It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Missing Plane Air Asia

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: paradisepurple

There's bad weather that kicked up in the area too according to early reports. You'd be risking missing something and another accident. Especially if the crews aren't trained well on night vision goggle flying.

link   
Here is the video playback of the flight from Flightradar24.com

If you click on the link it shows video playback of the flight. It also says it landed at 00:29.

edit on 28-12-2014 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: paradisepurple
Disgusting that the search has been suspended until daylight hours. Why can’t they just use night vision and heat imaging cameras? Precious hours lost, it makes no sense! Those poor families....

Sure and risk turning 1 missing plane or resource into multiple because searching the ocean at night in iffy weather is risky at best. I know, they do it on TV or in the movies all the time, why cant they do it in real life.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: theabsolutetruth

According to the people at FR24 when a plane goes missing the software shows it landed by default.
edit on 12/28/2014 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Disgusting that the search has been suspended until daylight hours. Why can’t they just use night vision and heat imaging cameras? Precious hours lost, it makes no sense! Those poor families....

because the millions givin for that gear was spent on swimming pools

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

But they're so used to bad weather in that area, you'd think some some sort of search would still be able to continue though the night.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   

I've read that there are still ships conducting a search.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   

They have to stay low though to search. Low at night in good weather is difficult. Low, at night, in bad weather, on night vision goggles would challenge highly trained US pilots.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   

But wouldn't you think in this day and age planes would have a backup,

in-fact don't Boeing have a Ram air turbine for when a failure with electrics happen??

link   
I'm not sure if you guys can remember this but a few weeks after Malaysia Airline flight mh370 went missing, AirAsia did a advertisement in the papers quoting " At least our planes don't go missing". Karma is a B.

link   
a reply to: justwanttofly

The government mobilized as many fishing boats as they could as well.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   

But they're so used to bad weather in that area, you'd think some some sort of search would still be able to continue though the night.

Big difference between flying over an area of the ocean in the dark in bad weather and searching for something in an area of the ocean in dark in bad weather.

It's logical and the correct application of resources to not search at night right now.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Phatdamage

All commercial planes do. But the RAT provides just enough power for flight controls and essential systems.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: theabsolutetruth

Thanks. Here it is embedded from youtube.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: takers888

I'm not sure if you guys can remember this but a few weeks after Malaysia Airline flight mh370 went missing, AirAsia did a advertisement in the papers quoting " At least our planes don't go missing". Karma is a B.

It was actually a question and answer article written in their inflight magazine which was formatted for publishing (as all periodicals) months before release and had nothing to do with MH370. Additionally, the phrase was 'your plane will never get lost' in regards to training and navigation.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Planclength
a reply to: Leonidas

Like many in this thread. I think you underestimate the pure evil and hidden technology. You cant help it your programmed that way.

You are new here. This isn't Youtube, drop the attitude.

2014 is one of the safest years in aviation history. Tracking technology to follow every flight at every point along it's path exists but will not be installed on a significant portion of the commercial fleet for the next 5-10 years. The realities of commercial aviation in Southern and Southeast Asia are much different than in Europe and North America. The infrastructure, training and maintenance regimes are not what they should be.

Unless you travel internationally it may be difficult for some to comprehend how large the planet is. The oceans are huge. This is not the first jetliner to go missing only to be found days, weeks or years later. Regardless of what you may believe, accidents still happen. Finding out why so they can be avoided in the future is why so much time and resources go into finding downed planes, regardless of where they are lost or why.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: opethPA

Sure and risk turning 1 missing plane or resource into multiple because searching the ocean at night in iffy weather is risky at best. I know, they do it on TV or in the movies all the time, why cant they do it in real life.

There are planes taking off/landing and activity in the shipping lanes.... What am I not getting here...? I flew through a monsoon in this area and it wasn't pleasant but they're used to it in this part of the world.

To halt all searches due to it being dark and there being inclement weather sucks imo.
edit on 28-12-2014 by paradisepurple because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   

edit on 28-12-2014 by takers888 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   

There are planes taking off and ships in the area. What am I not getting here...? I flew through a monsoon in this area and it wasn't pleasant but they'[re used to it in this part of the world. To halt all searches due to it being dark and there being inclement weather sucks imo.

Because flying through a monsoon isn't the same thing as searching for something in the ocean at night.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Ignoring my ignorance but isn't a navigational signal an important thing?

RAT will power vital systems such as flight controls or flight-critical instrumentation, Navigation and communication equipment.

so if this plane had a failure it must have had a complete failure, and the RAT would at least put out some signal of its location, if that failed maybe a mid-air explosion?

why else would the RAT not deploy?

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join