It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mathematics bombshell:God 'confirmed in Bible'

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyV
Hmmmm, I musta missed something. Who said Math holds no significance? The thing is...you can use math in any large book to find codes...so are all large books mystical or have religious significance now?

That was meant implicatively to those who don't believe math holds any true value outside a scientific mindset, I didn't think I needed to explain that any further. Thats numerology LadyV, which is different from understanding sacred geometry starting with the Pythagorean theorem and his work. Numerology has always been shifty to me, but dismissing math from the equation completely would be turning a blind eye to logical reasoning.

Perhaps you should read those links I provided and tell me how numerology fits into that anywhere?

[edit on 26-1-2005 by Linux]

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Linux

Hmmmm, I musta missed something. Who said Math holds no significance? The thing is...you can use math in any large book to find codes...so are all large books mystical or have religious significance now?

numerology LadyV, which is different from understanding sacred geometry starting with the Pythagorean theorem and his work. Numerology has always been shifty to me, but dismissing math from the equation completely would be turning a blind eye to logical reasoning.

I knew what you meant dear....I was not referring in any way to numerology! Where did I say that? Please show me....I never thought nor mentioned nor implied, numerology at all! Where did you get that from, how did you get that from, what I wrote above?

[edit on 1/26/2005 by LadyV]

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 06:22 PM
link   

I knew what you meant dear....I was not referring in any way to numerology! Where did I say that? Please show me....I never thought nor mentioned nor implied, numerology at all! Where did you get that from, how did you get that from, what I wrote above?

My apologies LadyV, I figured since you mentioned

"The thing is...you can use math in any large book to find codes...so are all large books mystical or have religious significance now?"

you were thinking of numerology.

[edit on 26-1-2005 by Linux]

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Malkavin
Or maybe the bible was just written by a bunch of guys sitting around bored and writting stuff to keep the people occupied/under control. What better way to keep a group of people under control than writting a book, claiming its from some all powerful being. I just personally find majority religions full of crap.

that I'd have to write pages on why your above 'theory' isn't correct, but you can slap graffiti on the wall and say "that's the way it happened". Wait a minute! I don't have to. Every point you've made is already addressed! Can I send you a copy of the Book?

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger
Now if you want to actually dig deeper, read Daniel and of what he was told to seal........it should open your eyes a bit.

what are you referring to specifically? I know he sealed a scroll with an extremely similar revelation that is the book of Revelation written by John. It's a great case for tieing the Old and New Testament together, but how does it relate to this topic?

P.S. By the way, thanks for having me read it through again, since it was a long time since I had before. I hadn't realized he also foretold Christ's coming! For those who haven't read Daniel, check it out seriously, it's pretty wild!

[edit on 28-1-2005 by saint4God]

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 12:18 PM
link   
You can do the same thing with the Works of Sheakespeare or any other large body of prose. The Bible and it's code are fiction.

Originally posted by edsinger
I have been interested in the Bible code for some time and now we have a person who was out to prove it was not true has stumbled upon even more intriguing evidence of Divine authorship.

Interesting to those that understand Statistics and Probability.

(Been out of town for a few days, back now)

Mathematics bombshell:
God 'confirmed in Bible'
Skeptical statistician IDs hidden messages
that 'prove' Scripture's divine authorship

Sherman, founder of the Isaac Newton Bible Code Research Society and a professional mathematician, is convinced that the Hebrew Bible contains coded messages that are evidence of God's authorship of the Bible. His book, "Bible Code Bombshell: Compelling Scientific Evidence that God Authored the Bible," describes numerous examples of encoded phrases and sentences that are both lengthy and relevant to the text where they were found.

Sherman developed a baseline using non-encoded Hebrew texts as his standard of comparison for determining whether the number of messages he found in a Biblical passage were statistically significant. Isaiah 53 proved to be a rich cluster of hidden messages, containing 42 encoded statements relating to Jesus' death, resurrection and ascension, far more than his baseline predicted.

As evidence, Sherman points to statements such as "Gushing from above, my mighty name arose upon Jesus, and the clouds rejoiced," "Dreadful day for Mary," "In his name as he commanded, Jesus is the way," "Resurrection of Jesus, he is risen indeed," and others that echo Isaiah's prophecy.

It is the coherence between the hidden messages and the Hebrew text from which they are drawn that excites Sherman, who has no interest in predicting the future or looking for new "truths." The messages plucked from the text are more like divine fingerprints.

Source

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God

what are you referring to specifically?

P.S. By the way, thanks for having me read it through again, since it was a long time since I had before. I hadn't realized he also foretold Christ's coming! For those who haven't read Daniel, check it out seriously, it's pretty wild!

