It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mathematics bombshell:God 'confirmed in Bible'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by babloyi
God's last message to humanity:
"We apologise for the inconvenience"

Sorry, but I don't understand why. Why would God play with our heads and make up some code to stick in the bible? Does God enjoy being ambigous? What is the point? Also, even if there is a code in the Bible, what makes it so sure that it is from God? Did people at that time not have enough brains to think of putting letters every few words so that they meant something when spelt out whole?

Why even question this? Little to nothing in the Bible makes any logical sense anyhow....That's what seperates the free-thinkers from the believers. The free-thinkers see the aubsurdity and factless information about the creation of these religions and appiles it to how they believe in them. The Christian, Muslim, etc. relies on faith and hear-say to what they believe as the truth in their "God" or religion.

You can't essentially have a logical discussion with a religious person. It defies logic. Because they will present to you "fact" which is scripture written from a book that you believe to be just falsified scribbles written by man. They tell you it's the word of God, or perhaps God's word through these people. There is absolutely no way to argue this topic. It's filled with run-arounds, half truths, and faith. Someone who has already made their personal mind up that Jesus Christ is and was real cannot be convinced with FACTS that this man never existed. Because the whole idea was based on FAITH in the first place. So obviously, Satan, or some other evil entity is trying to TEST their faith, when in all actuality, it's just the facts, ma'am. Just the facts.

Believe what you may. But when people in reality start dying because of it, you're damn right i'm gonna have a problem.

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 02:45 PM
link   
MystrSynistr, if you have something specific you'd like to address then by all means bring it up. Carpet-bombing Christianity with a bunch of hasty generalization may provide some kind of satisfaction for you, but to the rest of us it sounds like a lot of static on the line. "If you'd like to make a call, please hang up and dial again. If you believe you've reached this message in error, please check the number or dial the operator for assistance."

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Well after fussing over some bible code software and reading a paper on encrypted data integrity of the bible codes, I've found the Equidistant Letter Skip method a little clumsy. Because it does tend to add words that probably shouldn't be in your search. Which is one of the reasons most people dismiss it as nothing more than a trick of some sort.

So after reading the passage about 666 for the umpteenth time, I realized its a perfect triangular number. Now go to this page.

www.mathematische-basteleien.de...

I observed in a test search the other day, a word stepping by using only those numbers which were triangular. The word I used was TRIANGULAR.
And there it was spelling itself out in Genesis on a letter skip of around 25000+ and the letters only showed up in positions which were triangular to the beginning of Genesis. In other words, starting with the first letter, you count the number of letters until you reach the first one, and then the second, and so on and so forth. So my letters were on 10, 28, 96.... The software won't do this for you, so I had to count by hand. It at least highlighted the letters so I could see where they were. And sure enough, each highlighted number was a triangular number.

So it occured to me that the bible could be written out in a Pascal's Triangle format. And it can be done by hand very simply and doesn't really require a supercomputer, that only greatly eases the process. Here is an example of the triangle, do you notice the weird little math sequence in it? Pretty slick for something so simple. Each number represents a position of the text to be inserted.

1 1
1 2 1
1 3 3 1
1 4 6 4 1
1 5 10 10 5 1
1 6 15 20 15 6 1
1 7 21 35 35 21 7 1
1 8 28 56 70 56 28 8 1
1 9 36 84 126 126 84 36 9 1
make enough rows and 666 will apear...

The cool thing is that these diagnonal rows represent
triangular numbers 1 3 6 10 15 21 28...
square numbers 1 4 9 16 25 36 49...
pentagonal numbers 1 5 12 22 35 51 70...
hexagonal numbers 1 6 15 28 45 66 91...
heptagonal numbers 1 7 18 34 55 81 112...
octogonal numbers 1 8 21 40 65 96 133...
tetrahedral numbers 1 4 10 20 35 56...
hypertetrahedral numbers 1 5 15 35 70 126...
and on and on....

So if you converted the entire hebrew text of the bible to a giant Pascal's Triangle and read the thing down the angles of the triangle, it would probably make more sense and actually be readable. A book hidden within the book. I only focus on the first 5 books from GOD as dictated to Moses.

It would be an interesting ATS project to convert the text, because its a huge task, unless a programmer can make a program to do all the manual placement of the letters according to the triangle. Shouldn't be hard, but its out of my reach.

For the guy asking about the pyramid, there's one face of it.

Now on paper I've been trying to reason out a 3D version of a 4 sided pyramid divided into smaller pyramids with a hebrew letter on each of the faces of those little ones. Anybody here remember the PYRAMINX? The pyramid version of the rubiks cube...strangely it was the only one I could ever solve. The idea is to rotate the various faces of text to other sides and see what happens. If GOD wrote it, I figure, no matter which way I turn it, it will keep right on talking.

