It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police turn backs on New York mayor outside funeral for slain officer

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

I don't think anyone teaches them to strangle people to death & then complain that the Mayor would side with the anguished public over such a travesty.

You're right! No one on a police force needs to be taught
strangulation 101, pretty basic. And the cops aren't complaining.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 09:55 PM
link   
This whole thing started because the young man was selling.... "Cigarettes!"
Why is that even illegal?
So the mayor shares some responsibility.
The police most likely see it that way.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Hoosierdaddy71
Unless he made the law it is not his cross to bear.
And that isn't the issue they are having and you know it

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Because you have to possess a license to do so.

So it can be revoked if you sell to a minor!

And the store owner didn't like Garner selling
smokes in front of his business, so he called the cops
on Garner. And garner knew exactly what would play
out. So he had his buddy stand by and film it. You tube
and a possible law suit plenty of motive. But the plan
wasn't to wind up dead I don't think. But #### happens.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Time for the mayor to clean house then.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 10:17 PM
link   
sound like the nypd are having a temper tantrum...maybe they need some time on the time out chair

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=1880907

A mayor disliked by the police ?

Thats a mayor I might vote for !

Make them wear body cameras and report to a citizen run watchdog group !

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 10:40 PM
link   
The only people in this whole situation acting like mature adults is the family of Officer Ramos...everyone else has an agenda and are obviously driven by it in their words and actions.

We could all learn a lot from this family.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 03:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hoosierdaddy71
Maybe the police should not patrol or respond to calls in bad neighborhoods. That would eliminate all the violent confrontations in these areas between police and the public. No confrontations, no police brutality.

Wow.

So it's the bad guys that make the cops act like a gang? And pull stunts like this, to prove they are a gang? And call themselves a wartime police force, due to the actions they themselves have done?

If the police were to protect and serve, then confrontations where they kill people by default, WOULD NOT HAPPEN.

Ahh but if they just ignore the problem areas, why it would not be an issue. Hell, lets simplify it, make murder legal.

lol

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 04:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword

originally posted by: Logarock
a reply to: MALBOSIA

He went overboard when he talked about warning his son about the NYPD for starters. Man sounds like he's got Stockholm Syndrome or something.

I thought "Stockholm Syndrome" is when one empathizes with their abusers. The abusers in the case are the police, who are throwing a collective tantrum instead of taking constructive criticism and a look in the mirror. They're in denial about their own problems and blaming, who else, the mayor. Classy!

Btw, the mayor was absolutely correct to remind his son that his minority status can make him a statistic. Speaking as a concerned parent to the concerned parents of New York's minority population was a wise move, and good advice for all parents.

Not in this case. It means sympathizing to the point of stupidity with the flap just because his son is mixed and his wife is black.

And a statistic to what? Other blacks? Did he warn him of where the real danger will come from? Did he say "son you are more likely to get killed 50 to 1 by a man of your own skin color". Did he say that? "Son, so many folks of your color behave badly that you may get some residual effect".
edit on 28-12-2014 by Logarock because: n

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 05:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
sound like the nypd are having a temper tantrum...maybe they need some time on the time out chair
yeah lets see what if all 35K of them quit. lets see how that time out will work for the community and the mayor.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 06:23 AM
link   
a reply to: IntastellaBurst

I'd give him my vote as well.

With all of the public figures in the past that have supported them, it must be very difficult for them to see the current mayor actually talking about the issue that is with the cops, rather than the public.

I for one celebrate the amount of courage it has probably taken him to even THINK about making a public spectacle of the police procedures, let alone actually taking action on it.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Terrifying.

The police are public servants. They seem to be forgetting this. And turning their backs on the person elected by the people to monitor and control their behaviour just screams to me that there is a police force on the verge of turning fascist and becoming a law unto their own.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Oh Boo Hoo!
Poor ickle fascist bully boys all upset when 2 of their fellow fascists get gunned down.

