It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Missing Plane Air Asia

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 04:19 PM
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

How unfortunate...for them. It is not as easily explained is it? The price they pay for selecting such a bragging pull quote in their magazine. Perhaps the PR budget and passenger body scanner money would have been better spent on improved radar and gps technology in aircraft. Thanks for the clarification though.

And just because it wouldn't be ATS without a little out of the box report...I'll leave this here too.

A video has surfaced of Nigerian preacher T.B Joshua predicting that a plane (Air Asia Flight 8501) will crash and go missing around Indonesia.

In a video made available to T.B Joshua could be heard saying: “I have a message for the nation Indonesia, this country Indonesia, I don’t know what is happening but they should pray.

“When it comes to this disaster issue, I don’t want to mention it. It looks so nasty to me to mention- a situation that it will cost a lot of lives, suddenly. This is a crash.”

Mr. Joshua gave reasons for the crash and said there is something geographically wrong with the area where the ‘AirAsia’ plane went missing.

Strangeness abounds. Peace

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 04:20 PM
a reply to: theabsolutetruth

Even if someone is going to introduce that ground speed argument into the debate, it's still a bad one. A ground speed of 353kts could be expected when considering that the plane was probably climbing to 38,000 at the best angle of climb speed(Vx). This, coupled with the realistic expectation that they were facing some respectable headwinds, would make a groundspeed of 353kts a logical possibility. Tracking west means they went through with the requested left turn, nothing to see there.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 04:28 PM
a reply to: Zaphod58

Exactly. Ground speed and air speed are two very different things.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 04:32 PM

How do you know his comment was just about ground speed?

You do not.

The fact is it is reported it was cruising at a steady level flying of 32000ft 469KTS when it went from ATC though the leaked ATC suggests it was at 36300ft 353KTS and climbing, there is a suggested 12 minutes interval of these reports. It was also reportedly off course after asking for permission. There was also no distress signal.

It all adds to bigger picture of an incident that doesn't look great so maybe the comment was based on the entire incident.

Arguing things for the sake of it just because I said it is tedious.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 04:34 PM
a reply to: justwanttofly

I never mentioned ground speed, I posted a picture of the leaked ATC screens and unsurprisingly a certain member decided on berating the comment. I suggested he go tell the guy that wrote it.

Straw man arguments are against T&C.
edit on 28-12-2014 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 04:35 PM

Your reply seemed to support the ridiculous stance that these disappearing planes are just lost, and because of the geographical circumstances, the fact they are never found or heard from again is substantiated.

This simply cannot happen anymore, especially in light of the fact that we can find an Iphone more easily than we can find a giant jet full of fuel and people.

I don't claim to know if this is terrorism or simply an interesting series of accidents, but here's how it can be resolved:

Data from the plane is transmitted to an information center as it is in flight. This black box stuff is ancient. Instead of storing the information in a black box (that goes down with the plane and is easily lost), it is transmitted to a center in real time and it's stored there as its flying. If something happens to the plane, the data can be easily and simply retrieved.

I know you are going to say that not all areas of the earth can support such technology, and I say BS. If we send data back from the Moon and from Mars, then we can send data to a satellite from a moving plane.

I don't know why this sort of technology doesn't exist.

I mean, duh.
edit on 28-12-2014 by MRuss because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 04:35 PM

The guy that wrote it put "ground speed" in the tweet itself.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 04:38 PM
a reply to: justwanttofly

He also put other information, including the picture, which is the purpose of posting it.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 04:38 PM

Additionally, ground speed is the only speed that ATC tracks. You can see it on the screen.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 04:41 PM

originally posted by: caskatoon
a reply to: randyvs

Thank you for adding the points I failed to highlight....

Oh that's right, in regards to the prophecy.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 04:42 PM

Regarding your post...and the continuing discussion...

Experts say AirAsia plane 'flying too slow'

Geoffrey Thomas, aviation expert and editor of, spoke to several check captains and believes the pilot of the QZ8501 encountered difficult weather conditions but flew too slow in his efforts to avoid it.

'Pilots believe that the crew, in trying to avoid the thunderstorm by climbing, somehow have found themselves flying too slow and thus induced an aerodynamic stall similar to the circumstances of the loss of Air France AF447 to crash in 2009,' Mr Thomas told AAP.

The Air France AF447 crashed into the Atlantic Ocean in 2009 while en route from Rio De Janeiro to Paris.

'The QZ8501 was flying too slow, about 100 knots which is about 160 km/h too slow. At that altitude that's exceedingly dangerous,' Mr Thomas said.

'I have a radar plot which shows him at 36,000 feet and climbing at a speed of 353 knots, which is approximately 100 knots too slow ... if the radar return is correct, he appears to be going too slow for the altitude he is flying at.'

Mr Thomas said this should not happen in an A320, a sophisticated aircraft, so it appears as though it's related to extreme weather conditions.

