It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A stolen legacy. The metamorphosis of nature spirits into false idols.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Chronogoblin

they even planned to somehow assault Heaven, and try to kill God. Then he confused their languages, so that they were split into other cultures in an instant.

How do you know this? Are you saying the bible is literal history? No symbolism, metaphor or parables.

You could say the church wanted to kill the gods of old, and went about it by eradicating the belief in that god.

That is what I mean by...

"I fail to see how satan plays into this unless he is the church itself.
edit on 8-1-2015 by Wifibrains because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

To me it simply says that together with god they are(is). Together but without god, they are (is)not.

edit on 8-1-2015 by Wifibrains because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Wifibrains

post]

Your link did not work, so I had a look into the term "territorial spirits" and you might be right, but the demonisation is through indoctrination.
Sorry for the bad link, here Territorial Spirits

Well you and I could sit back and have a great rant about how the church is messed up. I think it's fairly obvious that their are flaws in the practices in both Catholic and even Protestant religions, but I don't think God is sweating it.

Look who Jesus put in charge of the church, an emotionally charged fisherman in Peter. No church is perfect, no church was meant to be perfect. If the Catholic Church was the goal then Jesus should have bowed to Caesar and granted him permission to lead the church.

By the way, if pagans were creating a myth Jesus they messed up with the Bible. The Jesus they made up in the bible looks nothing like the Jesus in they got hanging in the church.

Furthermore, Gods heart for his people was always focused on the individual, not organizations. Go back to the tower of Babel, Gods priority is on individuals versus a mindless ruling monarchy that tells everyone what to believe.

His people would fight Him on this later. After the Israelites exodus, they demanded to have a King. They saw all the other nations with kings and decided they need one to be considered a real nation, yet God had already established a viable governing system and promised their survival. Yet, Through their rebellion, pride and pagan flirting, God still was able to keep and preserve his people and through the wars and famine keep his promise of the Messiah.

This pattern of mans rebellion and Gods provision, continue even today. It is not by the "brilliants" of men with their ability to organize and persuade that God is impressed with.

Even though the church has botched things up pretty bad like the Israelis did with their kings, God preserved the story of his redeeming love in individual souls not in steeples and stain glass.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 01:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Prezbo369
a reply to: Observationalist

Haven't you ever wondered why Christians bring in a tree at Christmas? or eat chocolate bunnies at Easter?

Have you ever really thought about any of this?

The same reason non believers do, suckers for tradition.

There are many Christians who don't do Christmas trees or Easter eggs.

There is no biblical requirement to celebrate the birth or death and resurrection of Jesus. No contract we sign that says you must go to church on every Sunday you must celebrate Jesus birth on Dec 25th you must...

It's funny how so many non believers who are outside of the church think they know how the church should run and how Christians should behave.

It's like those kids who were throwing snowballs at the lions.

Christianity you could say has been responsible for rebuilding the cage that once pinned in their Lion.

Sure the Lion looks week behind the bars of religion, an easy target for your little snowballs you scraped together from musings and wild guesses.

The good news is that if you would put down the snowballs and make your way closer to the cage, next to the humble and the meek you would see gaps in the cage, gaps big enough for even snowball throwers to enter through and have a personal encounter with the Lion.

There are also gaps big enough for the Lion to leap out at any time, yet he chose to give this imperfect humanity a chance to define Him. Even though they try to change him to fit their agenda his roar has never changed.

But some day those bars will come down and the Lion you pick on now will roar so loud and so clear that no one will doubt his authority. Every knee will bow every tongue will confess that Jesus Christ is Lord.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Observationalist

Even though the church has botched things up pretty bad like the Israelis did with their kings, God preserved the story of his redeeming love in individual souls not in steeples and stain glass.

I agree, and it has survived in fairy tale and myth, legend and folk lore that has run its course in its own time line parallel to that of the church institution, within the grail myths and legends in perticular.

I'm not sure if you read it, I made another thread on the "virgin birth", hypothesising jesus was the last in a line of a ancient ritual, not nessacerily pagan but world wide, and was denied his kingdom when it was time for Passover. Hence the cover up this thread tries to highlight.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Anyhow the many manifestations of god will continue to reveal the greatness and wealth of the kingdom to those who might see it, while those in charge keep hiding it from the one who might not, and that is how it will be until all eyes are open.

Thanks for the curtious discourse, truely.

Wifi.

edit on 9-1-2015 by Wifibrains because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 06:58 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Observationalist
The same reason non believers do, suckers for tradition.

There are many Christians who don't do Christmas trees or Easter eggs.

But most do....

There is no biblical requirement to celebrate the birth or death and resurrection of Jesus. No contract we sign that says you must go to church on every Sunday you must celebrate Jesus birth on Dec 25th you must...

Has someone said there were such requirements?...

It's funny how so many non believers who are outside of the church think they know how the church should run and how Christians should behave.

Well if youre refering to 'the church' as in the Catholic Church then yeah sure, there are a few pointers that people outside of that club can give......if not, and you actually mean your local church, well I'd have to ask who on earth would know what you and your fellow flock get up to inside those walls?

It's like those kids who were throwing snowballs at the lions.

Christianity you could say has been responsible for rebuilding the cage that once pinned in their Lion.

Sure the Lion looks week behind the bars of religion, an easy target for your little snowballs you scraped together from musings and wild guesses.

The good news is that if you would put down the snowballs and make your way closer to the cage, next to the humble and the meek you would see gaps in the cage, gaps big enough for even snowball throwers to enter through and have a personal encounter with the Lion.

There are also gaps big enough for the Lion to leap out at any time, yet he chose to give this imperfect humanity a chance to define Him. Even though they try to change him to fit their agenda his roar has never changed.

Wait, so now Jesus is a Lion?.....I thought he was a lamb? is he also a monkey?

And Christians walled in Jesus? when? why would they do this?

But some day those bars will come down and the Lion you pick on now will roar so loud and so clear that no one will doubt his authority. Every knee will bow every tongue will confess that Jesus Christ is Lord.

Aah yes, this wet dream seems to be popular amongst such folk here on ATS, a thinly veiled threat made on behalf of a monstrous entity because those holding a certain set of superstitions get upset if you take the time to point out the ridiculousness of the claims they make.

Would the 'meek and mild' make such threats?

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Prezbo369

Well if youre refering to 'the church' as in the Catholic Church then yeah sure, there are a few pointers that people outside of that club can give......if not, and you actually mean your local church, well I'd have to ask who on earth would know what you and your fellow flock get up to inside those walls?

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Wifibrains

Some do it a little differently...

This is great!

edit on 26-1-2015 by Wifibrains because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join