It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Missing Plane Air Asia

page: 38
<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 01:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: auroraaus
a reply to: daaskapital

Indonesia has confirmed.

Confirmed - objects from missing plane

The Indonesian civil aviation chief says the debris spotted in the Java Sea belongs to missing AirAsia flight QZ8501.

The Air Force has reported sighting a suspected body, a life vest, luggage and plane debris off the island of Borneo

Also they are urgently recalling next of kin for a meeting.

The photo's are hard to make out.
I'll take their word on it though.
Thanks for that link.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 01:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

No worries. The photos are also on BBC News website - probably easier to see there in context.

The media are also reporting that the Indonesian officials have stated they have found red and white debris consistent with the plane - although I can't find any of those images. Needless to say - they probably won't release them until next of kin has been informed.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Sweet Jesus

New Strait Times

The chief of the search agency Basarnas said he was 95 per cent sure that the debris was from the wreckage of QZ8501. He said several commanders in the search operation are confident among the debris was an emergency exit door. -
He instructed for all debris to be evacuated and sent to the closest post in the town of Pangkalan Bun.

Objects resembling a body, luggage, a life vest and debris suspected to be part of the jet were also spotted by a pilot involved in the search operation, domestic media reported on Tuesday.

“The body seemed bloated,” said First-Lieutenant Tri Wibowo who was on board a Hercules aircraft during the search operation, reported the Kompas.com website.

The sightings were made at around 11am Indonesia time, Lt Wibowo said, after searching for around five hours. The suspected remains and debris were seen in the Karimata Strait, west of the Indonesian part of Borneo.

A navy chief spokesman also told TVOne: "Crew had visual of people at sea surface, not far from debris."

"We are checking whether they are people still alive or bodies."

May God give all those involved strength to get through these times

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 02:01 AM
link   
a reply to: auroraaus

Well it was a forgone conclusion the ending was not going to be sun shine and rainbows.

After the first 12 hours it became more a hunt for the blackbox than survivors.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 02:02 AM
link   

At this point, it's a recovery operation. If it's in pieces, there's almost no chance of survivors.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Yes thank you and DaasKapital for the information.
Now keep our fingers crossed for at least one survivor and their claim.
Not likely.. but information will start processing quicker from here.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 02:04 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

I still hold on to hope that there could be survivors - stranger tales of survival have happened after all, especially in this part of the world.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 02:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

At this point, it's a recovery operation. If it's in pieces, there's almost no chance of survivors.

Pretty much.

Lets hope they went quick. Which is likely due to the suddeness.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 02:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: auroraaus

I still hold on to hope that there could be survivors - stranger tales of survival have happened after all, especially in this part of the world.

Complete hull loss in a tropical storm its extremly unlikely.

Even if some survived when it hit the ground they would have drowned in minutes.

I just cant see anyone surviving im afraid.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 02:09 AM
link   

It was most likely either a high G impact with the water if they stalled and dropped, or a sudden breakup in flight, so the odds are it was.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 02:10 AM
link   

In that case - I echo your hope that they went quickly and without suffering.

Man
What a way to end the year. So much heartbreak wherever you look.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 02:18 AM
link   
It appears as if they have an understanding of the plane's location now too...

The head of search and rescue, Sulistiyo, grimly announced at about 2.45pm local time (6.45pm AEDT) that evidence had been mounting for almost four hours of the location of the downed jet.

He said the plane's emergency door had been identified, as well as what looked like the shadow of the plane's body under the water.

"We are now officially announcing that on the third day of the search, we found the debris," Sulistyo said.

The plane is lying on the ocean floor at a depth of 25m to 30m, which will allow recovery authorities to utilise divers, he said.

goo.gl...

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 02:21 AM
link   
a reply to: daaskapital

This is good for authorities then.
Hope the black box is there.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 02:27 AM
link   
it is being reported that 6 bodies have been retrieved so far from the area.

Updates from New Straits Times

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 02:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

It was most likely either a high G impact with the water if they stalled and dropped, or a sudden breakup in flight, so the odds are it was.

At first I agreed.
But if they see he shadow of the planes body underwater. Only assuming it's the fuselage itself.
It still could have been a high speed impact at an angle. Broke up. And any souls that remained have drowned.
But if pressure in the cabin was lost rapidly. Then we already know what happened.

I was just hoping for another Hudson River landing that broke up. And perhaps someone is on a raft.
Water wouldn't be an issue with rain..
But three days of other elements is much.

edit on 30-12-2014 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 02:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

There's less chance it's intact than there are of survivors.

A water landing, in storms that strong? No way it's intact. The shadow is debris.
edit on 12/30/2014 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 02:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

OK..
I'll have to agree.
Thanks.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 02:47 AM
link   
CNN are reporting that ATC did not raise an emergency on this aircraft for 92 minutes, seems too long to me considering
what's happened this year already.

Some experts seem confident that passengers will be found strapped in their seats. Poor people...

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Photos seem to be of someone in underwear in the water. Although now deceased.

Suggests a blast or survival after landing and stripping down to aid swimming.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 03:49 AM
link   
So a plane crashes at very high speed, remains intact at the bottom of the sea, and all we can find is a few debris?
Something doesn't feel right about this. Where are the pictures? A piece of wood doesn't qualify as evidence.

I don't trust the Indonesian government. If I'm a family member of those who crashed, I would demand that the bodies be returned.

top topics

<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join