It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Missing Plane Air Asia

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Leaked information?

Aviation expert Gerry Soejatman tweeted out a 'leaked' picture of the ATC screen on QZ8501. He seemed to be suggesting that the altitude of the plane and the ground speed of the aircraft didn't seem to be fine.

source

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 01:08 AM
link   
a reply to: caskatoon

Technically the plane was disappeared for sometime.
As even the reports used the right word. (disappeared)

And the plane also went down in what the prophet was
calling the triangle of death. It also said something about
a SAM in regards to the prophecy. And clearly mentioned
" In a couple of days" which is very accurate. Respect for
Chadwickas but I found the prophecy valid.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 01:08 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

It's possible. The old experienced guy could be looking at a problem the wrong way or have the wrong solution and the younger inexperienced guy could have the right answer. Another situation might be one relating to bare bones skills flying the airplane. Young guys are sometimes seen as the better "stick and rudder" pilots, but not better pilots overall because they lack the more valuable experience of the older guys. There could come a situation where an older guy's skills have diminished so much that it is better to have the young guy actually fly and the old guy just manage. I think that there's a part of CRM that deals with situations like that(not sure though).

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 01:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: justwanttofly

I hear that! My only query there is, can there ever be a situation in the air, where the more experienced pilot is going to be less reliable than the younger, less experienced pilot?

yes. when he's been ecky-thumped & removed to the galley by a co-pilot for displaying mega arrogance to a bleeding obvious scenario.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 01:12 AM
link   
a reply to: DancedWithWolves

Ground speed isn't always a good way to judge. Airspeed is...twitchy. You actually have at least three measures. Indicated airspeed, which is what the instruments show. True airspeed, which takes into account winds and other factors. Ground speed, which is your speed over the ground.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 01:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

The Dover C-5 crash a few years ago went something like that too. It was a newly AMPed airframe and they shut the wrong engine down. How you don't notice that you shut the wrong engine down I have no idea.

edit on 28-12-2014 by justwanttofly because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 01:16 AM
link   
a reply to: justwanttofly

I got it. Basically, it's like Jackie Stewart from the Formula 1 world. He's a damned fine driver for his age, but you get Lewis Hamilton to drive your car for you because he is sharper in terms of physical and neurophysiological responses.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 01:17 AM
link   
This again...

we really don't have time for this since we're still trying to find another plane.

On the to do list.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 01:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nochzwei

originally posted by: Zaphod58

Tenerife.

The more experienced pilot started to take off without clearance. The FO spoke up the first time, but both the FO and FE remained quiet the second, and they slammed into the Pan Am that was on the runway taxiing.
Not to mention that the capt was also the Chief Pilot of KLM

the issue there wasn't fear of speaking up but of being berated by that pilot, if you didn't agree with him. in asia it is about not showing disrespect, by questioning the senior persons actions. similar but different
edit on 28-12-2014 by bigx001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Not their understanding, but the ability for a younger less experienced pilot to speak up to an older, more experienced crew member, and be listened to.

Rapid fire!
Was told once.. no Sullenbergers ..( bad spelling )
Yep I was told to shut my trap!
All I was ask was please kill the battery .. ( in which... I KNOW MY PLANE BETTER THAN YOU )..
I was told by my chief... cut the power...( sop! )
Oil and hydraulic fluid for miles it seemed... ( call in in the kitty litter crew ).
The younger guy may need to be heard..
Not in this case though..
You can't beat weather..

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Whoa...

That's one hell of a fender bender!

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 01:26 AM
link   
ground speed is not a good indicator. i have at times been moving backwards, with respect to the ground, during slow flight and given the right wind speed

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 01:29 AM
link   
i am guessing the plane came apart because of a loss of pressurization event.(Explosive decompression)

why??? no mayday and it went from what is normal flight level 320 to 380 just before being lost.

this type accidents.
en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 01:31 AM
link   

That was addressed a long time ago.
www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 01:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: ANNED
i am guessing the plane came apart because of a loss of pressurization event.(Explosive decompression)

why??? no mayday and it went from what is normal flight level 320 to 380 just before being lost.

this type accidents.
en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...

Whoa!
Don't go there yet!

But good info!

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 01:33 AM
link   
a reply to: bigx001

I read this and started laughing. I have also been there and tried to do it- without success though...

edit on 28-12-2014 by justwanttofly because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 01:35 AM
link   
More media confirmation of a crash...

JAKARTA, December 28 (Sputnik) — AirAsia flight QZ 8501 crashed of the coast of Indonesia, with the cause thought to have been severe turbulence, the Indonesian National Search and Rescue Agency said Sunday.

"AirAsia Airbus A320, flight QZ 8501, flying from Surabaya [Indonesia] to Singapore fell into water near Belitung island [Indonesia]," Republika newspaper quoted the agency's representative as saying.

According to the statement issued by AirAsia, air traffic control lost contact with flight QZ8501 at 07:24 local time (00:24 GMT). There were 155 passengers on board, including 17 children, two pilots and five cabin crew.

Search and rescue operations are underway under the guidance of The Indonesia of Civil Aviation Authority (CAA). AirAsia Indonesia is assisting the investigation.

source

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 01:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

Whoa...

That's one hell of a fender bender!

Yep! You're not from here... so you don't know FLO.. ( anyone with a real computer mind uploading that insurance commercial? ).. now for that C-5 Galaxy I read ...

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 01:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: justwanttofly
a reply to: bigx001

I read this and started laughing. I have also been there and tried to do it- without success though...

easier done as single pilot

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 01:46 AM
link   

a reply to: southbeach

And unless they've surreptitiously installed tracking systems then they can't do it.

So you agree......

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join