It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Missing Plane Air Asia

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 11:44 PM
Anyone in the know here have any information on what traffic could have been flying at or above 38,000 ft., in the area where QZ8501 requested a clearance for that altitude (and was refused)? This, to me, would only be understandable if other aircraft in the area had previously requested a change in that altitude due to the height of the storm clouds.

In addition to that, what was the alternate solution given to the pilot? Would not the pilot be vectored +/- 45 degrees from normal heading and then granted the altitude change? The pilot would have asked for that increase in altitude in safety of the aircraft, and how could he/she be refused evasive measures? I don't like what I am reading about this, if it is indeed a true account of what is known to have transpired as of this time.
edit on 28-12-2014 by charlyv because: spelling , where caught

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 11:53 PM
a reply to: charlyv

Agree wholeheartedly with your statement. This is what I have seen and I assume we could verify this and if their location warranted a DENIAL of 8501's request...

The route was a well-traveled part of the Indonesian archipelago; six other aircraft were in the vicinity of Flight 8501 when it disappeared, according to data by Flightradar24, an organization that tracks aircraft.

ETA another source suggesting an aircraft above. No indication of alternatives offered yet.

But Indonesian transport ministry official Djoko Murjatmodjo said the request "could not be approved at that time due to traffic, there was a flight above, and five minutes later [flight QZ8501] disappeared from radar".

second source
edit on 29-12-2014 by DancedWithWolves because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 12:03 AM
AirAsia flight QZ8501 'likely at bottom of the sea'

The AirAsia plane that went missing with 162 people on board en route for Singapore is likely at the bottom of the sea, Indonesia’s National Search and Rescue Agency chief said on Monday.

“Based on the coordinates given to us and evaluation that the estimated crash position is in the sea, the hypothesis is the plane is at the bottom of the sea,” Mr Bambang Soelistyo told a press conference.

“That’s the preliminary suspicion and it can develop based on the evaluation of the result of our search.”

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 01:18 AM
We are still in the dark.

Poor families ... again/still.

People talking Aliens and Government false flags , not a lot of mention of bad weather -

nor - cohesive search METHODS ...

Aussie military is largely un-appreciated .
We do it because - it is the right thing do do - seek out survivors from sea tragedies.
Way too common !
Way too dangerous !

Way too important to who we are to ignore it !

They don't like us - but we are there ...

Some will have their perceived reasons.

And that is ATS.

Saluting the Australian response - again !

( we are spending up big on these two non-Australian disasters. Don't get me wrong ... we have much crud happening here and now ... it is the Aussie way to look after Mates and Neighbours. )

I made an earlier post ( or 3 or 4 ) about how we as an area of the world; should collaborate military OHR radar , radar,
'chatter' etc.

Shared intel - Better results !!

Oh! Unless we are on a brown duck - goose chase !!

Who knows ?
edit on 29-12-2014 by Timely because: spelling atrocity ...

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 01:20 AM
let me know when the KGB Putin and insidious hand of Moscow appeared in the media

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 01:22 AM
a reply to: Dark Ghost

The Indonesian government had to wait over 24 hours just to provide that update, please. Everyone is assuming it will be at the bottom of the sea somewhere, the problem is that we haven't found any wreckage of the plane yet. I'm sure that there are many rescue planes that is covering the java sea at this moment and the search area should be small enough to find at least a tail or parts of the wing by this time. It feels like mh370 again.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 01:27 AM

originally posted by: charlyv
I find it rather amazing that people are grinding Zaphod's gears over this ground speed thing. The ability to keep an aircraft flying is never measured in ground speed. It is the airspeed over the surface of the wings. Zaphod knows this, professional air traffic control people know this. He was trying to make that clear, and I think it was crystal. The person(s) who referenced ground speed in the context of determining if the aircraft was flying to slow was in error of terminology. Cut and dry.

The rational, intellectual responses have been shouted down as often happens by the emotional, visceral clamouring of panicky world-view don't-bother-me-with-facts-I-REALLY-know-what's-going on crowd. As with all things like this, the facts will win out and those intent on making accidents like this a talking point in their agenda will fold the mythology - not the facts - into a larger narrative and move on.

All the hyperbole and adamant assertions do not turn opinion into fact. The truth is not subject to democracy, it simply is. Theories and conjecture are to be expected in the early hours of a tragedy. That's fine as long as people understand what they are engaging in and leave it at that.

As with other aviation threads on ATS Zaphod has shown the patience of a saint and continues to stick to the facts, regardless of how "boring" or "naive" he is accused of being. However, in the process of time he has proven to be right.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 01:29 AM
a reply to: takers888

to add - any floating debris from qz8501 should be headed west... and most likely given the storm activity in the area, caught underneath the surface.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 01:43 AM
Yes he could have been vectored to accommodate his request. But lack of a mayday call is particularly disturbing and I also don't like what I am hearing.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 02:29 AM

Been wondering about that as well ever since the news of this unfortunate tragedy. Apparently the Pilots wanted to avoid some potential dangerous weather when they made that request. It's disturbing that no May Day alert was received by the Aircraft.