Perhaps if the police acted in a more civil manner when dealing with everyone "not them", then maybe things would perhaps be a little better. When they act as judge, jury and executioner, and the rest of the time getting their jollies roughing people up and committing crimes, then what the hell do they expect?

Sad that people have to die, but when they cover up for wrongful deaths at the hands of police officers, something has to give and people are going to hit back. Were the 2 officers that died involved in crime and questionable actions against others? Who cares, it's irrelevant, when innocent people suffer at the hands of their fellow officers all the time.

On a brighter note for the police, I am sure they'll get even more powers as a result of all this. Hey, they might even get some more staff at their new Israeli office and some more IDF training on how to deal with the enemy (ordinary people).

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Logarock

And a statistic to what? Other blacks? Did he warn him of where the real danger will come from? Did he say "son you are more likely to get killed 50 to 1 by a man of your own skin color". Did he say that? "Son, so many folks of your color behave badly that you may get some residual effect".

Judging from the way De Blasio relayed his parental message to his son, and how much it pained him to pass along certain facts, I believe that he did. Being an innocent victim of the police is just another part of the peril of being a young black man.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs

Because you have to possess a license to do so.

In my opinion, this right here is the root of the problem because technically, no. Obviously. Mr. Garner was, in fact and in deed, quite capable of selling single cigarettes.... He did not "have to possess a license to do so." Rather, he had to possess a license to do so only because the state has decided to use the color of law to impose their will on the people, including Mr. Garner, and will use the force of law -- up to and including lethal force -- to ensure the people, including Mr. Garner, comply. Not for the greatest, or even the greater, good of the people, but only to benefit the few at the expense of the many.

And the store owner didn't like Garner selling
smokes in front of his business, so he called the cops
on Garner.

Exactly. In direct violation of natural law and the free market, under color of law, the store owner is given not just preferable but exclusive privileges and/or entitlements, protected by the force of law -- up to and including lethal force.

A common presumption is that all laws are worthy, and if violated, all such violations are worthy of lethal force. But we all know what assumptions really are. If we're going to grant law enforcement the power to use lethal force against anyone resisting arrest, then the crimes damn well better justify the use of lethal force for resisting... i.e., that person better be a clear and present danger to the people of the community.

Our law enforcement officials deserve better than to be used as hired thugs for the elite class. My heart goes out to all law enforcement, who are caught between a rock and a hard place, including the NYPD. I'm disgusted with De Blasio. He's the mayor! If he thinks there are problems in his PD, it is his responsibility to fix it! Talking trash publicly is irresponsible and a dereliction of his duty to the people of NY. I understand why the police would want to turn their backs on him, because the mayor should be working WITH his police department, not against them, but I'm not impressed by the NYPD. What I see, and I'm sure many other people see, is our "protectors" turning into our "oppressors." They are hired by the people to serve the people; in other words, they take their marching orders from the people... they don't give marching orders to the people. So turning their backs on their "boss," the person the people hired to run the city, is in fact turning their backs on the people.

Our law enforcement deserve better leadership, better supervision, and better guidance... in other words, better marching orders from the top -- including De Blasio and any/all mayors, as well as better laws worthy of enforcement and the personal risks they take every day.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   

edit on 28-12-2014 by TorqueyThePig because: Forget it. People are scumbags and my time is more important.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: MALBOSIA

bunch of thugs. fire em all

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Still say that the cops in these neighborhoods should just stop responding to calls. These people don't want help. They don't want change. You want cops to be the bad guys? They can be the bad guys, when they don't respond to someone getting robbed, a car wreck, domestic violence... Don't turn your backs on the people you will call when things go wrong.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 11:23 AM
link   
So where the cops who turned their back in the good cop catagoury?..Im thinking meh not really. Doesn't seem like they have concern for the community, the only thing guys like this want to protect is their job.. To my understanding they turned their backs because the mayor told his son to be wary of the police?
edit on 28-12-2014 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join