It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mathematics bombshell:God 'confirmed in Bible'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I have been interested in the Bible code for some time and now we have a person who was out to prove it was not true has stumbled upon even more intriguing evidence of Divine authorship.

Interesting to those that understand Statistics and Probability.

(Been out of town for a few days, back now)

Mathematics bombshell:
God 'confirmed in Bible'
Skeptical statistician IDs hidden messages
that 'prove' Scripture's divine authorship

Sherman, founder of the Isaac Newton Bible Code Research Society and a professional mathematician, is convinced that the Hebrew Bible contains coded messages that are evidence of God's authorship of the Bible. His book, "Bible Code Bombshell: Compelling Scientific Evidence that God Authored the Bible," describes numerous examples of encoded phrases and sentences that are both lengthy and relevant to the text where they were found.

Sherman developed a baseline using non-encoded Hebrew texts as his standard of comparison for determining whether the number of messages he found in a Biblical passage were statistically significant. Isaiah 53 proved to be a rich cluster of hidden messages, containing 42 encoded statements relating to Jesus' death, resurrection and ascension, far more than his baseline predicted.

As evidence, Sherman points to statements such as "Gushing from above, my mighty name arose upon Jesus, and the clouds rejoiced," "Dreadful day for Mary," "In his name as he commanded, Jesus is the way," "Resurrection of Jesus, he is risen indeed," and others that echo Isaiah's prophecy.

It is the coherence between the hidden messages and the Hebrew text from which they are drawn that excites Sherman, who has no interest in predicting the future or looking for new "truths." The messages plucked from the text are more like divine fingerprints.

Source

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 01:46 PM
link   
i have real problems with this bible code thing, the bible was written over thousands of years by differant people in differant languages, then put together in a crude order. the names change from yahweh to elohim to jehova, i doubt its even the same god they are refering to due to the change in his behaviour from one book to the next. if u ask me the bible code is a load of crap and should be treated as such.....

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by the dustman
i have real problems with this bible code thing, the bible was written over thousands of years by differant people in differant languages, then put together in a crude order. the names change from yahweh to elohim to jehova, i doubt its even the same god they are refering to due to the change in his behaviour from one book to the next. if u ask me the bible code is a load of crap and should be treated as such.....

If you knew that the Torah was copied word for word, space for space, exactly as set forth would it make any difference? The instructions for copying the Torah are very specific. Minor mistakes cause complete destruction. A fact that always interested me. No I understand why. The code is real, no mistake.

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 02:19 PM
link   
The possibilty of codes written within the text of the Bible is dependant on the accuracy of millenia of translation...and the earliest texts in existance, like the Dead Sea Scrolls and similar stories on Cuneiform tablets found in what was ancient Sumeria would have to be the only books we could use.

What I personally believe may be the source of the codes, if they are in the Bible at all, would have been by the Early Christian Fathers way back in about 300AD.

IMHO that is

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Whenever we're talking about making words fit a pattern (like a code or rhythm), it seems to take a changed or forced form. For example, if you wanted to make poetry rhyme, you have to use certain words thereby changing what you were going to originally say or mean. By doing this, you create a more difficult message that takes a few read-throughs to get right. Now why would God, one to be of understanding and light, throw in secrets, codes, and unclear representations in order to make it fit the numbers? Sorry but this isn't making sense to me. Numerology looks more like supersititon to me than fact. If someone would like to clarify, feel free.

For example -

Original message:
I feel our love blossoming like a rose at the first kiss of dawn.

Forced rhythmic:
Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
I just want to say,
"I love you."

Pray, train, study.
God Bless.

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God
Whenever we're talking about making words fit a pattern (like a code or rhythm), it seems to take a changed or forced form. For example, if you wanted to make poetry rhyme, you have to use certain words thereby changing what you were going to originally say or mean. By doing this, you create a more difficult message that takes a few read-throughs to get right. Now why would God, one to be of understanding and light, throw in secrets, codes, and unclear representations in order to make it fit the numbers? Sorry but this isn't making sense to me. Numerology looks more like supersititon to me than fact. If someone would like to clarify, feel free.

The current "reading" of the codes is very simplistic and barely in the 2+2 stage. Complex mathmatics may show more complete data.

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God

God encoded the bible in a way that the code would not be found until computers were invented. The ELS code could not of been done by man alone, it has too much going on to be just coincidental. There is also Theomatics which is a totally different type of code in the bible which proves God encoded the bible.

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 03:22 PM
link   
The secret code of the Bible lies in the first 5 books of the old testament (the Pentateuch), the study of this code is known as the Holy Kabbalah.

www.cix.co.uk...

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 05:40 PM
link   
The bible code theory is not in it's beginning stages. I read 3 or 4 books on the subject about 4 years ago. The "bible code" is a theory that states that the bible supposedly contains hidden messages and predictions. The technique for "deciphiring" the code is called E.L.S. or Equidistant Letter Skip, basically you pick a section to research and then choose every 3rd letter or every 11th, 12th and 15th, etc.. Wallah, you start to uncover many messages after running the text through computer programs that find these coded texts from "random" ELS sets. What those who advocate the bible code fail to mention is that the science can be applied to any large body of text and find any set of messages that the researcher wishes to filter through.

