It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Missing Plane Air Asia

page: 56
<< 53  54  55    57  58  59 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 12:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Daughter2

They're having a very hard time doing anything because of the seas. They're high enough that helicopters are having to limit their time on station, because they can't land on ships. They only just reported tonight that they found the fuselage wreckage. Any time seas are that high though they have issues with sonar, which makes the search even harder.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 01:00 AM
link   
According to the Indonesian Transportation Ministry, on the day of the crash, AirAsia didn't have permission to fly that route. They have currently been suspended from flying it. The statement says that they had permission to fly it Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday from an unspecified date in 2014 until early 2015. Prior to October, they had permission to fly the route daily, and the head of a state owned airport operator said that they had permission to fly on Sunday.

Shortly before this was released, two large pieces of wreckage were found on sonar, believed to be the fuselage of the aircraft.

www.wsj.com...

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Reports of two large parts of the aircraft being found in 30m water.

www.bbc.co.uk...

Search teams scouring the Java Sea for the wreckage of AirAsia flight QZ8501 have found "two large objects", Indonesian officials say.

Mr Soelistyo said on Saturday that the large objects had been detected by sonar from an Indonesian navy ship.

"We found oil slicks and huge objects at 23:40 (16:40 GMT) last night. I am confident these are parts of the missing AirAsia plane that we are looking for," he said.

He said the larger of the objects was 10 metres by five (32ft by 16ft) but that strong currents made operating the underwater vehicle difficult.

"As I speak we are lowering an ROV (remotely operated underwater vehicle) to get an actual picture of the objects detected on the sea floor. All are at the depth of 30 metres."

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Daughter2
the tapes

Microchips/integrated circuits. It doesn't role off the tongue well though does it?

ICs are thousands of times more impact resistant than tape recorders. They can literally be ripped from the circuit board and the recordings still recovered from them, so modern commercial aircraft carry solid state flight recorders. ICs are also waterproof, and because of their lower operating power, internal batteries can be used to run the box even if power to it from the aircraft discontinues.

edit on 3-1-2015 by CraftBuilder because: to clarify.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Reports emerging that it was an UNAUTHORISED flight.

REVEALED: AirAsia flight QZ8501 did not have a permit to be flying deadly route on the day it plunged into the sea as investigators announce they have found 'four big objects' in search for lost jet
The plane had been flying on an unauthorised schedule when it crashed
The airliner has now been suspended from flying the route from the city of Surabaya to Singapore
Search team came across 'two big objects' in the Java Sea off the island of Borneo late on Friday night
The plane was reportedly flying on an unauthorised schedule when it crashed on Sunday
This comes as 21 bodies were pulled from Java Sea - the largest number of search so far
New discoveries bring total found to 30 as another 132 remain missing
Five of those found today were still strapped into their seats, officials say
Crews have found tail end of plane, but still no sign of black box recorder

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

edit on 3-1-2015 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58
wow that seems very very odd to someone like me.
They can't fly that route on wensdays and sundays.
do you have any knowledge of why that would be needed?

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Not having permission to be on a certain route could tie into the changing accounts of if they gained permission to change coarse or not. It looks like info in that area is slow to be released. In the us this would all be day 1 info.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

Routes change all the time. If passenger counts drop they go to alternating days. Most US airlines change their schedule for summer and winter.
edit on 1/3/2015 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 01:02 AM
link   
On a legal note, Not having permissions and licensing to be on that route on that day, makes the airline liable irregardless of the cause of the crash. Not that it matters to the poor souls that perished, but it will to the their families.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 02:00 AM
link   
er.... i'm confused! if 160+ people had prebooked the flight surely they knew what day it was to fly?

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 05:19 AM
link   
a reply to: fotsyfots

I am more confused with the not flying on Sunday part..

How the plane took off if it is not scheucled to Fly in the first place...

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 05:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Humster

They weren't allowed to fly that route Sunday, they were allowed to fly Sunday, just on a different route.

For some reason they disobeyed this request..

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Humster

The tower doesn't have a full schedule of every airline and what days they're allowed to fly where. All they know is a flight plan for point A to point B was filed by airline C.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 05:56 PM
link   
The odds of surviving a plane flight are getting smaller and smaller every day

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: twentyeight

You're kidding right? In 2014 there was one fatal accident every 2.38 million flights.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: twentyeight
The odds of surviving a plane flight are getting smaller and smaller every day

Huh, you can't be serious with that right?

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Doubt anyone is reading this anymore so I may make a thread---
CNN article today www.cnn.com...

AirAsia Indonesia did not have a license to fly the Surabaya-to-Singapore route on Sunday that ended in tragedy, it has been revealed.

The airline was approved to fly the route four days a week but it did not include Sunday.

Let me get this straight---this is a regular route, which did NOT include Sunday flights...HOW on EARTH were people about to purchase tickets for this flight? Am I so naive to think that this stands out as horrendously strange, or is this more common that I think?

A random Sunday flight filled with people, when the regular route never included Sundays...I don't know what to think any more.

EDIT: Seen someone posted an article from dailymail so I will leave my link up too for comparison---will be reading through thread for your thoughts guys, thanks.
edit on 4-1-2015 by kismetpair927 because: Added note

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: kismetpair927

It was previously a daily route. It never got changed in the computer system even though the certificate changed. I'm willing to bet if you check Flightaware as far back as you can it was flown seven days a week.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Thanks for the info! I was just reading a comment about how this will make the airline totally liable for the incident.

top topics

<< 53  54  55    57  58  59 >>

join