It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interesting Janet flight (12/19/2014)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Janet 334 12/19/2014

Janet 334 tracklog

Based on routing, this should have been a flight between the Tonopah Test Range and Groom Lake. But when you look at the tracking, the flight takes place over a restricted air space in California and a nearby MOA (Military Operationg Area, but not restricted). The flight track log has some wicked climbs and dives.

This could be the wrong track for Janet 344, but I will try to verify if a Janet was in the air in California at the time.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Seems a bit to much, in one minute it went from 19,000 feet to 9,000, then back up to 19,000. thats one hell of a climb rate, and descent. Unless its a fighter jet, or something making those maneuvers. Maybe the info is missing a digit, lol.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: gariac

Wow, that flight had a high pucker factor!

Hope they had a good supply of airbags.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Interestingly it lies out to an area of Southern California where there seemingly isn't anything. However a little to the east of there, a Unknown Object did crash right outside needles along the river there. Military helicopters were seen caring it away a few minutes later. Witnesses say it was glowing blueish. Maybe they are testing something over in that area still. Why a Janet flight though I don't know. Unless it was masquerading as a janet flight. Or they are recruiting their jets and putting equipment on them to test in that area and they want the aircraft to not look unusual where its at. But again why there?

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

Hey BASS, where'd you read about that object being recovered? That sounds awfully curious indeed.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Interesting!

First, if you mean the daily flights out of Las Vegas to Area 51 (now Nevada Test Site), aren't they called "Janus" and not Janet/Janice?

www.merriam-webster.com...
JANUS
"A Roman god that is identified with doors, gates, and all beginnings and that is depicted with two opposite faces." (Read down to "Rhymes with JANUS" for more oddness.)

I have read that some military Spec Ops are actively looking for underground malicious aliens, and military planes (possibly even Janus) are being equipped with ever-more sensitive equipment. Although most crashed ET-craft end up at S-4 in the NTS anyway, or in storage south of Boulder, Colorado. So maybe they were looking/scanning for certain energies associated with the crashed disc.

OR one of the military branches had "borrowed" a Janus Airlines plane, so they could scan/scavenge the crash site without arousing suspicion. (Which it did anyway.)

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: parad0x122

Sadly I learned about that one on UFO Hunters.

Did a whole episode where they had multiple witnesses all say that a few years ago they watched a glowing blue cylinder crash into the the banks along the river outside of Needles CA around 3am. Said that 20 minutes later a bunch of chinhooks came in an lifted it out and flew off with it still glowing. Said it definitely looked military in origin.

They thought they could find the crash sight by looking for fire damage but didn't find anything that would correlate.

One of the witnesses was the ex head of police for LAX.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: MKMoniker

Nope its JANET, they even have a wiki :-P

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   

What boggles me is the sudden altitude change at that one point. Looks to me like the sensors or the info got corrupted but is it even possible they were doing those kinda crazy dives in a 737?

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: parad0x122

Here's the story:

ufos.about.com...
UFO CRASH IN NEEDLES, CALIFORNIA

Another credible site to research UFO crashes is this:

www.ufoevidence.org...
UFO EVIDENCE

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: gfad

"Nope its JANET, they even have a wiki :-P"

It may be JANET now, but is was originally JANUS:

www.abovetopsecret.com...
(2005) AREA 51 A LOT CLEARER NOW IN GOOGLE EARTH, LOOKS LIKE AN UPDATED IMAGE
From third post: "I can make out some F-16's, some helicopters of some sort and some 737 (the Janus flights I would assume) "

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: MKMoniker
a reply to: gfad

"Nope its JANET, they even have a wiki :-P"

It may be JANET now, but is was originally JANUS:

(2005) AREA 51 A LOT CLEARER NOW IN GOOGLE EARTH, LOOKS LIKE AN UPDATED IMAGE
From third post: "I can make out some F-16's, some helicopters of some sort and some 737 (the Janus flights I would assume) "

It has been Janet ever since the Desert Rat days. That ATS post is wrong.

