It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lost Civilizations: An Alternate View Of Human History

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   
All that I can contribute here, is that there is a "missing piece" to our history, and that, the "elite" basically harbour this knowledge and it is the simple fact that they know what and whom we are (as opposed to the rest that have amnesia) that is the source of their power, or, rather, means by which they restrict our true potential.
edit on 31-12-2014 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 02:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Interesting =) Although it doesn't explain why the brain would have to shrink - all regions mind you, not just those more associated with aggreession capabilities - in order to reduce aggression.

And of course, nobody wants to imagine that the species to which they belong is getting dumber, leading to theories to explain it in a more positive light. Like, another theory is that the cranial capacity might be shrinking, but the complexity - i.e. number of synapses and/or efficiency is increasing.

But an equally plausible (maybe moreso for the morbid inclined) explanation is that we began steadily improving our surroundings in the form of civilization which led to a larger and ever-more efficient communal existence, which in turn made living/surviving easier. And that would lessen the selective pressure on high intelligence (i.e. survivability in tough conditions), combined with, perhaps, women giving birth to smaller-headed offspring having a greater chance of surviving child birth compared to women giving birth to larger-headed children. Over many generations this could favor the smaller-headed children.

But I still think the idea in my original comment has some possibility of being correct =) Remote as it is.
edit on 1 3 2015 by Son of Will because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 11:07 AM
link   
So yesterday I dreamed I was in some lost civilization with a group of students and were all living either on another planet or in the distant past. However we had modern technology in an ancient type of world.

Interesting dream to say the least.

Just an interesting thought, what if there are parallel worlds or times where these worlds arent lost at all?

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 01:46 AM
link   

I always like that ancient aliens show and think they are onto some interesting stuff on the show when it comes to ancient and lost civilizations.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: SystemResistor
All that I can contribute here, is that there is a "missing piece" to our history, and that, the "elite" basically harbour this knowledge and it is the simple fact that they know what and whom we are (as opposed to the rest that have amnesia) that is the source of their power, or, rather, means by which they restrict our true potential.

I wonder why history has been hidden from us, could it be so magnificent that if we ever truly knew the history of the world we currently live in the couse of destiny would also shift?

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 01:41 AM
link   
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

We would realise how far away we have drifted from what we are, and we would realise the true extent of control that operates in our current circumstance. We are heavily moderated and much of our abilities are "reversed" in time so that they can not come to their fruition. Most of what control substantiates as is so present and pervading, that we have almost recognised it as apart of our lives and, hopefully not, as a part of ourselves. To get in to the details would take an extraordinary level of cognition for me to adequately express in this forum - my "higher" thoughts are being "filtered" so that I can only really complete one thought at a time. That mechanism, I can explain, operates like a gated switch, when there is more than one thought entering the program consciousness, the "gate" only lets one thought in at a time, and then holds and resets the other thoughts that you might have been contemplating. It is a rare experience in dreams, that sometimes we come to radical realisations, only to forget them in the morning.

Reality would change because we will be able to take far greater control of ourselves, and thus manifest our version of reality instead of "theirs".

That all being said, there must be a "reason" for this "control" - and there is. Basically, not all of the individuals on this planet are at a higher level of evolution spiritually and mentally, and only those that are would really be "restricted" in this world. Those that are at lower levels outnumber those at higher levels, and if we were really to demonstrate our prowess, it is likely that they would recognise and target us, resorting to primitive measures to combat our efforts.

So, it is like a school where there is only one grade, we might be at a higher grade, but we are made to stay at the same grade as "everybody else"
edit on 12-1-2015 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join