'He got caught in a massive updraft or something like that. Something's gone terribly wrong,' he said.

'Essentially the plane is flying too slow to the altitude and the thin air, and the wings won't support it at that speed and you get a stall, an aerodynamic stall.'

The A320, while sophisticated, is not equipped with the latest radar, Mr Thomas said.

The radar used by the A320 can sometimes have problems in thunderstorms and the pilot may have been deceived by the severity of these particular ones.

The latest technology radars, which were pioneered by Qantas in 2002, can give a more complete and accurate reading of a thunderstorm, but they haven't been certified for the A320 until next year.

'If you don't have what's called a multi-skilled radar you have to tilt the radar yourself manually, you have to look down to the base of the thunderstorm to see what the intensity of the moisture and the rain is, then you make a judgment of how bad it is. It's manual, so it's possible to make a mistake, it has happened,' Mr Thomas said.

- See more at:

As some here have suggested, these experts may be wrong.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 04:44 PM
a reply to: Leonidas

Being new here has nothing to do with the fact. If you want to live in a tight lil box were you believe what your being told by ruthless evil satan worshipping scumbag. Then u have that right. Youtube is just as bad as mainstream. Its been proven time and time again that those who are in control will stop at nothing to control every aspect of this world. Look at all the false flag events staged around the world. I for one do not believe a damn thing these days unless I see it with my own eyes. I cant prove that they are listening to all our phone calls texts emails everything. I cant prove that they monitor the entire globe. At the same time you cant prove they are not. So I take my attitude and digress I made my point. Thanks for the kind invite.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 04:48 PM
a reply to: DancedWithWolves

Sounds feasible when ALL factors are considered, instead of ground speed alone, which it appears only certain posters on this thread are doing.

The discrepancy of the reporting is also rather a concern, variations in ATC areas, altitude, when and where it went off radar etc.

All added to the ''Malaysia again'' factor and anyone worth their salt will not see it as ''nothing to see here'' and instead search for the truth.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 04:58 PM
a reply to: Soloprotocol

You First.

Phff! Negative! The question was asked more as a probe
than an inquiry. I wouldn't have any need for a chip, without
a framing hammer.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 05:01 PM
a reply to: Bloodydagger

Some terrorist organization is stocking up on "plane weapons" to use as suicide crashes

How does jacking a plane and keeping it use in the future differ from jacking a plane and using it in the now?

Unidentified/hostile planes will be treated exactly the same when entering restricted do things differ with a plane that has been hijacked months earlier?

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 05:06 PM

originally posted by: paradisepurple

originally posted by: opethPA

originally posted by: paradisepurple
Disgusting that the search has been suspended until daylight hours. Why can’t they just use night vision and heat imaging cameras? Precious hours lost, it makes no sense! Those poor families....

Sure and risk turning 1 missing plane or resource into multiple because searching the ocean at night in iffy weather is risky at best. I know, they do it on TV or in the movies all the time, why cant they do it in real life.

There are planes taking off/landing and activity in the shipping lanes.... What am I not getting here...? I flew through a monsoon in this area and it wasn't pleasant but they're used to it in this part of the world.

To halt all searches due to it being dark and there being inclement weather sucks imo.

Fact is they are dead.

If a plane goes missing out at sea and isnt found in the first few hours it pretty certain everyone has died.

No point risking more lives searching for corpses.
edit on 28-12-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 05:19 PM

Read his tweet. He specifically says "ground speed". In both of them.

First one... "...but [ground speed only 353 kts...."

Second one...."...with grnd spd only 353 kts..."

Get over yourself if you think I'm arguing something because you said it. The person that tweeted those pictures screwed up by saying ground speed and I said something about it. It didn't have a damn thing to do with you the first time it was posted either.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 05:23 PM

Oh my god! You're right! I've totally ignored everything but ground speed! Thank you for once again showing me the error of my ways!

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 05:26 PM

The fact some guy mentioned ground speed and you jumped on it instead of considering the bigger picture and the fact he probably was referencing the ground speed relative to altitude and weather conditions was rather short sighted, especially when there are EXPERTS that also think it is a concern.

I mentioned me because it appears on this and other threads, everything I post you appear to argue it, for the sake of it.

You are showing yourself on this thread as dismissing anything other than the stuff being fed from the media and not taking into account there are also discrepancies in the reporting of this incident.

I think it is worth considering that there could be a conspiracy to it, or something more than a coIncidence. No sale on the ''nothing to see here line''.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 05:27 PM
The search resumes...

CNN Breaking news update, posted at 6:15 p.m. ET Sunday, 6:15 a.m. Monday in Indonesia]

The search for missing AirAsia Flight QZ8501 has resumed in Indonesia on Monday, a reporter embedded on a military search plane for Indonesia's TV1 network reports.

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>