It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Missing Plane Air Asia

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 12:38 AM
link   
On the found plane crash:

Google Translation-sorry not translating well.

BELITUNG, KOMPAS.com - A plane reportedly crashed in the Pacific ocean waters of the East, the Pacific Islands, Sunday (28/12). It is not yet certain point the crash site.

"Did Mr. Danlanud phone Mr (Basuri), no information ngasi water plane bus crashed in the waters around Beltim," said Yuhinu, aide Regent Beltim Basuri T Purnama, when contacted bangkapos.com, Sunday (28/12).

from source
Plane bus? Airbus?

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 12:41 AM
link   
a reply to: ominousrex

Thanks.

With storms that's one possibility I'm leaning towards, but you're right, we'll have to wait and see.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 12:43 AM
link   
a reply to: caskatoon

That video was painful to watch.

Spell check would be useful too..

What's Atlantais?

Anyway, the "prophecy" says another plane will disappear..it seems as though that they have found the wreckage, so fail on that one.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 12:43 AM
link   
pbs.twimg.com...
This has probably been posted before but it seems there was some pretty nasty weather .

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 12:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: justwanttofly
a reply to: Bigburgh

They only requested a climb to 38,000. They'd never make it anywhere near 53,000. Well developed(like these) thunderstorms are commonly in the mid 40s to 50s so getting above them is not all that common.

I can't definitively say whether or not they should've been there because it depends on a lot of other factors.

So my fear of playing Russian roulette in flying anywhere...
Gosh damn!

Fly it over time..
Man..
As a kid flying from L.A. to east coast.. no brainer...now....
Thanks ATS..
Everyone counts!

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 12:46 AM
link   
a reply to: justwanttofly

Well, access to the net means that I know everything I need to, exactly when it comes up. After reading of the event, I now understand what you mean. Basically, the crash you alluded to was tragic, but was made much less so by the ingenuity and knowledge of the planes workings, shown by the pilots and crew during its descent. They were able to establish a rudimentary control method on the fly, that basically allowed the crash to be a partially controlled one, quick thinking which saved 62% of the passengers and crew aboard.

Are Zaphod and yourself suggesting therefore, that there is a problem with a lack of this sort of intuitive understanding with some aircrews operating in the Air Asia outfit?

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 12:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

zaphod58 glad you are here, with all your experience and knowledge of planes, you post good info for us when these things happen....will keep an eye on this thread

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 12:48 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Not their understanding, but the ability for a younger less experienced pilot to speak up to an older, more experienced crew member, and be listened to.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Hmm.

I get you. Basically you are saying that if a younger second in command sees a flaw in a plan, or a better way to achieve a goal, he might be less likely to speak up because of some social and cultural mores which might prevent him doing so freely?

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 12:51 AM
link   

An Indonesian news portal Bangka Pos had quoted an official from H.A.S Hanandjoeddin Tanjungpandan Airport in Indonesia, Suparno, said the exact location of the crash site has not been identified.

The portal also reported that the Indonesian national search and rescue agency (Basarnas) team from Bangka Belitung were heading to East Belitung waters.

"We will immediately head to East Belitung by sea," said Basarnas Commander Joni Superiadi to Bangka Pos.

www.malaysiandigest.com... itter

"We are coordinating with the rescue team and looking for its position. We believe it is somewhere between Tanjung Pandan, a town on Belitung Island, and Kalimantan," Indonesia's air transportation director-general Djoko Murjatmodjo said, according to AFP.

edit on 28-12-2014 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 12:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

Yes I'm sceptical about it as well, just pointing it out...

I was pondering the same question, perhaps you could ask directly to the 'prophet'?

There hasn't been confirmation yet that the plane has been 'found'.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Exactly. A lot of Asian cultures are built around respect for elders and experience. It's extremely hard to teach both sides to both speak up and listen when necessary.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Yeah. Most Asian cultures are very authoritarian centered. What the elder says goes and there is no debate about it. If the subordinate tries to speak up or do something different, they are punished or ostracized or something along those lines. When you introduce a system like CRM into a cultural environment like this one there are many conflicts that arise because of the cultural values and many times the pilots will revert back to the dominant culture.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 01:00 AM
link   

I hear that! My only query there is, can there ever be a situation in the air, where the more experienced pilot is going to be less reliable than the younger, less experienced pilot?

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 01:01 AM
link   

your post reminded me of something...saw a documentary years ago, a flight had problems...they thought there was an engine problem...the passengers could see out the window and it wasn't the engine they said it was...but none of the passen gers spoke up to correct them, the plan e crashed and everyone was killed

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Tenerife.

The more experienced pilot started to take off without clearance. The FO spoke up the first time, but both the FO and FE remained quiet the second, and they slammed into the Pan Am that was on the runway taxiing.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 01:04 AM
link   
I think the CRM should apply regardless of the culture.
Lost or crashed, tragic either way.
My condolences to those affected.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 01:06 AM
link   
a reply to: research100

There have been a couple like that. The most recent was a 737 in the UK. They developed a vibration in the engine, and shut the wrong one down, because the type they were experienced in showed a certain parameter for only one engine where the new one showed both. They went by experience and shut down the wrong engine and crashed into a hill by a motorway.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 01:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

Tenerife.

The more experienced pilot started to take off without clearance. The FO spoke up the first time, but both the FO and FE remained quiet the second, and they slammed into the Pan Am that was on the runway taxiing.
Not to mention that the capt was also the Chief Pilot of KLM

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 01:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Nochzwei

That was one of the reasons the FO was afraid to speak up.

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join