Prophetic messages "encoded" in Moby Dick!

If you want to believe the messages that come through in the code, for the sake of proving God's existence, then you must believe all of them:

Satan is Eloah/God, Satan is YHWH, Jehovah is a liar, Jehovah is dead, there is no Jehovah, Yeshua is not God, there is no truth, there is no evil, there is no goodness, there is no redemption, there is no Messiah, etc.

Excellent site which uses reason over faith

This sums it up:

"The actual truth about the Bible codes was finally revealed by statistical analysis: they do not just exist in the Pentateuch; they are found everywhere. ELS codes are found with approximately equal frequency in the Book of Genesis, the Qur'an, Tolstoy's "War and Peace," or in any sufficiently long text written in any language -- probably even in this web site which totals over 30 megabytes of text. "

So, unfortunately, the only thing proving the existence of god to anyone is your own personal faith. Sorry guys.

[edit on 12/13/2004 by ledbedder20]

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 05:48 PM
link   
This title is a somewhat circular argument and therefore makes no sence...

1. IF bible codes are real (which i doubt, but thats another topic) THEN someone created it. What is the only being that can make such codes? God

2. So the mere existance of the "bible codes" presupposes that God put them there.

3. Therefore even if God is not explicitly mentioned in the 'bible codes' by definition he must exist if you believe the codes are real.

Big deal...

It sounds more like the writer of the book is just trying to peddle some more books to the gullible.

It happens all the time in the UFO field, "amazing findings" on close analysis are not, but just a form of advertising to sell books and fill conferences.

[edit on 13-12-2004 by Netchicken]

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrHoracid

Originally posted by the dustman

If you knew that the Torah was copied word for word, space for space, exactly as set forth would it make any difference? The instructions for copying the Torah are very specific. Minor mistakes cause complete destruction. A fact that always interested me. No I understand why. The code is real, no mistake.

I believe that the reason that the instructions are so specific and strict for copying the Torah is because it is a code, similar to a computer program coding. Even a minor flaw would alter the entire meaning. This is echoed at the end of the New Testament; as well, in which a stern warning is given to anyone who alters any part of any of it.

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 06:00 PM
link   
NetChicken, that sounds like the Ontological argument:

God is X
We know X exists
Therefor God must exist.

It can also be called Petitio principii fallacie:"The Bible is the word of God. The word of God cannot be doubted, and the Bible states that the Bible is true. Therefore the Bible must be true.

I hardly doubt God would conceal himself into a mathematical forumla found only in the Bible written for a people who could barely understand the workings of simple mathematics..

Deep

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 06:09 PM
link   

by Netchicken 1. IF bible codes are real (which i doubt

Appearantly some skeptics didn't do enough research to rid themselves of their doubt and then they have the nerve to call those who have done the research, the gullible.

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by ledbedder20
If you want to believe the messages that come through in the code, for the sake of proving God's existence, then you must believe all of them:

Satan is Eloah/God, Satan is YHWH, Jehovah is a liar, Jehovah is dead, there is no Jehovah, Yeshua is not God, there is no truth, there is no evil, there is no goodness, there is no redemption, there is no Messiah, etc.

now let's not be too reasonable!

Originally posted by ledbedder20
"The actual truth about the Bible codes was finally revealed by statistical analysis: they do not just exist in the Pentateuch; they are found everywhere. ELS codes are found with approximately equal frequency in the Book of Genesis, the Qur'an, Tolstoy's "War and Peace," or in any sufficiently long text written in any language -- probably even in this web site which totals over 30 megabytes of text. "

So, unfortunately, the only thing proving the existence of god to anyone is your own personal faith. Sorry guys.

a gift of faith of which i am thankful for!

the bible can be affirmed by history. faith is affirmed by the Holy Ghost. history is not hidden. why would a (physical) code need to be? faith is hidden from some, the reason of which is not fathomable, but this is spiritual and not physical.

daved

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Kabbalah has nothing to do with ELS codes and nothing to do with trendy new age books, Kabbalah is at least 2000 years old...

The differing names of God all have specific meaning corresponding to the appropriate Sephora

In the beginning there was the word, and the word was god...

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I always wondered what would happen if they looked for codes in different languages and not just Hebrew. They might find something.

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Or maybe the bible was just written by a bunch of guys sitting around bored and writting stuff to keep the people occupied/under control. What better way to keep a group of people under control than writting a book, claiming its from some all powerful being. I just personally find majority religions full of crap.

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 09:10 PM
link   
How many leaders have through out history have claimed to be god or have a mandate from God? Bush comes to mind.

It is the eternal question. Who am I. Where do I come from.

People fill in the blank with an almighty creator.

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 09:16 PM
link   
I have always been taught that there was a hidden knowledge, or a hidden book or something that was saved for the "last generation" and this last generation would be the only ones to be able to read it. I believe that the bible code is this hidden book or hidden knowledge that has been promised to the last generation.

I am wondering if these bible codes have anything about the pyramids and/or the sphinx in them.

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 09:18 PM
link   
How does any of this explain why similar codes appear in any text of sufficiently large size, or how there are mutually contradictory codes in the bible? How does it distinguish between the 'real' ones, and the necessary accidental ones that must be there?

<<   2  3  4 >>

join