It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Satanists in the Music Industry

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777

Interesting, what is the Mason stargate connection, did the early Masons even know about stargates?

How would Masons know about something that only exists in fiction?

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

well that too.

But is there something like stargates in folklore?

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777

But is there something like stargates in folklore?

Not in any Masonic folklore.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Satanism or illuminati symbolism is prevalent in the music industry. It's all there to see, but people deny it because they have a bias against religion or whatever - but you dont have to be religious to see it.

There is of course Jay-Z who likes to flash his triangle hand symbol, wear Aleister Crowley quotes on his clothing, and whose lyrics say "we're Rockefellers"... Rihanna who follows suit and prefers the devil horns hand symbol... Eminem doing the same thing... There are older ones like Madonna who also uses the Illuminati pyramid

The awesome Marilyn Manson who is an honourary member of the Church of Satan who has a swastika tattooed on his chest, uses nazi banners in his shows, and wears SS emblems

And more recent ones like Miley Cyrus and my favourite, Katy Perry, who claimed she sold her soul to the devil

Ill let her video Dark Horse speak for itself:

Kinda hard to ignore when it's all put together. I think that Satan and Illuminati and Pyramids are all not literal, but symbolism for Power. Celebrity is the new God status, and wealth enables one god-like powers, and slaves. They are trying to make themselves into gods with power over the average person, and use all kinds of psychological warfare techniques to enable it. Musicians who will promote the ideals strike it rich - go figure.

a reply to: TrueBrit
I agree, music is what it is, and you can enjoy it regardless of the #ty lyrics. But at the same time, music as a psychological warfare implement, can impose messages on the populace (particularly young children) and leave a significant impression, and influence them later in life even via triggers (reminders).

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus
thanks

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   
The industry knows what it's doing. Sell to a bunch of rebellious kids thinking rebellion is buying the scariest album cover, the most primal Scandinavian growl with burning churches, crucified Christians and burning Jews and they eat it up with a silver spoon.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

Reading that, you make me long for the good ol' days when the common man and folk singer were heralded as icons of achievement as opposed to all the shiny glitz and false glamour of spray painted gold foam backgrounds.

That being said, another ranting tirade to follow on this issue:

In the late 90's - right before the turn of events - 9/11 and the ensuing chaos that was to follow - there was a profound change of ideology in the music industry and it's underlings. I was a street performer at the time - simple handcrafted folk and grunge songs....when suddenly something swooped in and all of a sudden people stopped listening and dropping change. Folks became more sexually aggressive and began treating me as little more than a hooker with a good cover story. No one cared for originals, they all wanted cover songs. I was steadfast on originals so I died on the street scene fairly fast. Clubs were ok, but the angry experimental electric sounds weren't really "interesting" enough to draw an audience.

Whatever.

Call me crazy, but the change in the social attitude started right after Britney Spears hit the top of the charts and put the likes of female folk singers like Joan Osbourne and Sheryl Crow out of the spotlight. Grunge was being pushed out so the new paradigm could move in. It was hyper-sexual pop music with a fast and easy hook and everyone was eating it up by the fistful. It was cheap, trashy and fast food for the masses....and everyone ate it up as if they were feral animals.

Trends wax and wane. Things change and progress and us old farts are left wondering who the hell these kids on our lawn are and just who the hell do they think they are? It's a tale as old as time. So it's been, so it will always be. At least there are still options to the mega stars and no one is forcing to buy their albums...and the radio and television still have an "off switch".

The nice thing about the modern age is the "mega-stars" of today can be easily avoided if one wishes not to be pestered by them. Just look away. Stop watching the videos and quit buying the music. Not that the majority of teenagers "buy" anything anymore since the dawn of Napster and mp3 file sharing. Plus the added ability of anyone out there to make and self-promote is unprecedented like never before. The "good stuff" (whatever your taste may sway towards) is still out there...one only has to dig until you hit a vein worthy of pure platinum. Buy the dang album and maybe the industry will take notice and bump a new bubble to the top of the pop charts so we can all be amazed at the wonderful new era of "child-gods" among us.

You can connect the conspiratorial dots to your hearts content all you want, but such is the Nature of the Industry Beast. You have to make way for new artists at some point or everyone gets fed up and they decide to fake another death for tribute albums and last minute sales of the "death of a beloved icon" while said star or starlet gets to retire comfortably out of the public spotlight in a country where no one knows or cares who they are.

So it goes.

edit on 12/28/14 by GENERAL EYES because: formatting clarity

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme
The primal Scandinavian growl is not so popular as you might think and not mainstream at all. There is a reason the music industry targets mainly the artists mentioned in the op.
Don't try to bring out conspiracies in the black metal scene cause the industry has very little to gain compared to the popular music scenes out there.
(ps Cradle of filth, Dimmu Borgir etc are not black metal)

The birth of the Scandinavian antichristian black metal scene (with burning churches n stuff) had nothing to do with the music industry, and it's certainly not about the scariest album cover.
It began as a movement against the established christian societies that erased and condemned our pagan past, Black'sters burned the churches that were build upon sacred pagan temple ruins (that the christians destroyed). They gained attention through the underground metal scene across Europe and they created their own underground music distribution companies.
Later it become more popular, but never touched the mainstream.

