It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Missing Plane Air Asia

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 11:34 PM
link   
a reply to: justwanttofly

CNN reported several lines of very strong thunderstorms in the area at the time.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 11:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Thanks for your information but i highly doubt it.
The United States of America with the biggest black ops budget in the World and the best technology does not know on any given day where all the planes in the World are currently flying,what their G.P.S. location is?
It can put man on the Moon decades back but cannot find a missing airliner.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 11:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: justwanttofly
a reply to: Bigburgh

Indonesian authorities say that the crew requested a "left track" and a climb to 38,000 to avoid clouds, which is indicative of dodging thunderstorms.

Thank you ..
I most appreciate that.

link   

Saw that a few minutes ago. I'm trying to see if there are any observation charts I can get my hands on to see where the storms toppoed out at.

link   
a reply to: southbeach

You can doubt it all you want, but the technology to report their position currently isn't on every plane in the world and won't be for at least another five years. That's a simple fact. The US black budget isn't worried about tracking airliners. It's worried about getting a technological edge and keeping it. Tracking airliners doesn't do that.
edit on 12/27/2014 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

link   
the plane in question was delivered in 2008, making it only 6 years old. very unusual for a plane this new to breakup in flight without help from say a terrorist & bomb

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Unless they are withholding information here is what is known:

1. The pilot didn't have time to issue a Mayday or report serious problems
2. The plane went down outside any active radar area - not during take off or landing when most crashes happen
3. The transponders that go off when a crash happens did not send a signal that was picked up
4. The plane probably didn't go down or land in any area that could pick up cell phone service

I'm sure they'll be talking about coincidences and how these flights are not related but it's too strange.

I think they said the other flight flew something like 8 hours after it went missing - I hope other areas are on the look out for it.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 11:41 PM
link   
a reply to: bigx001

If it still had the Thales pitot tubes it may have stalled in a storm, similar to AF447.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 11:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigx001
the plane in question was delivered in 2008, making it only 6 years old. very unusual for a plane this new to breakup in flight without help from say a terrorist & bomb

I'm going give you a point for that..
But what if? You didn't go to the required hour/flight time maintenance ?

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 11:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Daughter2

If they stalled they might not even have realized they were in trouble to radio anyone. AF447 didn't realize they were in trouble until shortly before they hit the water.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 11:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

The US black budget isn't worried about tracking airliners. It's worried about getting a technological edge and keeping it. Tracking airliners doesn't do that.

Why wouldn't it be worried about airliners? Pearl Harbor and 9/11? (Even if you don't believe the entire story, it's kind of a good thing to know?)

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Any chance it's still in the air?

I know idle speculation isn't the best at these times but I wonder if it's another ghost plane like MH370 may have been, flying off course somewhere waiting to run out of fuel

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 11:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Daughter2

Because the biggest failures that day were procedural. The radar net over the US is provided by the FAA. To replace that would cost a huge chunk of the budget.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Distress radio beacons, also known as emergency beacons, PLB (Personal Locator Beacon), ELT (Emergency Locator Transmitter) or EPIRB (Emergency Position-Indicating Radio Beacon), are tracking transmitters which aid in the detection and location of boats, aircraft, and people in distress. Strictly, they are radiobeacons that interface with worldwide offered service of Cospas-Sarsat, the international satellite system for search and rescue (SAR). When manually activated, or automatically activated upon immersion, such beacons send out a distress signal. The signals are monitored worldwide and the location of the distress is detected by non-geostationary satellites, and can be located by some combination of GPS trilateration and doppler triangulation.[1]

I have an epirb on my boat . Within minutes of it being immersed in water the authorities know where the beacon is . It cant be that hard or expensive to make a whole plane un losable .

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 11:49 PM
link   

In short...that is exactly what we are saying.

And for all that you find it unbelievable, that is exactly the case. For a start, the moon landing was an entirely different proposition, and there was no GPRS involved with it. It was however the only traffic being monitored by the ENTIRE machinery of NASA, which is why it was only out of radio contact with the Earth when it was behind the moon.

However, ATCs world wide are dealing with multiple aircraft, all the time, and it is a BUSY system to try and operate. It would be like trying to prevent people from going missing by using CCTV cameras alone. It just does not work that way, and if it were ever able to, it would require infrastructural spending in vast amounts.

Now, that spending needs freeing up for this, because obviously we cannot have a situation where an entire plane full of people can just vanish from all tracking, but we should be realistic about the challenge that tracking planes actually represents.
edit on 27-12-2014 by TrueBrit because: Grammatical error removal.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 11:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

Theoretically if my numbers are right it could still be up for another hour or two. Realistically, it's down.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 11:51 PM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

They're already on aircraft. The problem is that during a crash an airframe is subjected to several thousand Gs at impact.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Good lord someone was quick to make a wiki page, I stumbled across it when i looked up if Branson and Fernandez were still the main stakeholders of Air Asia.
en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 27-12-2014 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 11:53 PM
link   
The last scheduled maintenance check was last month, but no word on the type.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 11:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: Chadwickus

Theoretically if my numbers are right it could still be up for another hour or two. Realistically, it's down.

Believe me when I say this..
My tablet has only so much memory...

So with a glimmer of hope they are still airborne....
No C-130's needed deployment yet?

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join