It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Missing Plane Air Asia

page: 59
<< 56  57  58    60  61  62 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 01:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Podroom

Let me guess. Israel had something to do with it.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Flight data recorder recovered. The CVR is located under significant debris and may be a difficult recovery.

FDR recovered.

If only one recorder can be recovered, which likely has the most relevant information in an incident like this?

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 02:54 AM
link   
According to several sources, the FDR was retrieved a couple of hours ago. It was lodged in the debris of one of the wings in a depth of about 30 metres.

The CVR is located nearby but not retrieved yet.

Edit: Okay, I'm late
edit on 12.1.2015 by gisolator because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 02:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Leonidas

FDR. The CVR will record what the pilots said and any comments about why they thought it was happening, but the FDR will have actual data they can use.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 09:41 AM
link   
hopefully we will get a release of the complete audio transcript from take off till it quit recording

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: bigx001

Depending on the type of recorder, it may only provide audio from the last 30 minutes of flight.

Even then, it will be a while until the transcripts are released.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: justwanttofly

Most newer recorders will save up to two hours IIRC. They should have one of those with the plane being relatively young.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Yeah that's what I was thinking too but I'm not 100% sure.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   
A 6 year old bus would have FAA TSO-C123a sertificated solid state 120 minutes CVR.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Ivar_Karlsen

That's what I thought but it wouldn't be the first time I had been wrong.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: justwanttofly

Depending on the type of recorder, it may only provide audio from the last 30 minutes of flight.

Even then, it will be a while until the transcripts are released.

it's probably a digital recorder and at least 2 hours on the cvr, probably longer on the fdr, given the age of the plane

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Our newer B737's have the L3 25-30 hours DFDR's.
Pretty much industry standard nowadays.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Breaking News Feed
@PzFeed
BREAKING NEWS: The second black box from Air Asia #QZ8501, containing the cockpit voice recorder, has been retrieved.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 08:00 AM
link   
A Singapore Navy vessel found the main fuselage. The location is about 2km away from the place where the tail was found.

Source

Live blog

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: gisolator

That's probably where they'll find most of the bodies of the passengers. Once they found the AF447 fuselage they found a lot of remains.

Yeah, looking at the pictures, that aircraft was intact at impact. The section over the wing is still almost completely intact.

edit on 1/14/2015 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   
The cockpit and engine have been found about 500 yards from the fuselage, as well as several seats that appear to have bodies still strapped in. Attempts to inspect the fuselage have been unsuccessful due to conditions under water. The decision has been made to raise the fuselage to the surface. The section of fuselage found is approximately 100 feet long, and has part of the wing still attached.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Dosen't look like that plane hit the water with a slap. The fuselage still has a bit of shape to it. maybe they got a bit of control back near the end. or they lost power and glided into the sea...Why no Mayday though??
I remember the search for Space shuttle Columbia, When they found the Cockpit section it was flat as a pancake due to impacting the water.
edit on 16-1-2015 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

It hit flat, in a vertical fall.

The crew might not even have realized they were in a stall. AF447 didn't realize it until it was far too late to do anything about it.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

It hit flat, in a vertical fall.

The crew might not even have realized they were in a stall. AF447 didn't realize it until it was far too late to do anything about it.

Yeah i know what happened to AF447. I said here that this one sounded similar, but i would have expected a flatter fuselage. .? The aircraft must have had at least some forward momentum or maybe i just dont understand the physics or strength of the fuselage involved.
edit on 16-1-2015 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 11:39 AM
link   

No, it hit with a high vertical component, and very little forward momentum going by the pictures. If it had forward momentum it would have been more broken apart than it is. The fact that 100 feet of fuselage is intact, with part of the wing still hooked to it means that it fell almost straight down until impact.

new topics

top topics

<< 56  57  58    60  61  62 >>

join