It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Missing Plane Air Asia

page: 51
<< 48  49  50    52  53  54 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 05:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ivar_Karlsen
a reply to: 727Sky

Another Asian special, flaps 5 - 195kts mid rwy landing?

No kidding huh ? They did say the weather was crapolla.. One of the things I always liked about Asia and South American flying was they very seldom closed the airport down on you; at least that was the case during my flying career.. Gave you the facts and let you decide to hold or proceed.. Some funny stories about weather guessers who never looked outside their pillbox..

Going into Guatemala one night (last flight in) at approx 125 nm they informed me that the airport was fogged in below minimums and asked what was my intention. They had an ILS approach which required 1/2 mile visibility to shoot the approach. I informed them that we needed 1/2 mile vis and if the wx did not improve before we got there I would go to San Salvador and refuel so I could come back and hold over their airport for the next several hours...

Ahhh standby ..... "Oh, you are very lucky sir we just checked again and we are now reporting 1/2 mile visibility" !

We shot the approach and landed, legally.. If we would have shot the approach and not landed then I would have gone to Salvador and spent the night.. But they did not know that...

Since we were the last flight in for the night they wanted to wrap their day up and go home ... I believe the airport closed after our flight was terminated/at the gate for the night and reopened around 6am the following morning..?

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Thanks for your - man on the spot - share with us .

Industry insight goes a long way in helping the way ATS works ...

I personally hate take off's and landings.

Even having flown in most things aircraft - including commercial long hauls - to Parts of Europe - Sth. America, Coupla crosses- of the U.S.A.
( still amazed at how much of the US is owned and worked. Compared to the mostly barren heart of Australia ... )

Even used to take small plane joyflights with a mate in armed forces - to keep his hours up ...

Fixed wing as well as overhead.

I still regard it as like taking off in a dack dack ( VW Bug ) !

Bounced landings in small craft have humorous moments - if you can play them back ( without censorship ).

Looooooong take off's from Frankfurt on Lufthansa long haul ... can also induce a severe - involuntary sphincter twitch ...

Not to mention Frankfurt to Faro ... when the hosties bolted themselves in and screamed with the rest of the uninformed -yet - very shaken cattle class ( no class distinction on that one ! )

My heart felt sympathies go out to the Families of the poor folk that experienced this and way more.

The scenario playing out in these good people's mind is something to feel honest empathy for. Unimaginable terror ... in the truest sense !

We can only hope that the subsequent investigation ; prevents any similar disaster.

edit on 31-12-2014 by Timely because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Conspiracy stakes increase

@trevorw1953: AirAsia CEO Dumped Shares Days Before Flight Disappeared - www.globalresearch.ca... via @grtvnews

Just like other planned 'events' such as Sept 11, those in the markets always manage to cover themselves. The chinese blogger suggested the design was to hurt Malaysia - anyone know potential reasons?
edit on 31-12-2014 by Loopdaloop because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-12-2014 by Loopdaloop because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Pretty sure someone here mentioned that the CEO dumping stock was debunked.
edit on CST08America/Chicago820152015123120152014-12-31T08:49:36-06:00 by TheGoondockSaint because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Loopdaloop

In Tune Insurance, not AirAsia.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Oops coming in hot and that too mid rwy. No wonder it overshot.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheGoondockSaint

Love how someone is always ready to check peoples share patterns after events like this.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Loopdaloop

originally posted by: TheGoondockSaint

Love how someone is always ready to check peoples share patterns after events like this.

It was completely debunked. He dropped half his shares in an insurance company a week and a half or so before this, not shares in AirAsia.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Loopdaloop
Conspiracy stakes increase

@trevorw1953: AirAsia CEO Dumped Shares Days Before Flight Disappeared - www.globalresearch.ca... via @grtvnews

Just like other planned 'events' such as Sept 11, those in the markets always manage to cover themselves. The chinese blogger suggested the design was to hurt Malaysia - anyone know potential reasons?

And just like with 9/11, people keep sharing "facts" that simply are not true, imputing motives that do not exist for crimes that were not committed.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Oh for Pete's...

