It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

S.F. Sheriff’s Deputy Charged with Assaulting Hospital Patient and Lying About It

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 11:22 PM
link   

surveillance tape “depict(s) the victim hunched over in a chair sleeping in the Emergency Room’s waiting area, awaiting a doctor’s appointment later that day. Deputy Lewelling approaches the victim as he is starting to wake up. He subsequently appears to engage in a conversation with the victim, at which point the victim slowly stands up, using a cane for assistance. Once up, he attempts to take a step towards the exit. While the victim is attempting to walk away, the defendant grabs the back of his collar, pulling him back into the seat and knocking his cane away. The victim never raised his cane in a threatening manner. A few seconds later, he appears to grab the victim’s throat and begins to choke him."

S.F. Sheriff’s Deputy Charged with Assaulting Hospital Patient and Lying About It

I'm sorry if this was already posted. The only reference I found was here:

originally posted by: StoutBroux

I posted this in the breaking news even though it is 8 days old because (it would seem) I'm unable to post in the Posse Comitatus forum.

I don't like being part of creating a divide between citizens and law enforcement. I posted this because I found the story completely baffling. From all accounts it would seem that the Deputy confronted this man for no apparent reason and started beating him.

I hope somebody has some additional details that can shed some light on this event.

Other articles:

S.F. sheriff’s deputy arrested in assault on hospital patient

Cop charged with choking and beating a HOSPITAL PATIENT - after he tried to claim the victim attacked him but was caught on video

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 11:34 PM
link   
a reply to: compressedFusion

The "good news" is that the cop is being charged. Justice is being served, it seems. Chalk one up to surveillance cameras.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Amazing how many times when an unknown pesky surveillance video appears the difference between the Cops account and the defendant account falls on the side of the defendant, no?

Besides all the other charges the cop should be slapped with falsifying the police report he signed and committing purgery and endangerment of the public ! If I knew more legalize I would add a few others so I guess I would say just throw the book at him several times !

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 01:14 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Amazing how many times when an unknown pesky surveillance video appears the difference between the Cops account and the defendant account falls on the side of the defendant, no?
Is that observation based on statistics. Or is it a personal bias which provides the implication that the cops are more often in the wrong?

edit on 12/29/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 01:36 AM
link   
This is what happens when you train them to be a military force. Not for protecting civilians. Trained in Israel by military. Trained by blackwater ( mercenaries )

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 01:43 AM
link   
there is a positive here at least he has been charged...lets just hope he does time like anyone else who do such a vile act...we will have to wait and see

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: 727Sky

Is that observation based on statistics. Or is it a personal bias which provides the implication that the cops are more often in the wrong?

Wake up Page and watch some videos or read some articles posted either here or in the news for the last couple of years. I figure you are a smart fellow and were not asleep during all the threads here at ATS where the police report says one thing and then "Oh NO" a video appears and there is nothing but back tracking by the one (s) who wrote the report.. Take a few moments and look at the beating of Kelly Thompson who was beaten to death.. Compare the report to the video which was recorded. Resisting arrest because someone puts their hand up during a beating; sure about par for the course, sounds great, until the video arrives.

If you are just wanting to pick a verbal fight you win, not my loss for I really don't care what you believe on this subject.. Everyone has their own life experiences and even though I have never had a problem with police acting out or doing something to me or mine I certainly have several friends retired from law enforcement that will flat out tell you it is now a 'us and them' attitude in many departments. They are out of the departments and are glad they were there when it was different and they could feel they were making a difference; actually believed in the whole protect and serve bit.. Sour grapes ? I don't think so. Sky Marshals, Secret Service, DEA, ICE, Detectives and regular beat cops have all at one time or another been working/friends of mine... The very few who were wired to tight I did not associate with if I could help it...

The orbit is tightening or circle of violence from both sides is getting smaller and accelerating which needs to stop but it has been a long time coming and the momentum is there. Until the bad cops are handed punishments fitting their crimes and the supposedly good cops stop the bad from committing crimes and falsifying police reports the cycle will not be broken IMO. Police, and ANYONE associated with the public trust should be held to a higher standard and burned badly when they break the laws they are supposed to uphold, IMO...

I am overseas in a country that most people believe the police are corrupt. It has been so bad at times even the government has come out against corruption and has vowed to stamp it out... Plenty of reports of cops doing something wrong... Big difference as of late is they go to jail when caught and they are never to big to jail..

I do not want cops as targets.... neither do I want cops who lie to arrest someone...... nor judges who get kick backs for sentencing someone for trumped up charges.. But that is just me..

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: compressedFusion>>> The guy probably said something that the deputy didn't like and he went off on him like any good bully would. And like all bullies, he's a coward which is why he lied about it. He was afraid to take responsibility. It'll be tough on him, with no uniform to get respect and no legal way to push people around. I feel for him.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Who the hell hits someone who users a cane? What a coward!!

Glad the hospital actually released the video and this precious bit of evidence wasn't lost or whatever. Hope they throw the jail on him for all of it, the assault, the lying, and the fact the guy obvi wasn't a threat to this bully in the first place!

SO sick of hearing these stories though.

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: compressedFusion

The "good news" is that the cop is being charged. Justice is being served, it seems. Chalk one up to surveillance cameras.

Charged and justice served are two different things. Wait to see what the actual sentence is or there could be a plea deal. I bet he doesn't even see any jail time.

top topics

join