It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mathematics bombshell:God 'confirmed in Bible'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 10:25 PM
link   
So the question that gets asked once again. 'Even if this Bible code 'is' true, would it change your believe in God?'

Doubtful.

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 10:41 PM
link   
The problem that is being run into with the code is that it only puts events that already happened in the Matrix. The only one ever outside of this that was a "Prediction" was the Rahbin assasination. A common misconception, which has been brought up here, is that it ONLY relates to the Torah in Hebrew. The Torah is God's direct word to Moses. So as far as having many hands in the Books, it was only Moses. The code had worked on "Moby Dick", but it was not as consistent and in close relation, as it is with the Bible. Theories have risen to that even Aliens were the ones who "Planted" the code. Scholars I have talked to have said that the "Torah" is God's word for us to live, and is the only thing we need to follow. God stopped talking "Directly" to people after it was written. So if you go based on this, you could conceive that something 'could' have been placed in there by God. Mathmatically it is mindblowing, it could not be figured out free-hand, only when "Supercomputers" came into existence. It's just another matter of 'Belief'.

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 01:21 AM
link   
God's last message to humanity:
"We apologise for the inconvenience"

Sorry, but I don't understand why. Why would God play with our heads and make up some code to stick in the bible? Does God enjoy being ambigous? What is the point? Also, even if there is a code in the Bible, what makes it so sure that it is from God? Did people at that time not have enough brains to think of putting letters every few words so that they meant something when spelt out whole?

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 04:02 AM
link   
What? So there is stuff like "god woz 'ere'" encoded in the bible?
"I made this -god-" soething like that in there?

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 04:34 AM
link   
If there is a code in the bible why does it HAVE to be GOD? Couldn't it just be something that wants us to think it's God? I don't know, like Satan. It still seems completely retarded to me that God (the creator of a seemingly infinite universe) would show up in a burning b�sh and spit out coded messages for generation Z. And why would God have a "chosen race" anyway. Sounds to me like favortism. I don't think all the lambda calculus in the world could convince me that God is behind these religions much less put codes in the books. God's codes are in nature. For instance, the golden mean. The bible is not natural. It is man-made. I think we are supposed to find the codes in nature not some book. But that's just my opinion.

D

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 05:20 AM
link   
I have my doubts about the Bible code. There's a professor at Sydney University here who has found that you can pretty much "prove" anything with any kind of text. For the Aussies who know who the John Safran is, Safran went to this professor during his doco "John Safran vs. God" and asked the Professor to use the September 11 Commission report to predict the fall of the rapper Vanilla Ice. Sure enough, they managed to find it. And they got some of Vanilla Ice's lyrics and used it to "predict" September 11. I'll try to dig up the Professors name and I"ll post a link.

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 05:56 AM
link   
"I am wondering if these bible codes have anything about the pyramids and/or the sphinx in them"

This has always troubled me. With all of the references to Egypt, the Bible does not mention the pyramids or the sphinx. One would think that two of the greatest mysteries of the modern world would be of interest during Biblical time.

In the new testiment (I do not have the passage readily available) it reads something to the effect of: do not believe a man because he states that he is God; judge him by his actions. In our generation, God has not presented himself appropriatly.

I, once a very devoted christian, believe that there needs to be more evidence presented before I will submit to a higher power...maybe the Bible codes can do this.

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 06:11 AM
link   
I saw a documentry on such codes that basically debunked it by showing that contradicting messages also existed using the same codes. It was just a matter of only choosing the messages the code seeker wanted to keep.

It also went on to say that such messages using the same code could be found in most books, it all comes down to the basic structure of written language.

Secret messages can be found in almost anything if you WANT to se them. How many images of Christ do we see in burnt toast or at the bottom of a tea cup, plenty. But only because you want to percieve them as that.

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by babloyi
Sorry, but I don't understand why. Why would God play with our heads and make up some code to stick in the bible? Does God enjoy being ambigous? What is the point? Also, even if there is a code in the Bible, what makes it so sure that it is from God?

Amen. Anybody have an answer to the above yet?

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Pure coincidence, nothing more.

- Nazgarn

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrickmastertricK
The problem that is being run into with the code is that it only puts events that already happened in the Matrix. The only one ever outside of this that was a "Prediction" was the Rahbin assasination. A common misconception, which has been brought up here, is that it ONLY relates to the Torah in Hebrew. The Torah is God's direct word to Moses. So as far as having many hands in the Books, it was only Moses. The code had worked on "Moby Dick", but it was not as consistent and in close relation, as it is with the Bible.

I'm not so sure about that, especially since there aren't dozens of people constrantly looking for codes in thingslike moby dick. But, more importantly, there -are- codes in moby dick. So even if god has coded stuff into torah, there -are- going to be non-god-created codes in it, just by chance, just like in moby dick or any sufficiently large text. SO how does one distinguish between the two? And how does one distinguish between mutually contradictory bible codes?

mo_trot
One would think that two of the greatest mysteries of the modern world would be of interest during Biblical time.

