It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does 'Blue Hole' hold secret to Mayan collapse?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Does 'Blue Hole' hold secret to Mayan collapse?

Everything from overhunting and a peasant uprising to deforestation and an alien invasion has been proposed to explain why the Mayan civilization collapsed, Smithsonian notes. But one theory has been gaining ground in recent years: extreme drought.

Now more evidence has surfaced to support the drought postulation—and the proof may just lie in Belize's most famous underwater cave. Rice University professor Andre Droxler's team analyzed sediment found in the "Great Blue Hole," a 410-foot-deep sinkhole in the middle of Lighthouse Reef, LiveScience reports.

click link for remainder of article..

While I was hoping for the extraterrestrial theory it looks like climate change may have been the culprit in the demise of the Mayan's after all.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 04:31 AM
link   
What gets ignored too often is the systemic link between deforestation and drought. To understand some of the significance, read William Reich and investigate the successes of the Orgonite gifters on the edges of desserts.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 05:10 AM
link   
I think it likely that the Priests lost their power over the people and the Throne,,,
the society basically disbanded, going their independent ways into sparse villages (resulting in deforestation) and away from the population centers

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 09:29 AM
link   
I have Scuba dived the Blue Hole. Absolutley amazing. I have often wondered myself what created such a perfect hole in the middle of no where. I have thought anything from volcanic, to meteor, to something even stranger than that. The hole is definetly a big sediment trap, with no water movement really, the silt floats around as you scuba dive and looks really crazy. So I can understand why they would want to analyze the sediment. It a pretty big hole when you get down into it, and the walls of the hole are pretty much perfect, no rocks that really jut out anywhere, just the coral that claim that as there home. The Sharks are bit crazy, while diving I watched as 3 sharks passed right beside me, and went straight down the massive blue hole dissappearing into the abiss.
edit on 29-12-2014 by Glassbender777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: asciikewl
What gets ignored too often is the systemic link between deforestation and drought. To understand some of the significance, read William Reich and investigate the successes of the Orgonite gifters on the edges of desserts.

Wilhelm Reich I believe you meant, and yes, his research and testing were very obviously snuffed out by the US government, including banning and burning all of his writings at one point. He is a VERY interesting character to read about and research. I have done a lot on him myself, even as far as contacting his family and emailing with them about some of it. There is a thread on here where I discuss a lot of what I found about him, but have yet to start a thread specifically on him as I have been sidetracked with another research project I have been focusing on.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I fled the city/population centers my self. I could see this as a cause. Governments seem to evolve into control machines. I assume all peoples have chosen free will over control. I could see small groups abandoning the centers with little trace to show their fleeing. Like they trickled out of there.

If I was running from a tyrannical power structure, I would try to leave without a trace.

a reply to: St Udio

edit on 29-12-2014 by ttropia because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join