And remember, it only works for the original hebrew text and not english.
So if someone can convert it, you'll need a nice patient jewish person to translate it.

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Did any one bother to actually read the link provided by ledbedder20?

Here it is again for those who missed it....
Excellent site which uses reason over faith

Here is the relevant part for those too lazy to actually read the whole link

Then when Dr. James D. Price found negative codes in the Bible this further disproved the validity of the codes (Satan is Eloah/God, Satan is YHWH, Jehovah is a liar, Jehovah is dead, there is no Jehovah, Yeshua is not God, there is no truth, there is no evil, there is no goodness, there is no redemption, there is no Messiah, etc.). Dr. Price also found that for every noun in the Torah he could produce a negative code for that noun, i.e., there is an __, and there is not an __. He also found about 6,000 words in just Isaiah 53 alone. The purpose of his posting that information was to show that just about any message you wanted to produce could be found in that short passage--or any other passage. This is when I closed down Tcode and gave up code research until further notice.

I dont care how much faith you have shouldnt the fact that it is possible to find anti-god codes with in the bible kind of throw the whole thing out the window?

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Thanks boogyman. It all comes down to reason and logic over faith. If you use faith to justify something, then you're missing the actual evidence which, in this case, there is plenty of.

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 10:33 PM
link   
you people fail to realize that if god wanted to put a code in their like that it wouldn't matter when it was written cuz he knew it was going to be written, and forced it to be written the way it was... do you see?

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 11:02 PM
link   
I read through these and noticed that those that claim there is nothing to the code have not understood how it works.

If 'God is not real' is found in the code, how is it found? In the same area? Same 'matrix'?

Look let me put it like this, in the code in the book of Isaiah, around the 53rd chapter the messianic parts where it says "He will be pierced for our iniquities" , in the code the name Jeshua appears right there.

Odds?

Well in the Grapes of wrath, things can be found, but are they that closely matched to the subject?

I understand math, and odds like what we see in this code are getting pretty well near infinity.

Those that refuse to believe, never will...........

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger
Those that refuse to believe, never will...........

It's not that I refuse to believe, but you're saying that code comes about to give logic and reason. So, I have one big question of logic and reason that seems to go unanswered:

What's the point?

Will there be a person who can only believe in God because of a Bible code and won't read the Bible for the content until then? I'm not shooting down the idea, but seems to be a very, very indirect way of communicating.

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by the dustman
i have real problems with this bible code thing, the bible was written over thousands of years by differant people in differant languages, then put together in a crude order. the names change from yahweh to elohim to jehova, i doubt its even the same god they are refering to due to the change in his behaviour from one book to the next. if u ask me the bible code is a load of crap and should be treated as such.....

I didn't get past this statement, but needed to comment on it right away. You made an observation that many people miss. You said that you doubt it is even the same god they are referring to. Very nice thinking. I would be shocked personally to find out it was. In anycase, the bible code is a boat load of crap. They need to interpret each matrix differently to get it to work. And at that, they distort what goes into those matrices on occasion. In anycase....their is no pattern. It is all fake.

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I'm sure this post will be completely ignored by the Christian community, except possibly by the likes of Saint4God who still has some reasoning ability left within him. However, on the off chance that the Christians may be reasoned with, I present the following question:

How is an encoded message proof of God's authorship?

Is God the only person capable of writing encoded messages? Certainly not. Take the following paragraph, for instance.

"Good ontology doesn't dictate. I don't negate other's teachings where reason is tantamount. Even the history is suspect."

A secret code is embedded within, but I assure you it was not divinely inspired, except possibly in the most abstract sense of all my actions being a part of God's Greater Plan, in which case, any text can be justified as being divine.

What most Christians fail to take into account is that most of the Bible was written during a time when Christians were still being persecuted by the Romans, and that the original forms were often written in a code in order to avoid detection or prosecution. A good portion of the Bible was not originally written in Hebrew either, but rather Aramaic, Greek or Apocolyptic (a codefied form of Greek used in the writing of Revelations). So the full "original" hebrew text itself is but a transliterated anthology of pre-existing works.

So, while I have no doubt that some secret codes exist within the Hebrew Bible, I believe that anyone who mistakenly believes that these were the original authors inspired by God should listen to the Church propaganda machine a lot less, and factual history a lot more.

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 02:07 PM
link   
you can find the same codes in Moby Dick and probably any other large book.

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 03:13 PM
link   
The only mathematical bombshell that will be dropped is using geometry to calculate some of the earth's oldest questions. The pyramids are a great example of this and a few other monuments there were inspired by math. I think this revelation will come soon. Remember scientists now believe that the universe is not infinite, rather its shaped like a dodecahedron, very fascinating times we live in.

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 10:22 PM
link   
It cracks me up when folks debunk it so fast without grasping the odds that we are talking about.

The book of Isaiah was written well before Christ, yet it mentions his death, the methods thereof and of course his name.

