 09:50 PM
link   
All I can simply say is thank you, and thank you, and thank you. Thank you for caring, thank you for being more than fair, for being good, merciful, undserstanding, and decent. Thank you for being the kind of officer I was brought up to believe in, and thank you for being an right and true example of good in the world, not just in your profession, but in your behavior as a human being.

Thank you again, may your service be fruitful, safe, and your never betrayed.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 01:09 AM
link   
My feeling, not an entirely informed opinion mind you, is that the laws are written such that cops are forced to trap more people into incarceration (into the money making prison or penalty system).

To the OP, is that a fair assessment?

Add to that the federal involvement into training local enforcement into treating people like terrorists along with military style equipment and you see where we are at. The system doesn't reward the community involved cops.

Just my opinion.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: thepixelpusher

Most laws are written by politicians to give themselves something to point to when the time comes for re-election.

Did you know there are four states where you can legally copulate with a dead body, but oral copulation is against the law? Crap like that has nothing to do with filling up prisons. It has everything to do with a legislator getting a "bright idea" and being able to convince enough of his peers to go along with it.

There's any number of reasons somebody can get time taken off their sentence, be it prison or jail, where I'm at. One could reasonably argue that it's actually fairly easy to fet time taken off your sentence if you play your cards right. If the idea were to keep people maxing out their sentences, I don't think you'd see those programs.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Propulsion

I think this sentiment was addressed a page or two ago. Point is well made, well taken, and already responded to.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join