Indonesian Independant article

An Indonesian search and rescue official said on Wednesday that none of the bodies recovered so far from the crashed AirAsia jet had been wearing a life jacket.

"There is no victim that has been found wearing a life jacket," said Tatang Zaenudin, deputy head of operations at the national search and rescue agency.

"We found a body at 8.20 a.m. and a life jacket at 10.32 a.m. so there was a time difference. This is the latest information we have," he added.

The same official told Reuters earlier that one of the recovered bodies had been wearing a life jacket.

Way to backpedal and confuse dude. Way to go. That's up there with some others of 2014... oyyyyy.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: auroraaus

I've never been impressed by Indonesia when it comes to dealing with the media. Too many people trying to get their name in the press or seem more important than they are.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Well that's even more degrees of separation no? So why are some people grouping this all together under Malaysian air? I did say may be btw as far as what country. I had no idea. I just don't see how this adds up to any conspiracy and now I see even less of a chance. . reply to: zazzafrazz

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: DancedWithWolves
How is this possible? Holding hands? Wow sad and shocking.

Indonesian search officials have now confirmed they have located the fuselage of AirAsia flight 8501 on sonar radar, upside down on the sea floor.

It comes amid revelations from a pilot involved in the search, that three people killed on the AirAsia flight were holding hands when their bodies were spotted floating in the sea.

Lieutenant Airman Tri Wobowo, who co-piloted the C130 Hercules aircraft that first saw debris of the plane on Tuesday, said

‘There are seven to eight people. Three [of them] again hold hands.’

The chief of Indonesia's search and rescue agency, Bambang Sulistyo, said that two males had been recovered, along with one female who was wearing a flight attendant uniform.

Could they have survived the crash then died waiting for search and rescue? What are the temperatures currently in this area and of the water. This seems mind-blowing to me. How were they still holding hands? Sad. Very sad.

Source

IF and its a big IF they survived impact the water temp was irrelevant the storm would have meant them drowning in minutes.

No way search and rescue could have got to them in time.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: AutumnWitch657

Possibly because they have a large hub in KUL and because MAS services their E and M contract in their hangar. They have no loyalty program partnership, no air codeshares.
Also Malaysia Airlines is the flag carrier of Malaysia and a member of the Oneworld airline alliance (the best alliance imo) and the government owns them.
Air Asia is a owned by a corporation.

So to answer your question, people are lumping them to together because they have a headoffice hub in Malaysia. But are separately owned and operated.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   
But details change on stories all the time as new information is found. It goes that way with breaking news. At first details are few then as investigations continue more details are revealed. There is nothing nefarious about that. It's how these things go
In a y event the plane has been found and bodies are being recovered and its sure looking like a weather related crash and this airline I have now learned has no relationship with Malaysian air or Malaysia at all. . a reply to: deadeyedick

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nochzwei

Oops coming in hot and that too mid rwy. No wonder it overshot.

Yeah, because real men don't go around.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 10:51 AM
link   
No argument from me. I was telling Dick that it wasn't a covert move or unexpected move especially given the weather conditions. reply to: zazzafrazz

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: AutumnWitch657
But details change on stories all the time as new information is found. It goes that way with breaking news. At first details are few then as investigations continue more details are revealed. There is nothing nefarious about that. It's how these things go

In a y event the plane has been found and bodies are being recovered and its sure looking like a weather related crash and this airline I have now learned has no relationship with Malaysian air or Malaysia at all. . a reply to: deadeyedick

That is right. Getting details wrong that should be rock solid is either shoddy reporting or small clues that point to other more sinister motives. In this case yes it looks to be shoddy reporting but it will become clear if they release the recording. Not allowing a plane to divert away or around a storm is a very big deal and such things could easily have cover up attempts attached to them.

I think the relationship the airlines share is location.

Does anyone have knowledge of what chances they have in finding the black box givin that the water is shallow? Will this make it easier?

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

As long as they find the main fuselage they shouldn't have any trouble finding either recorder.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Ivar_Karlsen

Gotta save that infallible pilot reputation.

top topics

<< 48  49  50    52  53  54 >>

join