It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you want to get more out of ATS? Become a Writer, Fighter or Scholar!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Above Top Secret is a lively community and its forums provide much content for the interested reader and poster, but there is more to be gained for members wishing to delve deeper into debates, research or writing. Becoming a Writer, Fighter or Scholar will provide you access to certain forums in which you are able to engage in projects ranging from collaborative writing to organised debates and research.

The titles of Writer, Fighter and Scholar distinguish the specific members of these forums, but the terms and their representations seem to remain relatively obscure to both veteran members and newcomers alike.

Being a Fighter allows one to engage in organised debates with others, while being a Writer allows one to conduct (collaborative) writing. Being a Scholar provides one the opportunity to engage in research projects with other members. While there currently seems to be a general lack of action in these forums, it is well worth checking out and being a part of. Especially if the forums can be revitalised as a result.

If you are interested in becoming a Writer, Fighter or Scholar, you should click the following links and read the requirements, before contacting a moderator and requesting acceptance.

Writer:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Fighter:

Scholar:

I hope this helps for all members looking to get more out of ATS. I know being involved helps make for a richer site, community and experience.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 03:28 AM
link   
I am none of the above.
I wpnder if they will give me the title chief primate? .

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 03:28 AM
link   
I am none of the above.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 03:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
I am none of the above.

It's worth checking out.

You could give yourself the title of 'chief primate' by editing your custom title.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 03:33 AM
link   
a reply to: daaskapital

Huzzah!!!
Cheers.
Maybe we could nominate others to get the titles I am not worthy.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 04:08 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

Eh ?? Your the Monkey King .. everyone knows .. though we could hold a contest to get you your own a.t.s title ..
edit on 29/12/14 by Expat888 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 04:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Expat888

Alas if only but monkey king I can not be because MOnkey from monkey magic holds that position.
Funkyest monkey that ever popped! .

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 05:08 AM
link   

a reply to: Expat888

Alas if only but monkey king I can not be because MOnkey from monkey magic holds that position.
Funkyest monkey that ever popped! .

Nah the dude from Monkey Magic is old, and only plays the part n ow for public things.

However, a young, fit, shiny monkey.. Oo

Is only outdone my a smart fitting Imp.

Now fetch me a banana. I await my banana wine post haste lol

*beats bananas into a jar, and waits 3 days*

-- eta, I think I may have included my cod4 personality into my ats personality, hey they both drink lots of wine, so wino not;

edit on 29-12-2014 by sn0rch because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I wondered how I got the title of writer. I'd posted to the short story forum a few times. I guess that's how. Cool!

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Hooray for me and the kind OP.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 10:30 AM
link   

I am none of the above.

I dub thee 'BoBo'!

Maybe I can become a writer now?

Peace

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   

I've been contemplating the idea of starting a collaborative fantasy story but I have just not gotten around to fleshing out the idea... or actually writing something worth reading... one day.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I'm working on writer status right now.

I wasn't able to take part in this months Holiday contest, but next month, watch out! I'm coming out with a story that will knock everyone socks off! Just waiting on the theme for said story.

As to the scholar status - I've yet to really look into what is required to get that status. One thing at a time!

CdT

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Another good area to take part of is the Avatar Creation Thread, if your an artist or an eye for art with the capability of turning said art into an avatar for membership you should check it out.

Get more out of ATS, become an Avatar creator!

BTS: Avatar Creation Thread

CdT

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I followed all the steps to try and join the debate forum and a few of us even tried to organise a serious debate on Gun control.

Got no response from the Mod I was told to contact, even after several attempts and the debate we tried to organise turned into an absolute farce as the Mods were absolutely useless in helping to control it.

If ATS ever gets its shiznit together in that area Id love to be a part of it but Im not holding my breath
edit on 29/12/2014 by IkNOwSTuff because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Titles matter not for many, myself included.
But I thank you for the clarification of the tags observed with the members info.

How about "ATS Supporter" for those that contribute in order to keep this site viable...
Thanks Daaskapital!

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 01:24 AM
link   

There's some great talent and good reading material. This debate
about crop circles really got my attention and stands out as an example of being able to read a debate and learn about both sides of an issue. I'd like to see more of this.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 01:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: CagliostroTheGreat

I've been contemplating the idea of starting a collaborative fantasy story but I have just not gotten around to fleshing out the idea... or actually writing something worth reading... one day.

Give a shout when you flesh out the idea .. be good to work on another collaborative with you .. couple ideas working on .. then writers block hit hmph..

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 02:07 AM
link   
a reply to: CagliostroTheGreat

Actually I've been thinking about heading up either a collaborative writing or even in the short stories forum for a little while with a twist. After xmas I have a bit of time off (much needed rest), so I can U2U you guys and maybe a Mod or two with the idea.

As for the research forum and debate forum, both mods that were organising the forums are no longer around. Maybe if you guys are serious, we could reinvigorate both forums with the mods help. Last time we did judging ourselves among members in the debate forum, as for the research forum we just need a good idea and Mod approval to get started. There are time limits, but these can be worked out by members.

I'd be keen in the new year if you guys are.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Ummm...It seems that in order to ask any questions about the forums you mentioned...you have to be a member of the forum.................

When did the rules change...?

I've posted in the writers forum before...now it says that I have to be a member...I thought I was a member...of ATS...why the members only rule now...?

YouSir

top topics

<<   2 >>

join