Now the fact the the equedescent sequencing has a skip of hundreds of letters rules out a man writing it, especially 2000+ years ago.

So that leaves you with figuring the odds of these 'statements' occurring together in a book of this size with those skips. Moby Dick doesn't even have a chance.

Now if you want to actually dig deeper, read Daniel and of what he was told to seal........it should open your eyes a bit.

One of the NSA's best cryptologist's thought is was hogwash also.....as I said he 'thought' it was.........

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Thanks for the compliment about me being open minded.

Originally posted by thelibra
A good portion of the Bible was not originally written in Hebrew either, but rather Aramaic, Greek or Apocolyptic (a codefied form of Greek used in the writing of Revelations). So the full "original" hebrew text itself is but a transliterated anthology of pre-existing works.

That's what I thought, but didn't have anything to back it up. Thanks for reinforcing.

Originally posted by thelibra
So, while I have no doubt that some secret codes exist within the Hebrew Bible, I believe that anyone who mistakenly believes that these were the original authors inspired by God should listen to the Church propaganda machine a lot less, and factual history a lot more.

The counter argument (I've ran into this on another thread) is that God, being God, can make it work though seemingly impossible such as in carrying over code in translation and such. Though possible I suppose, the issue I have is God is one who uses light, truth, and reason as beaming parts of understanding. He's not one to shadow, hide, and conspire with things so important as his own Word. Just my take on it. However, if someone says that this code made them become a follower of God because it spoke to them in a way that they understood it, then okay, I'll buy it. Here's the thing though, how would people miss God's word simply by reading it as it's written? *shrug*

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Linux
Remember scientists now believe that the universe is not infinite, rather its shaped like a dodecahedron,

Cool!
Can we play soccer with the universe?

[edit on 26-1-2005 by saint4God]

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Now the fact the the equedescent sequencing has a skip of hundreds of letters rules out a man writing it, especially 2000+ years ago.

Correct, probably statistics wrote it. In facxt the greater spacing, the more likely its static noise, because they needed so many samples before they got a nice pattern.

[edit on 26-1-2005 by Countermeasures]

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Once again, some of you fail to use reasoning and tend to rely on blind faith to support your arguments, which in this case fall flat on their face when confronted with a little logic.

If there is an ELS in, oh let's say, Isaiah, that reads - "God is all there is and you must worship him or suffer eternal damnation" and there is an ELS in Genesis that reads - "God is a goat and you must worship the prince of darkness named Lucifer". Then how do you derive a divine message out of this? If you believe the first message, how do you ignore the second one? Because it doesn't follow what you believe?

More than likely, right next to one of these ELS's with a biblical message, you'll find one that says "flip the burgers now", "purple is pretty" or "stop watching Jerry Springer". Why would god put messages in there about such trivial subjects? Read some unbiased books on the subject and then form an opinion.

For the simple fact, that codes can be found in any text and they will say anything and for the simple fact that most propponents of the bible code theory leave out the "messages" that don't further their intent should tell you something.

You want to believe, then believe, but stop using this post-diction crap to prove your faith, only you know what God means to you and that will never change.

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 11:03 AM
link   
This is so ridiculous!
For one thing, does a god need to put computer codes in a book? For another thing, the bible has been added to, taken from and mistranslated...that is not opinion but historical fact, so if there were "real" messages in it, they would be mistranslated....."if" there are codes in the bible, I'd say they were put there from a higher being...but not god because as stated, a god wouldn't need to, not to mention that if it were true, that would denote truth and negate faith, which they are supposed to have. They are supposed to believe without any proof......now

I dont care how much faith you have shouldnt the fact that it is possible to find anti-god codes with in the bible kind of throw the whole thing out the window?

Don't confuse with truth and fact! You still have some Christians that think the bible is all fact and in original form!

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 12:13 PM
link   
First off, those who don't think math holds any significance i'd start hitting the books a bit harder. Math is a tool that the universe conforms too itself.

news.nationalgeographic.com...

Now a new study of astronomical data only recently available hints at a possible answer: The universe is finite and bears a rough resemblance to a soccer ball or, more accurately, a dodecahedron, a 12-sided volume bounded by pentagons.

If that link doesn't hold any credibility im not sure what does

This ties directly into sacred geometry and the golden ratio or phi. Fibonacci's work proves that nature follows a set of guidelines. These guidelines may not be divinely inspired but it does make one wonder.

www.mcs.surrey.ac.uk...

EDIT: Provided the last fascinating link

[edit on 26-1-2005 by Linux]

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Linux
First off, those who don't think math holds any significance i'd start hitting the books a bit harder. Math is a tool that the universe conforms too itself.

Hmmmm, I musta missed something. Who said Math holds no significance? The thing is...you can use math in any large book to find codes...so are all large books mystical or have religious significance now?

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join