At one time, Key Air/Airline/??? had the contract, so it might have been something before Janet, but never Janus.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I like the theory that something else was flying with a Janet callsign. The callsign is not a designation of a type of plane, since they can be 737s or Beechcraft.

The FAA filters the feed used by these tracking websites, but they don't always get it right.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 03:38 PM
link   

"It has been Janet ever since the Desert Rat days. That ATS post is wrong. At one time, Key Air/Airline/??? had the contract, so it might have been something before Janet, but never Janus."

I respectfully disagree. A quick search of past ATS discussions and a general web-search have revealed multiple other references to "JANUS Airlines" out of Las Vegas with daily flights to Area 51:

(2006) AREA 51 VIDEO FOOTAGE
From OP: "Anyway, this is an Area 51 documentary filmed by a European film crew. They have footage of Janus jets taking off from Vegas en route to Nellis..."

______beforeitsnews/power-elite/2012/03/researcher-finds-proof-of-area-51-us-flying-saucers-1936964.html
(2012) RESEARCHER FINDS PROOF OF AREA 51 FLYING SAUCERS
"(Fired researcher Bob) Lazar also claims that retrieved alien craft are housed there, and teams of scientists and engineers are flown into Area-51 and S-4 daily by Janus Airlines (contracted to the USAF through Nellis AFB). (Photo of) Area-51 workers boarding Janus at McCarran Airport, Las Vegas."

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I believe I remember reading in some thread on the aviation forums here that the AF is perfecting a new pod or doohicky that basically fools radar into thinking you are just about any other aircraft you want them to think you are. Maybe they were testing it on some fighter jet and since they didn't want to be pretending to be US Air (or worse Malaysia Air) while testing the thing out they impersonate Janet since they are also Govt. But obviously not a military jet.

Maybe the janet pilot got word that NASA was hiring pilots for the Vomit Comet and went "hell that pays way better!!!" I'm getting my practice in and trying out in May for the job!"

I just don't see why Janet would need to ferry crew and contractors out there but not land. Maybe they jumped with chutes? But then what. There doesn't appear to be anything there to do once you land.
edit on 29-12-2014 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

Maybe they recruited janet to test a device that would go inside commercial aircraft that would do sig int. They put some dude out there in the desert and janet plays find the needle in the haystack. Pretty nefarious to put something like that in a commercial plane, but you never know.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   

"Maybe they jumped with chutes? But then what. There doesn't appear to be anything there to do once you land."

The Naval Research Center in Ridgecrest, California, does research with parachutes. Were they jumping out in that general area?

sccoos.ucsd.edu...
CHINA LAKE - NORTH RANGES

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Nope a good distance south from China Lake. But, it does appear to have happened just south of a nature reserve and just north of 29 Palms. SO maybe something associated with 29 Palms?

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 12:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: BASSPLYR

Nope a good distance south from China Lake. But, it does appear to have happened just south of a nature reserve and just north of 29 Palms. SO maybe something associated with 29 Palms?

There is a MLAT facility at 29 Palms.
Saab MLAT
Specific data to 29 Palms MLAT
edit on 30-12-2014 by gariac because: typo

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Feel free to disagree with me. Howver, the callsign is Janet. I've heard it on the scanner plenty of times. Well at least since 1998.

Janet Airlines Wiki

Janet scanner audio at the bottom of this page

Janet Airlines in the Desert Rat newslettet

So somebody screwed up on ATS and called it JANUS nearly a decade ago, and you plan on sticking to that story?

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 08:54 AM
link   

As gariac said, it was always Janet. Always.

There is a reason for that. The base commander who was in charge of Area 51 from 1969 to 1971 introduced the Janet call sign for the commuter transport flights. He named them after his wife. I have corresponded with his son, who shared some interesting documentation from his father's career with the CIA.

Key Air was contracted to provide commuter transport service from Nellis AFB to Tonopah Test Range in the 1980s. It did not service Groom Lake.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join