It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Missing Plane Air Asia

page: 50
<< 47  48  49    51  52  53 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Brucee

Your link to the blog doesn't work for me.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 11:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: justwanttofly
a reply to: wulff

They weren't trying to top it they were trying to navigate through it. It's possible that they got weather radar returns that indicated a better passage by climbing.

I'm a pilot and realized they weren't trying to top it and it's a good point you made but with my experience in large aircraft I think I would be trying to get lower into the denser air and a hole in the weather. If it wasn't for the fact they were over 30,000 when they decided to go yet higher, I'm guessing from your screen name you might be a pilot and know how easy it is for winds to make your aircraft slide and how un-responsive the controls are above 30K.
I know what what you are saying and every pilot has at one time or another made a decision that could either end well or in disaster. Another thing that was on my mind is at that altitude you have to worry about the passengers unlike a B52D where everyone is on o2 wearing helmets and flight-suits with parachutes (but the idea of ejecting into a thunderstorm is the stuff of nightmares!).
I'm just saying I am curious why the decisions were made like they were, I guess we might know after the black box and in-flight recorder is examined. Thanks for responding and commenting on my post.
edit on 30-12-2014 by wulff because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 11:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Flatwoods

Who's Ernest Hemsworth?

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 11:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

Try again

bbs.tianya.cn...

It works for me, just slow but it works - at least from the country I am living ;-)

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Guys ,the guy who posted the "warning" is not called Landlord. That is simply the name of the guy who owns the thread. From then on, anyone who comments will get a place. So, person x posts a comment, he will get level 1 of the flat ( the thread). In this case, the guy who wrote the warning is called "everyone will have their own joy".

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 11:56 PM
link   
a reply to: wulff

You're definitely not the only one curious as to the reasons why the crew made the decisions they did.

Ejecting into a thunderstorm? No thanks.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 12:10 AM
link   
yes it was mentioed a couple times in this thread, you did, indeed, miss it

originally posted by: Brucee
No one reported on the prediction of an AirAsia crash in this threat? Or did I miss it?

On 15th od December a user warned in a Chinese blog not to use Air Malaysia or AirAsia due to a new planned MH370 incident

Here is the link. Just use google translate.

Chinese blog

An organization "black hand" who is also responsible for MH370 and MH17 want to ruin Malaysia.

As stated this has been posted 13 days BEFORE the crash and users have also responded to this threat mostly with mockery and malice - before it happened!

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 12:48 AM
link   
They spotted an exit door and a flight attendant. I don't really listen to the safety talk at the start of the flight but doesn't the emergency exit door become a flotation device or turn into a raft automatically during a water landing?

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 01:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Daughter2
They spotted an exit door and a flight attendant. I don't really listen to the safety talk at the start of the flight but doesn't the emergency exit door become a flotation device or turn into a raft automatically during a water landing?

actually there is an large inflatable tube below the emergency exit door. It can be inflatted to become a slide during crash landings on land and a raft during landings on water.

But isn't the QZ8501 going fast enough so that it will disintegrate upon touching the water?

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 01:38 AM
link   
How is this possible? Holding hands? Wow sad and shocking.

Indonesian search officials have now confirmed they have located the fuselage of AirAsia flight 8501 on sonar radar, upside down on the sea floor.

It comes amid revelations from a pilot involved in the search, that three people killed on the AirAsia flight were holding hands when their bodies were spotted floating in the sea.

Lieutenant Airman Tri Wobowo, who co-piloted the C130 Hercules aircraft that first saw debris of the plane on Tuesday, said

‘There are seven to eight people. Three [of them] again hold hands.’

The chief of Indonesia's search and rescue agency, Bambang Sulistyo, said that two males had been recovered, along with one female who was wearing a flight attendant uniform.

Could they have survived the crash then died waiting for search and rescue? What are the temperatures currently in this area and of the water. This seems mind-blowing to me. How were they still holding hands? Sad. Very sad.

Source

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 01:41 AM
link   
a reply to: AnnoyingNipples

It wouldn't really "disintegrate upon touching the water". It would break apart into thousands of pieces, but not completely disintegrate altogether. There would still be identifiable sections of aircraft in one piece.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 01:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: DancedWithWolves

Indonesian search officials have now confirmed they have located the fuselage of AirAsia flight 8501 on sonar radar, upside down on the sea floor.

It comes amid revelations from a pilot involved in the search, that three people killed on the AirAsia flight were holding hands when their bodies were spotted floating in the sea.