Who says that any of the people invovled in the writting of the bible ever saw the pyramids right?

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Sherman, founder of the Isaac Newton Bible Code Research Society and a professional mathematician, is convinced that the Hebrew Bible contains coded messages that are evidence of God's authorship of the Bible. His book, "Bible Code Bombshell: Compelling Scientific Evidence that God Authored the Bible," describes numerous examples of encoded phrases and sentences that are both lengthy and relevant to the text where they were found.

If people are going around trying to prove that God wrote the bible they are wasting their time. God didn't write the bible, people like Moses did.

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by lockheed
If people are going around trying to prove that God wrote the bible they are wasting their time. God didn't write the bible, people like Moses did.

" All Scripture is God-Breathed"

You have to understand this, the 'text' was transcribed by man in the 'spirit' and then transcribed.......

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger

Originally posted by lockheed

" All Scripture is God-Breathed"

You have to understand this, the 'text' was transcribed by man in the 'spirit' and then transcribed.......

I have a book that God inspired me to write. God worked through me to write this book and it's the absolute truth. If you don't believe me you must be calling God a liar and you're going to hell. Why? Because the book says so.

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 06:12 PM
link   
The bible code...You could find hidden messages in just about anything. like honestly... ahsdihwbuyqwdfuasudbiqnebwoaisduasbidbuyuyqwegybidbaoijoiufeyriutyw... look for a code in that...you could probably find a bunch on jesus and god

Bible code ...

And honestly...God confirmed in the bible... hahaha thats like saying... Dorothy confirmed in the wizard of Oz. ITS ABOUT THEM.

[edit on 16-12-2004 by _BLiND_]

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 06:24 PM
link   
I found the words buy and bid twice....I think it's a capitalist's code. Tell me, do you have subconcious fantasies about money? Perhaps you secretly want to work on Wall Street?

[edit on 16-12-2004 by saint4God]

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 07:01 PM
link   
moby dick was divinely inspired. as a matter of fact, ALL literature is divinely inspired. take THAT skeptics!

the pyramid builders and the artisan of the mitchell-hedges crystal skull had mad skills beyond what 'modern' man has. to think that humans couldn't write some code into a book is just unwarranted overconfidence that WE are the apex of learning in human history. duh. history fades rather recently, as a matter of fact.

so, like burger king says, 'have it your way'.

i find the work of stan tenet, len horowitz, carl munck and greg braden to be the most compelling code research.
if you're serious about finding bible code, check these guys out.

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 08:28 PM
link   
``

i can not get flabberghassted about this suddenly revealed code.

i see the construct God as born of imagination from intellect,
its not hard to concieve groups of pious scribes doing the
'kabbalist' thing, making mystical things known,
only these 'insiders' had the Sumerian & Chaldean Mystery
Schools as their 'competition'....so, the Mother-of-Invention
aka higherpower,God, El, Elohim, Ya, etc etc etc (different names
of the EverlastingOne) did Inspire the Hebrew Scribes to build
the Words, with sub-plot stories, with still sub-minor stories built
into a (at least) 3 dimensional narriative or more likely 4 layered
Holy Words (since the earthly realm is 4 directions) NarritiveStories
.......this bible code, is just another example, of essentially
one-upsmanship !...
then to protect the masterminded SacredWritings, a devout and exclusive group had to be choosen, culled...which may explain the rules that
prohibits or exclusively permits only Levites 'certain positions' [for instance]

what is befuddeling is why it took so very long for us goyim to have that Eureka moment...where we discovered the code, letter-skip, in the Torah. See, it is better for your 'adversaries' to discover things---because
self-revealed things will be regarded skeptically!...i can imagine all those centuries, with the Kabbalists hinting, alluding, doing everything but rub-
bing the Gentiles noses in it--"look, see, a bible code, you schmeel !!"

cynic-at-large; s/victoras
or...will we recognize when we've been Cosmically rope-a-doped??

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by billybob
moby dick was divinely inspired. as a matter of fact, ALL literature is divinely inspired. take THAT skeptics!

the pyramid builders and the artisan of the mitchell-hedges crystal skull had mad skills beyond what 'modern' man has. to think that humans couldn't write some code into a book is just unwarranted overconfidence that WE are the apex of learning in human history. duh. history fades rather recently, as a matter of fact.

so, like burger king says, 'have it your way'.

i find the work of stan tenet, len horowitz, carl munck and greg braden to be the most compelling code research.
if you're serious about finding bible code, check these guys out.

good point...

on a show about the bible code, a man said that EVERY long literature has a code...

this is because of the large amounts of words in the book (like the bible) which makes the probability of a "code" even higher...

why would God hide himeself for ONLY math-maticians to find???

sry bible code =

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Keep forcing it in.

Until the codes can be used to accurately predict future events, they are worthless. By twisting them to 'predict' past events you are just shaving the peg down to fit.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join