It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Missing Plane Air Asia

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Correct me if I am wrong, but is that not the real goal of a search like this or AF447, MH370? Searching for aircraft well after the reasonable chance of finding survivors has passed is about hoping to stop the next accident. To find out what happened so that every effort can be made to mitigate the chances of the same circumstances causing another accident?

edit on 28-12-2014 by Leonidas because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

Thank you for adding the points I failed to highlight....

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Leonidas

Exactly. Every crash has an important lesson to teach. Sometimes something simple. Other times hard truths come out.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 03:08 PM
link   
It is wierd how the us lottery always climbs very high during these air events of death.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: theabsolutetruth

They're saying now 6:13 for radio, and 6:16 for radar. IIRC there's an hour difference local between Indonesia and Singapore. It sounds like someone added that time difference in.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   

That's correct. 1 hour time difference.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: DancedWithWolves

That picture and the one in the link is standard airline PR/consumer confidence building. What else are they going to say about their pilots? "There's a reason we pay top dollar for expat US pilots, so strap in!"?

edit on 28-12-2014 by justwanttofly because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Sounds like Jakarta expected it to be within their ATC region, when it disappeared it was in Indonesian ATC region.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Some terrorist organization is stocking up on "plane weapons" to use as suicide crashes.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick
It is wierd how the us lottery always climbs very high during these air events of death.

Our bi-weekly lottery jackpot here in Austria is usually 1 Million Euros. Tonight there were 10 Mill in the pot...

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: HedyLamarr

heard on my local radio that the planes will head back out to search in about an hour from now......maybe we will hear some news later today

edit on 28-12-2014 by research100 because: dang spelling

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: southbeach

The US black budget isn't worried about tracking airliners. It's worried about getting a technological edge and keeping it. Tracking airliners doesn't do that.

No but our, Russian and maybe the Chinese have satellites can see a fly on the butt of a dog so hopefully someone points one in that area and sees where it is. Then again who would expose their tech after it wasn't done for the first one to go missing and who would want to pay for it to be re tasked. I would find it hard to believe that the U.S. doesn't already know what happened to it and where it went down. The problem might just lie in the fact that they do not want the Chinese to know we have a sat that looks in that area although it wouldn't surprise the Chinese.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Patriotsrevenge

And even if the optics were that good, they still can't see through storms without a radar system of some sort.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: HedyLamarr

originally posted by: deadeyedick

Our bi-weekly lottery jackpot here in Austria is usually 1 Million Euros. Tonight there were 10 Mill in the pot...

during the mh370 the lottery here was up to a billion. It is not that high here but very close. Other flights crashed follow the same wierd suit. Might as well buy a ticket and pray they are all safe. The average here is about 30 mil but it is 10x that now i will win it.
edit on 28-12-2014 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: justwanttofly

Ahhh the high PR cost of a baseless false bravado. I'm sure they will be given countless opportunities to explain their justifications for such statements and why exactly they were...wrong.

Your slogan, on the other hand, has a certain ring to it.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: DancedWithWolves
Ahhh the high PR cost of a baseless false bravado. I'm sure they will be given countless opportunities to explain their justifications for such statements and why exactly they were...wrong.

They were not referring to losing an aircraft, the blurb was about not landing at the wrong airport due to pilot error.

edit on 28-12-2014 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   
These are the reported leaked ATC screens.

twitter.com...

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Putting way too much stock into ground speed. I said it before, ground speed is a bad indicator.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   
The guy that wrote it knows about planes. I suggest you tweet him and let him know you disagree.

originally posted by: Zaphod58

Putting way too much stock into ground speed. I said it before, ground speed is a bad indicator.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   

I'm far from the only one. It's possible to have a negative ground speed and still be flying. In fact someone in this thread did it. So that doesn't say crap about this flight except it was climbing.

new topics

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join