Lieutenant Airman Tri Wobowo, who co-piloted the C130 Hercules aircraft that first saw debris of the plane on Tuesday, said

The chief of Indonesia's search and rescue agency, Bambang Sulistyo, said that two males had been recovered, along with one female who was wearing a flight attendant uniform.

Could they have survived the crash then died waiting for search and rescue? What are the temperatures currently in this area and of the water. This seems mind-blowing to me. How were they still holding hands? Sad. Very sad.

Source

Most likely bracing down for impact after listening to the captains announcement?

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 02:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Daughter2

Not sure about the door being used for a flotation device - but there's a giant inflatable slide (also at the emergency doors) that automatically inflates on impact - like how an airbag in a car works. It also deploys when people open the door while the plane is still taxi-ing - like that Chinese dude found out a few weeks ago.
edit on 31-12-2014 by auroraaus because: totally replied to the wrong poster lol

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 02:43 AM
link   
a reply to: DancedWithWolves

The temperature of the water at this time of year isn't cold, but factor in wind chill it can be a bit of a doozy. Generally, this time of year, it's pretty humid there.

Zaphod explained a few pages back re: holding hands. I'll see if I can link it here.

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: auroraaus

It's amazing what survives a crash. Things that you think wouldn't do, and things that should don't. They've had high G impacts where they found bodies holding bibles. One flight attendant was thrown clear during an in flight breakup, and survived.

Also interesting it's upside down. Waiting to hear from Zaphod and other subject matter experts to explain to us
So thankful we have some knowledgeable people here.
edit on 31-12-2014 by auroraaus because: my hotdogs taste like dish soap :S

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 02:51 AM
link   
You guys might want to check the link to the following article...

(Reuters) - A body recovered on Wednesday from the crashed AirAsia plane was wearing a life jacket, an official with Indonesia's search and rescue agency said, raising questions about how the disaster unfolded.

Reuters

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 03:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Brucee
a reply to: Chadwickus

The pilot did not get permission to climb to 36.000 feet. But latest radar data shows that he was. Which professional pilot ignores a traffic control demand?!? Without notifying flight control that they have to climb due to turbulence!
Who was really flying the plane, the pilot of someone else?

A pilot with bad data to the air data computer. Unless you're gonna say Air France 447 was under someone else's control. Or any of the other flights with frozen pitot tubes were under someone else's control.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 04:02 AM
link   
a reply to: auroraaus

Clouds create vertigo. Vertigo is fun, and dangerous as hell.

Here's a fun experiment we used to do to demonstrate it.

Take a broom stick and cut it down to a comfortable length. Tape it to the foot rest of an office type chair (make sure it's one that has a bar type footrest).

Put a blindfold on that you can't see through on, and have someone spin you 8-10 times then stop you. Once you stop, keep the "stick" centered for 30 seconds. At the end of that time freeze exactly where you are and take the blindfold off.

That's vertigo.

Simple explanation is that with no outside references your body loses the ability to tell up from down. An experienced instrument pilot SHOULD know better than to look outside, but it's bitten many pilots in the ass over the years. We used to have a requirement that without a waver, all fighters on ferry flights had to be on the ground before local dark.

They only had one person on board, so there was no one to check them if they started to lose the plot, and they weren't familiar with the place they were landing so were more susceptible.

There are other possible causes, but that is one.
edit on 12/31/2014 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

edit on 12/31/2014 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 04:42 AM
link   
When it rains it pours:
Another AirAsia plane is involved in an incident

SINGAPORE - An AirAsia plane overshot the runway at Kalibo International Airport near Boracay, a popular Philippine tourist destination, on Tuesday evening.

Several posts on social media showed emergency slides being deployed from the Airbus A320 plane, which appeared to have come to a halt on a grassy field.
straitstimes.com 2014-12-30

AirAsia flight overshoots runway in Kalibo, Philippines

MANILA: -- ANOTHER AirAsia plane has been involved in an incident appearing to have overshot the runway at Kalibo in the Philippines.
According to Jet Damazo Santos, a journalist from Rappler Indonesia, passengers had to leave the aircraft using its emergency slide.
“Engine was shut immediately, we were told to leave bags, deplane asap. Firetruck was waiting. Seems handled well,” she posted on her Twitter account. “Nobody seems to be hurt. Weather was bad because of #senangph. Plane came to a very abrupt stop.”

-- news.com.au 2014-12-30

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 04:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: DancedWithWolves

Source
Found holding hands is very very interesting at the same time sad.
imo there is something other worldly at hand here.
Its a deep mystery.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 04:57 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Another Asian special, flaps 5 - 195kts mid rwy landing?

new topics

top topics

<< 47  48  49    51  52  53 >>

join