At the same time, It's also equally disturbing because of today's advanced tracking technology. It leaves any reasonable person to have many possible suspicious and questionable assumptions. My heart goes out to the families of all possible fatalities. ~$heopleNation

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 02:44 AM
a reply to: Nochzwei

Pilots are instructed from day one to aviate, navigate, and communicate, in that order. Falling back on this order of operations has saved many lives, and altering the order of these operations has cost many lives.

This isn't to say that issuing a mayday is unimportant, however at times of significant pilot and crew workload, particularly emergency situations, all cognitive ability should be focused on keeping the frame airborne, navigating once altitude and flight characteristics have been re established, and lastly, communicating with all concerned parties regarding your location, the situation, and the actions you have taken to mitigate immediate life threats.

Again, this leads credence to the unanticipated, rapidly unfolding, catastrophic emergency scenario, most likely precipitated by some sort of significant weather event.

If there isn't wreckage or debris/flotsam found within the next 48 (weather notwithstanding) I may change my tune...

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 03:00 AM
Aussie plane spots objects 1120kms from location of last contact

An Indonesian official says objects have been spotted in the sea by an Australian search plane hunting for the missing AirAsia jet.

Jakarta's Air Force base commander Rear Marshal Dwi Putranto said he has been informed that an Australian Orion aircraft had detected suspicious objects near Nangka island, about 160 kilometres southwest of Pangkalan Bun, near central Kalimantan - 1120 kilometres from the location where the plane lost contact.

Obviously early days still... and the area does have a fair bit of flotsam anyways. Fingers crossed we have answers soon.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 03:05 AM
While speculation, it is sounding similar to Air France 447. Incorrect pilot inputs based on erroneous computer outputs....speculation based on speculation of course.

Deviate from bad weather along with reports the aircraft was way under speed. Frozen pitot tubes again?

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 03:16 AM
a reply to: ownbestenemy

Earlier in December, the European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) ordered a change in procedure for all A320 jets after computers onboard a similar A321 aircraft thought it was about to stall and pushed the nose downwards – which is the standard way of preventing an upset – just as pilots were trying to level off after climbing to their intended cruise height.

The incident happened after certain sensors iced up in bad weather. It is thought to be the only one of its kind since the A320 entered service in 1988, but resulted in a special bulletin to operators from Airbus, which was later made compulsory by EASA.

article from New Straits Times

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 03:19 AM

Perhaps the request to climb was denied because the storm was over 50,000 feet in height, so,they were never going to get over it.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 03:20 AM
If they search for the plane as rigorously as MH370 and three months from now find no trace, will people be thinking there is foul play afoot or put it down to coincidence, two mystery disappearances. Im just wondering what peoples thoughts are?

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 03:29 AM
Oily spots possibly found (not my words) --from this site
"Air Force spokesman Rear Marshal Hadi Tjahnanto told MetroTV that an Indonesian helicopter spotted two oily spots in the Java Sea east of Belitung island. Unlike the Australian discovery, the oily spots were within the search area, which stretches 60 kilometers (37 miles) around the point where air-traffic controllers lost contact with the plane.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 03:40 AM
a reply to: auroraaus

The “suspicious objects” search teams have spotted in the water are near Nangka island off the coast of Malaysia, quite a ways past the plane’s planned destination of Singapore.

Business Insider

The spotted object is a long distance from the last known contact of the plane unless it almost made it to its destination .

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 03:57 AM
I'm not sure if the objects are the same as the oil slick but the oil slick just has been ruled out.

I hope the same "we found debris - no sorry we really didn't" pattern isn't going to be repeated.

I'm thinking about something I heard regarding the riots in Ferguson. A local reporter said one of the reasons they keep saying a Grand Jury verdict is close is to wear the crowd down. So many false starts and people begin to tune it out.

Kind of the same thing here. Look at what happened to the thread about M370. Each new debris field or new route theory made people go off on long tangents.

edit on December 29th 2014 by Daughter2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 04:10 AM

originally posted by: AthlonSavage
If they search for the plane as rigorously as MH370 and three months from now find no trace, will people be thinking there is foul play afoot or put it down to coincidence, two mystery disappearances. Im just wondering what peoples thoughts are?

I would say the majority of the population will accept what ever the MSM tells them to accept. If they come up with some story that's based on a bunch of highly unlikely series of events - they'll accept that over the simple explanation of sabotage.

new topics

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>