Being extreme is a way of life.
The use of satanic symbols was used to shock the christians.
and since christians are afraid of Satan, it becomes pretty handy...

''Our Gods became your Satan, and Satan became our God''
Necromantia

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: WakeUpBeer

I was young at the time and living in a deprived area and blah blah, blah. Moral of the story, kids, don't try and be a gangster. The Thug life sucks. I'm a Christian now lol.
edit on 26/10/2010 by TechUnique because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: TechUnique

That's good stuff!
Hells yeah.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dr1Akula
The birth of the Scandinavian antichristian black metal scene (with burning churches n stuff) had nothing to do with the

Adding to this great post....

Here is a list of 10 HM books where a few specifically talk about Scandinavian metal or the devil in music..
www.examiner.com...

I think just about any metal fan has read Lords of Chaos..
I found Lucifer Rising to be a pretty good read.. Covered multiple different styles of metal and had lots of interviews.
I think just about any fan is familiar with the stories of Varg, Death, Euronymous and so on...

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: GENERAL EYES

That's good stuff!
Hells yeah.

I'm much better now and I don't rap about criminal stuff or violent stuff (unless its topical). I write much more real lyrics now. I'm actually sorta working on an album. I'm waiting for the right time to record it though, I hate rushing projects. I just kick back with like 100 projects on the go and work on a few at a time. Some stick, some I forget about forever.

If you like that (I don't really anymore, just reminds me of bad times lol) There's more of my old music on that channel. Plus all sorts of other effed up stuff.

Glad you like it I guess haha.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   

You have talent. Stay at it and keep pushing forward.

I gave up that branch of my art because things got too messy with my niche.

Maybe I'll pick up again one day...not likely, but maybe.

Peace.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: GENERAL EYES

You have talent. Stay at it and keep pushing forward.

I gave up that branch of my art because things got too messy with my niche.

Maybe I'll pick up again one day...not likely, but maybe.

Peace.

Cheers man! I might even record a video in the next few days, I've got a few 'songs' that are pretty much ready to go. I don't get chance to practice them anymore cos all my mates who spit live far away or are in prison so it would be good to flex.

My lyrical game is still on point, even better. I just need to get my projection and flow down again cos I go in HARD when I'm on it.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   

For sure, I understand.

I posted it here because for a bit everyone was posting music.

I didn't comment on it because, well what can I say. I prefer metal.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: WakeUpBeer

For sure, I understand.

I posted it here because for a bit everyone was posting music.

I didn't comment on it because, well what can I say. I prefer metal.

I used to love metal. Gives me a headache now though, it just feels so negative to me. I still can't help getting a little too jiggy with palm muting on my acoustic guitar though.
edit on 26/10/2010 by TechUnique because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I've been a professional musician for 20 years, and have played in some pretty big stages, done my fair bit of touring and played with the top cats for more than a couple of times. All my professional life was jumping from connection to connection, from gig to gig, from manager to manager - so you can say I have a pretty good understanding of how stuff happens on the inside ... i'm also a personal friend of musicians that may be referred as satanists.
But what I see here, is a bunch of people sitting on their comfy chairs with no knowledge whatsoever of the workings of a music industry. There's no such thing as a satanic cult. Musicians are just like normal people who (most of them) just want to be left alone and act normal. The ones claiming to be satanists just do it to make little teenage girls and boys buy their records because they're so "against the system". Satanism in music was pretty old when I started back in the early '90's. Nowadays, musicians see that as ancient and unfashionable. Even though we still have the fame, it is rare to find a drug addict that finds a carreer in this industry. Because it WILL eat you alive, and there's not much left of you when it's done. If you really want to, you can see all the subliminal messages - but artists have done that for centuries!! The same way Picasso is not a cow if he paints one, I'm not a satanist if I have a music video with a reference to it. Cheers. I've been a lurker for about 5 years. This is my first post

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Ridhya

And more recent ones like Miley Cyrus and my favourite, Katy Perry, who claimed she sold her soul to the devil

lol, they all have a song claiming they sold there soul to the devil, its almost getting old. Well except when Em does it, cause he just pulls it off with the kind of class that none of these annoying little pops stars could ever do

I really don't know why people would take it all so seriously, or get offended by it. It's just a hollywood fad, honestly.
edit on 28-12-2014 by Subaeruginosa because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

It's just a Hollywood fad? When is anything done with conviction, EVER 'just a fad'?

Yoyos were just a fad but I guess to some people YOYOS ARE FOR LIFE DUDDE. That being said, a fad would be say, if they all started wearing satan garms (I guess that's happening), but saying in interviews that you openly allow spirits to possess you when you perform and write is entirely different.

As for the people saying they sold their soul, I'm sure some just say it as in 'I sold my soul to the company, or to blah blah' but some literally mean it and openly talk and sing about it.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 09:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechUnique
a reply to: Subaeruginosa
but saying in interviews that you openly allow spirits to possess you when you perform and write is entirely different.

You do realize that these people don't even write there own songs right? There just performers swimming in there millions of dollars, with no actual artistic integrity.

If they were actually possessed then I'm sure they wouldn't need to pay people to write there lyrics and songs. The only thing most of them are possessed with is there own delusional sense of having any original creativity.
edit on 28-12-2014 by Subaeruginosa because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join