It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Karma . Take away his hope , his future . The same as his victim .

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 02:47 AM
link   
www.9news.com.au...
I need to edit that this man just won 3 million dollars .

Now i must start by saying that it is a little bit suspicious that all of a sudden that now this man has money new victims emerge . However there is at least one victim as he was found guilty by the courts of molesting . Sexual battery of a 9 year old . Beyond sick . In my opinion this mans new found hope and money should be taken away from him as was his victims hope for leading a somewhat normal life . Being from Australia i sometimes laugh at some of your court decisions when it comes to suing . In this case , leave him destitute . Let karma be a bitch .
edit on 29-12-2014 by hutch622 because: effect

edit on 29-12-2014 by hutch622 because: effect

edit on 29-12-2014 by hutch622 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 04:21 AM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

I hope the silence here doesn't man what i fear .

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Personally speaking, I am of the opinion that persons who have been convicted of this sort of crime should never be a part of mainstream society, that they should be confined to institutions of either the correctional or residential type, and should be put to work whilst there to pay for their own maintenance. I do not believe that persons who commit these types of offences can be rehabilitated to a reliable enough degree, that the public can ever be certain that they will never offend again, and therefore I find it abhorrent that they are ever freed to walk amongst the people, a percentage of whom will fit their pattern of victimology, and therefore will always be at risk from these individuals.

Whatever the legal position on these types of offenders might be country to country, I believe that it is absolutely intolerable that a person who has ever caused so much suffering to another human being, can be allowed to participate in anything which might see them gain financial security and satisfaction from life. The perpetrator of crimes such as these, should never find themselves in a better position than their victims, and in this case, I believe that the winnings he has collected ought to be seized and divided amongst his victims, their families, and the families of victims of this type of crime in general.

If I was in charge, he would have gotten a blade between the ribs on the day of his conviction, and died slowly.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 09:01 AM
link   
I agree with "truebrit", as I do not believe child molesters can be rehabilitated and should not be allowed to walk amongst society.....as for the money.....I hope the child that was molested sues and wins it ALL. That child will be suffering for a long time and no amount of money can take that away.But hopefully it can help with a trust fund, counseling, and paying for schooling....as for the other people coming forward now.....hmmm.....most likely some ,if not all ,were molested......as a child molester usually will not stop at one child. ...BUT....it's sad that the only thing making them stand up to a child molester is the money.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 11:29 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

I cant say that i disagree with anything you have said , well apart from the knife thingy but i will touch on that later .

The perpetrator of crimes such as these, should never find themselves in a better position than their victims, and in this case, I believe that the winnings he has collected ought to be seized and divided amongst his victims, their families, and the families of victims of this type of crime in general.

Agree totally , hopefully this man is sued for every penny he has received but in my opinion the only one with rights to sue is the boy and his family that he was convicted of molesting . The 2 men , yes and they are men by now should at the very least file complaints with the police first .

I am of the opinion that persons who have been convicted of this sort of crime should never be a part of mainstream society, that they should be confined to institutions of either the correctional or residential type, and should be put to work whilst there to pay for their own maintenance.

I really do not know how this could be done . If you have any ideas please let me know ,but yes in principle i agree .

If I was in charge, he would have gotten a blade between the ribs on the day of his conviction, and died slowly.

Perhaps luckily you are not the sole judge and executioner .LOL . Personally i don't agree with the death penalty , it is just state sponsored murder . However my views on this are starting to crack when it comes down to terrorism , especially home grown terrorism , essentially i am trying to say , don't screw with Australia its people or its ways .

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 03:04 AM
link   

hutch622,

You asked for me to provide more details on the idea of keeping child molesters in some kind of correctional or residential institution for the rest of their lives, and so here is an expansion upon that suggestion.

One of the big problems with these sorts of offenders is that they do not rehabilitate all that well. Note the heavy understatement. Therefore the solution seems to me, that they ought to be kept in permanent detention at either a good old fashioned prison, or a psychiatric hospital for the criminally insane. One of the things that is often said about people who go to prison or are otherwise incarcerated for life, is that tax payers do not like the idea of paying for the individuals involved, to eat, to have the necessary things that keep a person alive and in some sort of physical health.

To get around that, the prisoner must work, must produce something in order to earn enough money to heat their cell, afford to clean their clothes, buy their own food, pay for their upkeep. To do this, I would recommend that manufacturing facilities be constructed in the grounds of whatever prison or prisons or asylums are involved in the program, so that persons who are there for life can be put to work producing something of use to society, and at the same time that there be a nett cost to the taxpayer of virtually nothing for the upkeep of these toxic bastards.

Now, what kind of manufacturing, what kind of product... I have not a clue. But something like this could solve the often touted problems with life incarceration, that are used as excuses to eventually release individuals who still pose a serious threat to society. It would also ensure that the victims are always aware that their molesters are never going to be free, never going to get along in life, never going to enjoy even a glimpse at riches, or any other pleasurable experience of any kind. You see, this is where the law has always fallen apart. When a crime is committed which involves the destruction of something like a childhood, or for that matter an entire life, the victims are often left feeling that their attackers get off very lightly indeed, when compared with the effect the event has on the victim.