[edit on 28-1-2005 by saint4God]

The scroll or "information' was to be sealed until the right time. Some think that the code could be what was sealed. This has only lightly been touched at this point and the folks debunking it with the Moby Dick stuff fail to realize that it is taken very seriously by the NSA and other government crypto organizations. You think they didn't plug in the grapes of wrath?

I would like to see what is encoded in Daniel at the exact point of the 'seal' order but the thing about the code is that you need to have a starting point and that is already usually history.

I am not sure but I do think that the 'information' sealed by Daniel and John are one in the same......

If you read some books on the code you can understand why the 'math' types are intrigued as the odds of finding this stuff get pretty damn big pretty quick.

And your welcome, Daniel and Isaiah are my favorites I think of the OT.

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I think I get it. You believe Daniel's scroll containted a code of some sort to interpret when or how thinks will pan out specifically. Pretty solid, since the guy was a master at interpretation with God's help. But, what makes you believe the scroll contains code? Sorry if I'm being dense, there's apparently more to explore on this topic than I thought. So far it sounded like a "there's a code" and "no there isn't" type of discussion. Is there a verse from Daniel or Isaiah too? No need to quote, just reference is fine, I have my Book here.

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Ed, are you saying that there is a code in Daniel or that the biblical code is what was sealed until computers came around?

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 08:19 PM
link   
The Bible code is mans attempt to make reason of a living document.
The message of the bible is simple. Love One another.

Is that so difficult to decode? Get Desiderata. Even Simpler. God works with a form of what I call God Ebonics. Babylon. Babble on.
Michael Angelo....My Angel. Leonardo Davinci...Divine. Jesus...Just Us. Names mean things. Start taking a closer look at how things sound and not how they are spelled. You might be amazed.

The Bible and its workings are merely lessons of what to avoid and in other ways, what to do. But the bible is the Cat in the Hat of Life.

As for god being a vengefull god, well, God doesnt live a Paradox. God doesnt kill Gods children. They were coincidental events in time.

Lastyly, all men are sinners, and to err is human. The Bible is a earthly translation with many messengers using the tools they could to recreate what God was trying to convey. But their hearts must be clean and unbiased as the message can be distorted, just as ones speaking to ones friend, children or spouse can be tainted by hunger or frustration.

The word of God is all around the world. The word is Love. Thats right. A four letter word. Dont look for a gimmick, or some math equation to prove god, for the worlds secrets to be fully unlocked is a goal that man thinks he can attaine. This is the folley of man. He is looking for God, and what he doesnt know is that God is within all of us. Your looking for the code which is good, now look in your own heart.

I am not a really religous man. I am going through a divorce in recent months and my life has had some outrageous thoughts and revelations which I cannot explain. These words I have typed are some of them. Listen to the message, do as Jesus said, as far as remembering but one thing he said. If you love one another, there is no need for religious scholars or translators, for the message was clear all along. Kinda makes sense eh??

The Christians say, God is Love. God is in all of us. Love is in All of us. Kind of like a 1 = 1 = 1 no? God made the equation simple, and we think it is so complicated. Its is not. Children have the answer long before they can speek.
I love you and I dont know your name.

[edit on 28-1-2005 by HIFIGUY]

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 08:47 PM
link   
So God has been playing a game of charades for 3,000 or so years? We are supposedly to accept that the Bible is a divine inspiration of God which teaches us how to get closer to him, and he has been playing a game of hide and seek for 3,000 years? Is this really what we are to believe?

What purpose does it serve really to carry on this game for so long when the seed has been planted that one must believe he is going to destroy everything? Will it much matter that before he pushes the button he reveals his hidden message, and we all slap our foreheads and say; geeze, how could we miss that in those 783,137 words, 8,000 predictions, and 3,140 unfulfilled prophecies?

So perhaps someone can explain to me the purpose of these codes and why exactly he would deceive everyone with half disclosure, then take out his wrath on us for exercising the only brain he gave us to the extent he made it?

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by iori_komei
Ed, are you saying that there is a code in Daniel or that the biblical code is what was sealed until computers came around?

BINGO! Computers make it possible......to find it!

Issac Newton knew it was there, here is a man who invented calculus for what he did in his spare time, he spent the great majority of his time on Bible matters......

Read it again and read what John was told.

He will bring a delusion so strong, a blindness.........

[edit on 29-1-2005 by edsinger]

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 08:23 AM
link   
"Isaiah 53 proved to be a rich cluster of hidden messages, containing 42 encoded statements relating to Jesus' death, resurrection and ascension, far more than his baseline predicted. "

Jesus was a known rabbinical scholar and carried the book of Isaiah with him every where he went. he was an Essene JEW .

years ago i did the same type of reading and i talked with jewish sages and scholars and i was told it(torah) was a big math book with Pythagoras's therom ,
and evediences of mystery religions and science regarding the planets and the stars and the cycles of the earth, plus the hebrew names are encoded

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join