However, if victims were aware that not only would their attacker be incarcerated for the remainder of their natural life, and more to the point, that they would be forced to work to pay for their living in the jail or other institution, the victims would be assured at that point, that their attacker will remain in pretty austere, spartan, and unpleasant circumstances, will never gain freedom, or finance, or respect from anyone, will be considered for all time as the lowest of the low amongst all society. The victim will know, that the attacker will never live a whole life, with a lover and a family perhaps of their own, or any fine things in life.

That is comfort for the victim, affordable for the taxpayer, and punishment for the guilty, wrapped up in a bundle.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Wow big post and i must say again that i in no way disagree with your ideas in general . Perhaps if i deconstruct it i can put my point accross although i believe we are reading the same book just not the same page .

Therefore the solution seems to me, that they ought to be kept in permanent detention at either a good old fashioned prison, or a psychiatric hospital for the criminally insane

No argument here but who pays for the facilities and the upkeep unless you make these centres self sustaining .

To do this, I would recommend that manufacturing facilities be constructed in the grounds of whatever prison or prisons or asylums are involved in the program, so that persons who are there for life can be put to work producing something of use to society, and at the same time that there be a nett cost to the taxpayer of virtually nothing for the upkeep of these toxic bastards.

Once again self sustaining .

It would also ensure that the victims are always aware that their molesters are never going to be free, never going to get along in life, never going to enjoy even a glimpse at riches, or any other pleasurable experience of any kind.

No argument .My only objection is this . Sometimes juries dont get it right .

www.nbcnews.com...

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 04:59 AM
link   

In his case, it'd make sense to have him tagged, debagged, curfewed and no passport. Let him have enough of the money to live and put the rest into the right charities. And yes, definitely money towards the historical victims.

Otherwise, he'd be off to other countries where his money would buy kids left, right and centre. These guys tend to have networks so even having money in Florida could be spent having others commit crimes in other places. He could sit at home and have some kids tortured in S America.

Ordinarily, when someone has served their time, they should have a clean slate and not be treated like a criminal all the time. But with people like this, they nearly always go back to offending. If he couldn't stop himself from attacking a child (or anyone else) before, wtf has changed that he can stop himself now?? F*** all!

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 07:26 AM
link   

I see what you are saying, however, I think that there are some significant differences between the case you referenced above, and the sorts of cases we are discussing in this thread.

For a start, the case you are talking about is DECADES old, and so there are factors which played into the miscarriage of justice, that the conviction and execution of that lad represents, which would not play into a modern case. These include the cultural toxicity which lead to his being accused at all, the lack of proper investigation and protocols for the handling and recovery of evidence, and the involvement of a power family in the case, and a potential cover up.

These days there are many more protections against this sort of thing, and furthermore there is the benefit of forensic evidence. Most child molesters who are convicted, get caught because there is physical evidence left on the victim, or in the vicinity of the crime, some evidential trail which can be followed from victim, to suspect. These days the scientific support that the authorities get, to add weight to their prosecutions is pretty damned comprehensive after all, and with tools like DNA identification, among other methods, much can be learned for certain, that would in times past have remained in the realm of mere possibility.

The fact is that false imprisonment seventy years ago was much more likely than it is today, because today, although the system is far from perfect, there are better protections available than there were many years ago. Civil rights are, despite the current trends to the contrary, much better protected now than they were in 1944. There are advocacy services available to everyone, and as a general rule, there is less likelihood of someone being imprisoned for a crime they did not commit, owing to the changes in the standard of evidence required for conviction apart from anything else!

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Various studies estimate that in the United States, between 2.3 and 5% of all prisoners are innocent.[2] One study estimated that up to 10,000 people may be wrongfully convicted of serious crimes each year.[3]
A 2014 study estimated that 4.1% of inmates awaiting execution on death row in the United States are innocent, and that at least 340 innocent people may have been executed since 1973.[4]
According to Professor Boaz Sangero of the College of Law and Business in Ramat Gan in Israel, most wrongful convictions are for crimes less serious than major felonies such as rape and murder, as judicial systems are less careful in dealing with those cases.[5

Unfortunately the system is not perfect . Lets just hope he gets left with nothing .

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 02:41 AM
link   
a reply to: [post=18816551]Kandinsky[

In his case, it'd make sense to have him tagged, debagged, curfewed and no passport. Let him have enough of the money to live and put the rest into the right charities. And yes, definitely money towards the historical victims.

As above in another reply i agree totally .

Otherwise, he'd be off to other countries where his money would buy kids left, right and centre.

No passport no money and the kids overseas are somewhat more safer . Although the paedophile network wont outcast him as he has names dates etc .

But with people like this, they nearly always go back to offending. If he couldn't stop himself from attacking a child (or anyone else) before, wtf has changed that he can stop himself now?? F*** all!

Once again i agree . As replied to TrueBrit above the percentage of wrongly imprisoned is disturbing . How that is fixed i do not know . But those found guilty must be treated as such .

I know it looks like i am pushing my own thread but this is a little bit to close to home .

Happy new year all . Stay safe .
edit on 31-12-2014 by hutch622 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join